IGNORED

About to paint my bike.

Nope, you're right.

The higher the Pressure, the more Air Volume at a lower Pressure is in the Tank.

You are so right. :happy34: In essence you're saying that you actually can put 10lbs of manure in a 5lb sack. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You are so right. :happy34: In essence you're saying that you actually can put 10lbs of manure in a 5lb sack. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

it's amazing how a conversation can take a totally different direction! Nathan.... NO... manure is NOT necessary for painting your scoot...

:sign20:

:whistling::whistling:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

it's amazing how a conversation can take a totally different direction! Nathan.... NO... manure is NOT necessary for painting your scoot...

:sign20:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. :no-no-no: :whistling: I'll try to do better!! :ignore::ignore:

Like he said, no cow stuff needed. See. I'm doing better already. :rotf::rotf:

If you do paint some parts on the bike before you mask it you can use some spray wax on the bike spray it on and don't wipe it off (don't get any on the parts to be painted) this will help keep the over spray that goes everywhere from sticking to chrome ect.

If you do paint some parts on the bike before you mask it you can use some spray wax on the bike spray it on and don't wipe it off (don't get any on the parts to be painted) this will help keep the over spray that goes everywhere from sticking to chrome ect.

So are you suggesting then, that he take all the paintable items off the bike, wax what is left, then remount the paintable items so that he can now paint them without having any stick to the chrome?? Hummmm now that sounds real good, saves on possible scratching while remounting and you can ride as soon as the paint is dry.:happy65:

So are you suggesting then, that he take all the paintable items off the bike, wax what is left, then remount the paintable items so that he can now paint them without having any stick to the chrome?? Hummmm now that sounds real good, saves on possible scratching while remounting and you can ride as soon as the paint is dry.:happy65:
What I am saying is if he is going to paint the fenders and faring on the bike he will get over spray that will inevitably get under the masking and the wax will keep it from sticking to the parts he does not want overs pray on.

What I am saying is if he is going to paint the fenders and faring on the bike he will get over spray that will inevitably get under the masking and the wax will keep it from sticking to the parts he does not want overs pray on.

I've done something similar to that before. Will your Lemmon Pledge work for that?

Nathan,

A substantial portion of the cost of such a project is prep and prep materials. I own a body shop, and from time to time a customer comes in with a project like yours. If you have such a shop that you have used, look them up and ask if they will coach you through the prep proceedures and advise on where to get automotive quality materials. Quite often fellers like me get a little kick out of helping with these types of projects. When the coach sees what you have done in the prep and approves the product, pay them to paint it for you. If you go about it that you will be pleased and proud of the results.

DJ

this worked perfectly for me, I had over 100 hours in the prep work, but learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way, in the end, I bought the pint (auto) the reducer and anything else I was told to by my paint guy. it cost about $175 Can .

I paid him a substantial sum to spray it for me in my garage ..... ok, ok, it was a case of beer and a steak dinner lol. but you get the point.... sometimes it is just better to let an artist do there thing and pay , pay , pay.!!!!!

good luck and show pics after..

gord