IGNORED

Headsets for 2nd Generation Venture

gunkylump

I recently put Edsets in my wifes 3/4. They are by far the best I've found in both quality and sound. The speakers have full range sound and the mic is crystal clear. We had a problem with the mic that was probably my fault. I called Ed to discuss it and he sent a replacement immediately with no questions asked, excellent customer service!

FWIW Everybody has an opinion on this I'm sure. Mine would be to buy the J&M economy set. I've tried several different brands and this seems to work well for me. Granted I'm probably not able to tell a lot of difference in the musically quailty of a set. However these sound great to me.

I recently put Edsets in my wifes 3/4. They are by far the best I've found in both quality and sound. The speakers have full range sound and the mic is crystal clear. We had a problem with the mic that was probably my fault. I called Ed to discuss it and he sent a replacement immediately with no questions asked, excellent customer service!

At GB's suggestion I got the edsets for Bev and myself. The chatter box sets i was using was working just fine but i sure did notice a big diffference in the Edsets. The base is so much bettter. The chatter box is a bit tinny but was solved with use of earplugs.

The price is a big difference. Chatterbox was 69 and these are about 200. You can hear the difference on Edsets website. He has a pretty good demo.

My wife and I use the OEM which IS J&M. I don't recall which model it crosses to though. But, we have had no issues other than my wife forgetting about the volume knob on her armrest. I do wish I could adjust the volume for mine. We have a hard time hearing when we have music on (through the dash) but I don't think that is a headset problem. We like our OEM but I would imagine a $200 set would be better. Again, it's what the budget will bear.

Thanks to all for the input....

Hey Gary, I'd like to see the set up that you have.....perhaps if the weather is ok on Sunday we could hook up somewhere? I'm going to go to the RED BULL Air races this weekend in Windsor...so Saturday is kind of tied up.

randy

go to wingstuff thy have some on sale right now

i just got some for my wife and i

http://www.wingstuff.com/

good luck

George C.

That is the wrong place for a non USA member to deal with, for 1 reason shipping $$$$$$. They ship UPS only, by the time UPS cross border fees are added, way too expensive. Sarges46 learned this, the hard way.

Thanks to all for the input....

Hey Gary, I'd like to see the set up that you have.....perhaps if the weather is ok on Sunday we could hook up somewhere? I'm going to go to the RED BULL Air races this weekend in Windsor...so Saturday is kind of tied up.

randy

Give me a call 839-5290.

What shift are you on? Are they having the bike nights in A'burg yet? Cruise night at Heritage Village this Thursday maybe?

Ramblingman is heading to Americade this weekend. He could probably get a set from Sierra for you if you get some $$ to him before he leaves.

Edited by Gary N.

Give me a call 839-5290.

What shift are you on? Are they having the bike nights in A'burg yet? Cruise night at Heritage Village this Thursday maybe?

Ramblingman is heading to Americade this weekend. He could probably get a set from Sierra for you if you get some $$ to him before he leaves.

Gary:

I am on afternoon shift this week.....the bike nights have started here in the A'burg, but it's a "rough" kind of crowd, at least in my opinion, that hang out at Shooters. Way too much alcohol + bikes+trouble, I stay away from there. Ramblingman, that would be Bruce?

randy

Gary:

I am on afternoon shift this week.....the bike nights have started here in the A'burg, but it's a "rough" kind of crowd, at least in my opinion, that hang out at Shooters. Way too much alcohol + bikes+trouble, I stay away from there. Ramblingman, that would be Bruce?

randy

Yes, that's Bruce. I've never been over to Shooters for bike night, didn't know about that group. I'll be meeting some buddies for lunch at Judy's in Paquette Corners tomorrow (Thursday), I could bring the headset there if you could make it.

That is the wrong place for a non USA member to deal with, for 1 reason shipping $$$$$$. They ship UPS only, by the time UPS cross border fees are added, way too expensive. Sarges46 learned this, the hard way.

So did I and they never responded to any of the emails that I sent them regarding shipping. For them it's UPS or nothing.

Hey Randy,

I just picked up a set from Sierra Electronics ($75.00) that work both with a 1/2 helmet or no helmet. I haven't had a chance to try them out other than in the store but I think they are going to be fine. If you want to see them and try them just say the word.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45U

We use these too... work great and the cord comes with them!