IGNORED

Bummer, Patch

SpencerPJ

So it seems Patch has let his membership expire, I was wondering why he hasn't been around since July 19..  That's two very knowledgeable 1st gen Einstein's we have lost this month, Cowpuc and Patch. ☹️  Hope all is well with him, I know Cowpuc moved on, I thought Patch was still actively riding.  Oh well, happy there are many other smart ones to keep me rolling, and rest assured, a big thank you for your help.

• Like 2

I noticed that too.  I'm still relatively new here & new to working on motorcycles.  Those two guys motivated, encouraged, prodded and taught me as I was dealing with an excessive heat issue on my bike when I first bought it.  I was getting depressed that I couldn't enjoy getting out and riding my new toy and they, along with others helped me get through it.  The knowledge they possess and their patience with a dork like me was priceless.  

Whatever new chapter in life they are on to and the people who are a part of that chapter are blessed to have them.  I will always be grateful to them for not only helping me, but the legacy of historical postings they've left behind here, which I often encounter when looking for various bits of info.

Godspeed to you Cowpuc and Patch!  Godspeed, my brothers!

• Like 3

I never heard anything from Cowpuc.  I know he was no longer riding but he still seemed to have a lot to contribute.  I hope he will eventually be back.  Patch did send me an email.  To be honest, it was very cryptic and I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to say.  I responded and told him that and he said that he was having some issues and had a problem putting into writing what he was trying to say.  He also had a lot to offer but he basically said his goodbyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Freebird said:

I never heard anything from Cowpuc.  I know he was no longer riding but he still seemed to have a lot to contribute.  I hope he will eventually be back.  Patch did send me an email.  To be honest, it was very cryptic and I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to say.  I responded and told him that and he said that he was having some issues and had a problem putting into writing what he was trying to say.  He also had a lot to offer but he basically said his goodbyes.

Thats unfortunate to hear it was only 3 weeks ago or so that we had been PM'ing back and forth. he was going to be coming east in a couple weeks and wanted to hook up with Marcarl and myself for a visit on his way through.  and then all of a sudden nothing. I hope all is OK with him.

• Like 1

Just got this from Patch and he asked me to copy and paste for you all:

EH Guys:

Thanks for the comments and the solid company you place in.

Well like Dad said the exchange between us was difficult. “Cryptic” is not something I have ever aspired to but it seems to fit at times within certain mind sets.

For those that have been members for a while may recall I left a couple years back due to health issues, I kind of overcame. It was really nice coming back to the club tho.  “a member?” even sent me a get well Russian Nurse! Oh brothers I still laugh over some truths, beliefs and the debates that fallowed…lmao

After catching Covid and not knowing (was early on and from Spain) some months after I went for a cognisance test. Maurice my long time stitcher and I viewed the need and reasons perhaps and most likely as a result of the medical issues never thinking anything of this so called “long haul effects”

I have good days, most mornings are clear. Interestingly enough my nato climbing partner went thru many of the symptoms I now experience. We both were exposed to high radio frequencies for long periods at a time over nearly 5 years. For him tho the change was sudden, they operated, he caught covid in the hospital and succumb to the events.

So just to say I don’t know what the cause is nor do I know if it will worsen. I do know tho my spelling is fun for me and those that rib me over it, but writing rubbish is beneath the clubs reading and therefore is an embarrassment to me.

Well I need not spell out Pucs and my relationship over the years…lol we always found our way back and thru the supper table potato throwing spirited “you are wrong” debates. Seriously we had some great times. Anyone remember the first time I called him “Sweetheart” man did I catch him off guard…lol

If I may say this: Theory is more important than the shapely steel in our tool boxes.

Learning theory is also a process of debate and not falling for “intuitive” the  easy way out.

When theory is not intuitive and we learn to understand this this is when we become solid in troubleshooting ;)

Ex: Velocity with volume or volume without velocity lack dynamics (real time) so knowing or assuming one without the other while may be correct mathematically provide no dynamic answers to the potential question: it simply is without dynamics; in other words means nothing individually. So with regards to troubleshooting combustion issues the math alone means nothing.

Often we short cut this to Ratios then just say OH YA… No, the shortcut does teach theory; all the shortcut did was place a fish in the seekers hand, theory teaches one how to fish for himself ;)

No matter what the theories that made you- you, sharing that hard earned gift is what defines us. Is that not your recent experience here “Problem Child”?

Diesel mechanics have to first learn theory to generate a baseline exaptation, and then separate the just rolled in problems to define the likely failings generating the issue (s)

I’ve just spent 3 weeks having my ass handed to me by my Powerstroke. It crushed the gearbox on the starter, threw the dust protection placed over the turbo inlet at my head. WTF

Can you derive the causes of that by those 2 hints? Yes it a diesel but the same issues can cross over to gas engines. I know saddlebum  is laughing and knows what happened. Finding out why tho took a lot of theory, experience and logic, I could not of done without either.

Believe it or not the mishap was corrected by adjusting one fastener to the correct torque spec 26 ft lbs ! Crazy right

PS. I’m still heading east soonish Carl will know when I hit the road anyone is welcome to catch up with us

Finally I like to say thanks for all the wins the newbies have brought to us over the years. As many of us know when we read, we see those that are willing to take a chance and dance with us, and those that just can’t or drop off.  

Like theory “what & why” are great starters to a thread, someone knows the why’s to the what’s ;) so carry on debating and fill in the blanks

Adios and see you’s out there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2