IGNORED

High Miles Tundra

BlueSky

The guy who installed our new kitchen cabinets drives a 15 yr old Toyota Tundra 4x4 with the 4.7L V8 engine. He bought it new and it has 534,000 miles on it. He said he had to get the front end rebuilt a while back but other than that it's been very reliable. He's not a mechanic and he drove it until a front ball joint failed leaving him on the side of the road. Pretty amazing!

Toyota makes amazing vehicals. The company I retired from had a large fleet of pickups and larger vehicals including eighteen wheelers. The Toyota Tundras always brought twice the price of everything else when it came to selling. Usually they had 300,000 + on the odo. The last couple years saw the company going to some Ram trucks for the first time. I really liked them, for what they were and the V6 was very impressive with the 8 speed tranny. Have no idea how they turned out since I am long gone now.

:farmer:

Wow Your cabinet guys must get paid less than the yard guys here. They all seem to drive crew cab 250 series 4wd less than 3 years old.

He said he used to buy domestic and traded often. Then he started buying Nissans and Toyotas and found out how long they last. He said he traded his last Toyota with 200k miles on it and that was probably too early. Yeah, I think the labor charge for installing the cabinets was reasonable.

Now, I'm waiting for the quartz counter top guys to do their job. Living without a kitchen sink is a nuisance for sure. With a helper, I removed the cabinets and backsplash, and I repaired the wall. I'm also doing the electrical and plumbing. We had to cut out the sheetrock behind the backsplash. No Duroc. The wife somehow managed to schedule a 3 week trip to her homeland so she gets to avoid most of the hassle of the kitchen remodeling!! I put an ad on craigs for the old kitchen cabinets and ended up giving them to a couple whose home had flooded and were rebuilding.

I noticed that the engine in the million mile Tundra was the 4.7L V8, the same engine that's in the cabinet guys Tundra. I wonder if the 5.7L engine is as reliable as the 4.7L?
I sure hope so since my Tundra is also a 2007 but with the 5.7 :fingers-crossed-emo