IGNORED

Half Face Helmet Head Set

Those look the same headsets that I use with my half helmet. I find they hurt my ears if I wear them for very long because you have to stick your ears in them in such a way that they hang on the back of your ears.

I'm leaving on a big trip next week, so I've modified the head set so they don't hang on my ears. I went to the dollar store and bought another headset that goes over the top of your head and can be adjusted. I then cut off the speakers, then taped the adjustable piece on to my other speakers. This way I can put the headset on without putting them over my ears. My helmet fits fine and it's more comfortable this way. There is still the piece that sits at the back of your head,but that doesn't get in the way and the speakers are now suspended by the piece over the top of your head.

:)

I'm using behind the neck stereo headphones in my modular helmet to listen to tunes. I don't know anyone who offers this option in intercom headsets. They're more comfortable than the other types of headsets I've tried. The ear piece goes over the top of the ear, which alleves the pressure and reduces discomfort from longer rides that the other styles of headsets cause. The small, padded speakers seem to fit well and don't interfere with donning the helmet.

My wife has a Skorpion half helmet with ear pads that accept speakers. Don't know if the pads are available for your helmet or not.

J and M has been advertising shorty helmet setups.. They are even removeable if you dont need them. I have J and M in my Scorpion 3/4 helmets and love them. Good solid manufacturer. BuddyRich has Scorpion 1/2 helmets and I believe that the speakers attach to the earpads on his.

JB

the only head set I have seen that does not require you to wear the liner in a half helmet has been the ones from IMC, I have been using these for a couple of years now without any issues, I would suggest using Sierra Electronics to purchase as they have been a little cheaper than even the manufacturer on the ones I have picked up, they also sell other brands too.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/

• 2 weeks later...