IGNORED

Let's Start Another Mac Muffler Group Buy List

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condor, We all appreciate your time and efforts. You did all the upfront work and continue to bang your head calling those guys. Thank You. When I ordered I knew it was a winter project, Take care , joe (Saddle_Bag)

I just called them 3days ago, 2days ago, and yesterday Joe. Still getting the run-a-round. I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I'm about ready to tell them to stick it and refund everyone's payments. I've dealt with a lot manufacturers in the past, and when they start coming up with excuse after excuse about production, it's generally a sign of one of two things. They are indeed swamped with orders, or their credit line is so bad they can't even buy material, and they're about ready to fold.. In this case I don't think it's the former. I've been getting the run-around and excuses since mid-June, and I'm trying to be patient...above and beyond.... because I know how much you guys want these mufflers, I'm really sorry, but... I'm runing out of patients. So unless something happens very quickly, don't be surprised if it you all get a notice that you have a refund sitting in your paypal accounts.

So what are these jokers saying Condor? They said a couple of weeks ago they were going to be cutting and bending the next week. They change their story?

That two weeks ago has turned into 5. And they actually said 3 weeks about 2 months ago. It's always the same story. As soon as they check with the production manager they'll get back with me. I don't think the PM even exists. I'd love to walk in off the street and put the screws to 'm. Like I said in my previous. I've just about had it up to here with excuses.

OK it's friday afternoon. I just called them again. The latest story??? is they are at the chromers and should be ready next week. WE'll see..................

Just remember Condor.....it's the thrill of the hunt that makes the kill worthwhile.

Well, that was my best comforting speech. How ya feeling now? Better?

quote]

After this long of a time, and standing knee deep in their BS, I don't give their chrome story much credence. :bang head::buttkick:

Condor: certainly want to thank you for all your efforts in dealing with a frustrating situation. If you can find the patience to perservere a while longer that's fine, but if you've had enough and want to pull the plug on this buy that's okay with me. I'm not in any hurry, but I'm good with whatever you decide.

Thanks again for your efforts on our behalf.

SmilingJack

I'm not in any hurry, but I'm good with whatever you decide.

Thanks again for your efforts on our behalf.

SmilingJack

Same here this is just a spare set, being stored for whenever needed. I'm running Mk2 mufflers, with modified mounts.

:canada:

Condor, I'm in no hurry. If you want to wait them out I have no problem with that. Hell man, we've come this far. My season is over anyway from the looks of the freezing drizzle we're getting anyway.

What ever you decide to do is cool with me but I have no problem with waiting a while longer.

• 1 month later...
sorry about that. st.andrewswest@hotmail.com

regards

Thanks for the address, but I don't have any record of receiving a paypal payment from you, and the group buy has been closed for quite some time now. If somehow I've screwed up please let me know. Generally one of the prerequisites to get on the list is a fairly complete bio on your board profile page, with email contact in order to get hold of you, if need be. Again let me know if I've hic-cupped somewhere and you have paid. We'll straighten it out. :)

Well folks it's been a long time coming, but I finally feel safe enough to announce that I've received 11 of the 15 sets of MAC Mufflers that were ordered. I actually had 3 sets come in about 3 weeks ago, but thought I'd just keep my mouth shut, because if that's all I'd ever get I was up the proverbial creek, and really didn't know what I would have done... But MAC shipped another 6 late last week which arrived yesterday afternoon and then 2 more show'd up with in the last hour.

So.... here's what's going to happen. I should have enough to satisfy all those that have already ponied up your paypal payments... if any of you can remember back that far :)....., and I'll start shipping them out after the Christmas Holidays. For those that have expressed an interest in picking up a set if there are any spares, I'll see what it looks like after the smoke clears and drop you an email to see if you are still interested.

I want to thank everyone for being so patient with this whole thing. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, and think CHROME.... :sign woo hoo: