IGNORED

Stebel air horn bracket

After some prodding by fellow members I'm offering my Stebel air horn bracket for those who wish to have one.

It's made from 1/8" stainless steel and nicely polished. Pics below of it on the air horn and in the mounted position. It replaces the stock horn on the right side of the bike, and tucks in very good as well. The horn doesn't stick out beyond the exhaust pipes because of that.

Price of the bracket is $15 which will include shipping priority mail.

Payments can be made by PayPal at lskeels@wowway or use the same address to get my home address if sending a money order.

Larry

That looks great larry I just need to figure out if i could still use that then plate that goes behind my OEM horn that covers/cleans up all that stuff under there.

i may have to buy the bracket before the horn to see if it will work.

Great job! heres a pic that shows a bit of the chrome plate i was talking about

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/salty01/oct262005007.jpg

That looks great larry I just need to figure out if i could still use that then plate that goes behind my OEM horn that covers/cleans up all that stuff under there.

i may have to buy the bracket before the horn to see if it will work.

Great job! heres a pic that shows a bit of the chrome plate i was talking about

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/salty01/oct262005007.jpg

Hi Salty. After looking at both your pic here and at the DiamondR site of that plate I really don't think my bracket will work with it. There's a couple of reasons I think that way. One is that the bracket I'm making lets the horn sit back closer to the frame. I could alter the length of the bracket and allow it to rest up against the back of the DiamondR plate but getting the horn mounted could be a problem. The second reason is with the horn mounted using my bracket the stock horms mounting spot is all but covered up by the horn. I see no way to access the two bolts there short of taking off the exhaust pipe.

When I first started to fabricate a mount for the horn I was thinking I could use those two bolts. But soon realized it was a fast fading thought.

If you've already have that plate there you may be able to simiply drill a hole in the proper spot. The horn would stick out further thou.

Larry

Thanks larry, I appreciate you taking that look and saving me a little coin.

We'll see maybe i'll just bite the bullet and take it off and go with a chrome stebel!

Truth be told the horn on my 06 Heritage is way louder than these 2 it can actuall be heard on the hiway! LOL

Im thinking on it

Cheers!

A++ work on the bracket Larry! Received it this afternoon and after an hour or so (and an extra 1/2 hour rewiring my mistake since I wired it as a powered switch grounding out the other relay lead and instead it's a ground switch so you must wire leads from the relay to both legacy horn wires... Oops! :whistling: ) The horn fits and works perfectly. There's a perfect amount of clearance below the horn to keep the power/ground wires off the exhaust pipe and above/to the side of the horn to keep it off anything else and it looks like the bracket/horn is stock IMO (actually looks better than stock but I mean that it looks natural to the bike). Thanks very much for the fab and for sending it out to me so fast.

A++ seller, will do business with again! :rotf:

As I am waiting on my bracket to mount the horn, I seem to be getting confused as to how to wire this.

I want to replace the OEM horn with the stebel but my question is.....

Is there another horn located inside the farring? If so, do I have to do anything to it or can I just replace the horn behind the drivers right floorboard?

Suggestions are appreciated

As I am waiting on my bracket to mount the horn, I seem to be getting confused as to how to wire this.

I want to replace the OEM horn with the stebel but my question is.....

Is there another horn located inside the farring? If so, do I have to do anything to it or can I just replace the horn behind the drivers right floorboard?

Suggestions are appreciated

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91

Included are a couple of pic's on how they look on the bike. For mounting the horn I used an "L" bracket Bolted to where the Grounding strap mounts onto the engine. and mounted the relay under the cover just beside the right foot of the passanger.

I also have an easy wiring instructions.

A. Pink horn wire goes to RELAY POST 85.

B. Brown horn wire goes to Relay Post 86.

C. Connect one end of a wire to Relay Post 30 and the other end to the Hot side,+, of the compressor

D. Connect end of your 20 amp Fused line to Relay Post 87 and the other end to the Hot Post,+, of your Battery.

E. Connect the negative,-, on compressor to ground

The only horn you remove is the one by your right foot. I wired it with the relay to the ground first (which means the horn sounds continuously :D ) until I went back to the previously posted instructions and realised I had to wire both posts from the relay to the old horn wires. It's pretty darn easy once you RTFM :080402gudl_prv: ! The easiest way is probably to clip the plastic connection between the old horn wires and plug them directly into the relay then run a fused power wire up to the positve terminal on your battery and then the hot wire to the + terminal on the new horn. Run a ground wire from the - terminal on the horn to the mounting bolt and youre done. Remember to use the plastic extension bracket the comes with the horn in between the horn and the L bracket so that you can reach the mounting bolt on the engine. Look at Carbon's pics if you have any horn mounting questions.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Larry

Bracket worked great, horn mounted and working great. When I tested it I scared the living hell out of a pizza delivery guy, almost dumped the pizza in the front yard.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:. really looking forward to some crazy cager getting the message or should I say the Horn:whistling:

Got Larry's bracket and installed it without a problem. Be careful on that first test. Make sure the garage door is open.

I had the door open and when I tested it, my wife jumped in the back yard. :)

Leonard

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Can I still get one of these with wiring directions?

Yep the brackets are available still. Here's a link to the ad in the classifieds -- http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2770&title=stebel-horn-bracket&cat=7

as well as my other items - http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=500&ppuser=161

Larry