IGNORED

On a totally unrelated subject

tooldood

My new toy...

Dual Fuel... Gas to the left (with a side burner) and Charcoal to the right (and I'm gonna add a smoker box to the side)

It cooks really nice.

So Scott, where'd you pick that baby up..... :thumbsup2:

I grill ALOT! it is nice to have the gas for when you need the grill fast and hot!!

The charcoal is good for the flavor and smoke...but it takes a bit longer. I love doing ribs. Shoot, I love grilling darn near everything!

Boy Tool,

That unit would make a GREAT sidecar on a VR!!:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Earl

I don't know about that... it throws off heat! The first time I fired it up, the thermometer on it said it got up to about 750 degrees in about 5 minutes!!

I wouldn't want to ride next to that very long...

I tried something new the other day for starting the coals. I bought a box of fire starter packets. You put 1 or 2 down, pile the charcoal over and around it and light it. It supposedly burns at 1500 degrees or somethin' like that and starts the charcoal pretty easy. No lighter fluid or big flames like you get w/ fluid.:thumbsup2:

Enough of the polite chit-chat. I'm asking the question everone really wants the answer to. WHEN WILL THE RIBS BE READY??? Seriously, enjoy the new cooker and if you cook to much I'm sure there are some local VR members to help with the excess. :rotf::rotf:

I tried something new the other day for starting the coals. I bought a box of fire starter packets. You put 1 or 2 down, pile the charcoal over and around it and light it. It supposedly burns at 1500 degrees or somethin' like that and starts the charcoal pretty easy. No lighter fluid or big flames like you get w/ fluid.:thumbsup2:

When the wife bought me the 'Full Monty' Weber Kettle for fathers day a couple of years ago it came with those little white cubes. The worked great, but I ran out and haven't bumped into them anywhere yet. She also bought one of those stainless cylindar starters gizmos. I've since been using newpaper...comics work best... to fire the coals. Takes longer with the newpaper than with the cubes, but either way it beats the 'H' out of the fluid...

Hmmm - why not go the whole hog and do an LPG conversion - same fuel for cooking and for driving and a chariot to keep it all in. I like my beer warm, but you could have a gas powered fridge too.:080402gudl_prv:

Yeah, well Greg, y'all are just weird when it comes to beer!!! :rotfl:

The fridge in the RV that I used to have used propane or electric to cool it.

When the wife bought me the 'Full Monty' Weber Kettle for fathers day a couple of years ago it came with those little white cubes. The worked great, but I ran out and haven't bumped into them anywhere yet. She also bought one of those stainless cylindar starters gizmos. I've since been using newpaper...comics work best... to fire the coals. Takes longer with the newpaper than with the cubes, but either way it beats the 'H' out of the fluid...

Hey Don, once you get it going a little bit, try using an electric hair dryer on it. That's what I used to do back in the day and it's like turbo-charging the starter!

I don't know for sure, but from what I read online about it, it does have a sideburner that can be used to get the charcoal going.

I thought the side burner was like a stove burner, for cookin' sauces, or corn, or soup, or som'pin. :confused24:

I did hear today that Weber has one that has a gas starter.

I also saw an original Weber, one that was made out of an ocean buoy! That was cool!!!

Hey Don, once you get it going a little bit, try using an electric hair dryer on it. That's what I used to do back in the day and it's like turbo-charging the starter!

I had a roommate years ago that worked for a co called Airgas... he would get an oxygen tank and shoot some oxygen into the coals and get them fired right up!

I thought the side burner was like a stove burner, for cookin' sauces, or corn, or soup, or som'pin. :confused24:

I did hear today that Weber has one that has a gas starter.

I also saw an original Weber, one that was made out of an ocean buoy! That was cool!!!

Yea, I didn't say that right. I'm not talking about the side burner that is used for pots and pans and etc....I read that it has an additional burner in the box area for lighting the charcoal. I've actually seen this on a number of new grills lately but may be mistaken about this one.

Guest HdHtr

I was lookin at that model but our local fire department asked me not to get it, that the little one I got is more than enough

... wonder why?? I mean they haven't been out here that much!