IGNORED

Paint for 1988 Venture

edtheguy

How can I get the correct paint color for my bike.

Had to rebuild left side fairing did a repaint with colors I thought were close. But really dont like it. Anybody with info out there? Thanks . Its white and cream I think.

1988 white DU Creamy White/ Ceramic Ivory

Taken from definitive color chart. Our post. I think these are the colors.

On my 88 I had to take it to a pint store to get color matched, Your paint is 31 years old, it no longer matched what the color code says it should. The paint store was able to match the fading that had occurred over the years so the new paint was undetectable. To really hide the repair you need to put a new coat of clear on all the parts that are nearby so that the shine will match. OR Once you have the new panel all painted and cleared then scuff sand it and the mating parts with 1000 grit wet and polish it back up, this will give everything the same shine.

On my 88 I had to take it to a pint store to get color matched, Your paint is 31 years old, it no longer matched what the color code says it should. The paint store was able to match the fading that had occurred over the years so the new paint was undetectable. To really hide the repair you need to put a new coat of clear on all the parts that are nearby so that the shine will match. OR Once you have the new panel all painted and cleared then scuff sand it and the mating parts with 1000 grit wet and polish it back up, this will give everything the same shine.

When I go to the PINT store and get a few none of my work looks right. :beer: :banana: Gotta watch that Flyinfool or he'll paint it white for ya.

When I go to the PINT store and get a few none of my work looks right. :beer: :banana: Gotta watch that Flyinfool or he'll paint it white for ya.

Whats a little "a" among friends?

So lets see now nozzle bearing 202.53° range 439.57 miles........... @cowpuc might not even get any fallout from this one.