IGNORED

Grip adhesives?

DANJ

What adhesives have you used to install grips? I don't like the adhesive that comes with the Kuryakyn set. Want durability, but want to take my time installing and don't want any in the throttle sleeve.

Thanks,

Dan

I actually use hairspray. It's always worked well for me.

Same here. I always just hit the dollar store and get the cheapest one I can find, spray the hell outta the inside of the grip and slide it on. wipe up the excess and let it dry for a half hour or so and you're good to go.

Ever have a problem with hairspray coming loose over time. That's a great idea, I just bought some ISO grips to replace the stock ones. Any other tips I should know before I start? Never done this before. Thanks Guys

I'll be dipped! Somehow I would never even considered Hairspray! As long as there is sufficient contact, I can't see why it wouldn't work. My wife is a cosmotologist. I'll have to see what she recommends.:scratchchin: Makes me wonder about the gel stuff. Ya know that stuff that makes yer hair all stiff till ya comb it.

:smile5:

How much heat? I plan on doin alot of riding in southern Utah, Nevada and Arizona. Has anyone had a problem with the hairspray loosening in the summer sun. That would not be good.:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

BTW, where did you guys get that idea?

How much heat? I plan on doin alot of riding in southern Utah, Nevada and Arizona. Has anyone had a problem with the hairspray loosening in the summer sun. That would not be good.:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

BTW, where did you guys get that idea?

the Idea ?

for me it's common Knowledge :D:D:D:D:D

Summer won't be a Problem, but if the Spray is too cheap, Rain can cause some slip on Grips. Until they are dry again.

To get the old Ones loose, you can use a Sringe, filled with Gasoline. Stub out your Cigarette, lift the Grip with a small Screwdriver and press the Gas under the Grips. Move around the whole Handlebar and after that, try to turn the Grip. Once you can turn it, you will be able to pull the Grip off.

Or start your Compressor and use the the Blowgun, lift the Grip with Screwdriver and press the Air between Grip and Handlebar.

Don't try to mix those Versions, if you blow in the Gas, this will result in an big Mess, with lots of cleaning and repainting.

the Idea ?

for me it's common Knowledge :D:D:D:D:D

Don't try to mix those Versions, if you blow in the Gas, this will result in an big Mess, with lots of cleaning and repainting.

And mabey a little remodeling and cosmetic surgery if ya forget to put out your smoke.:whistling:

I plan on spliting my old grips with a razor knife as I REALLY don't like them and would not reuse them in any case.

It's Saturday and I decided to install some more goodies. Had ISO grips, ISO pegs and my new bell ( a present from my son) Started with the grips. They came off slick ( thought this is gonna be too easy LOL) After thorough cleaning,applied industrial strength professional super mega hold hair spray. After 2hour wait, grips were still sliding off from gravity. Cleaned everything up again. Read Kuryakyn instructions again. Installed throttle side as per instructions. Won't ever do that again!!! Minor defect in throttle side will have to live with until I put some new ones on. Went back to my gut and headed to the golf store and got some grip tape. Worked super slick. Took about 3 hours to cure. Everything else went as per plan. Check it out.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...