IGNORED

Anyone else watching Mecum Huston Auction??

Condor

I have Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions programmed to automatically record when they start showing on TV. This week Mecum started on the 4th and recorded for 6 hrs. I usually view the show while messing around on the laptop, and I might start and stop it on my time. So where am I going with this?? Unbeknownst to me, toward the end they had a collection of motorcycles cross the block. 130 of them. Ducati's, Honda's, Yamaha's, Harley's etc. They even had a V-Max1700, and it went for $7K. They were all mint low mile bikes, and I wished I were sitting in the bidders section... Ida walked out of there with quite a few bikes and not be broke.... Anybody else see it???

I don't record the shows but watch them when they are on just to see some of the cars that I have owned will bring in todays market. Like 69 Firebird, 57 Belair conv. with cont. kit, 55 chevy, 62 chevy,72 Olds. 72 Cougar XR7, 72 Mustang Mach1. and one I almost forgot 65 Ply. Fury.

I don't record the shows but watch them when they are on just to see some of the cars that I have owned will bring in todays market. Like 69 Firebird, 57 Belair conv. with cont. kit, 55 chevy, 62 chevy,72 Olds. 72 Cougar XR7, 72 Mustang Mach1. and one I almost forgot 65 Ply. Fury.

Ain't that the truth.... I have quite a few 'Holy Sh_t' moments seeing what some of those cars I've owned are bringing.... I like to record the auctions, and then I can fast forward thru all the Mustangs, Camaro's, and Corvette's..... :-) You can stream the Barrett-Jackson auction right now. The signs etc. auction starts at 6a Eastern, and the cars start up at 9a. Here's the streaming link if anyone's interested...

PALM BEACH

Watched for a little bit last night, saw a couple of Corvettes go pretty cheap. They don't seem to be spending a lot of money this time around...

That's the first day when all the bargains roll thru. Craigslist condition. I consider it 'my day' :mo money: By the time it hits Saturday it's fantasy time.... :-)

Hearing that Roller... I sold my 351 Cleveland, 4 speed, side piped fast back Mach 1 for $1500 in the late 70's. I remember towing in LOTS of those old cars to the scrap yard when I was a broke kid and needed spending money,,, $25 each.. A guy could actually hit up those yards full of scrapped cars back then and parts were plentiful including body pieces.. Almost brings tears to my eyes thinking of some of the cool stuff that got crushed.. Days longgg gone by for sure..

I cant hardly stand watching Mechems or Barret Jackson. Folks there just have way more dollars than cents. You see all them cars I drove back then and now you can finance a house for what they go for.

I cant hardly stand watching Mechems or Barret Jackson. Folks there just have way more dollars than cents. You see all them cars I drove back then and now you can finance a house for what they go for.

On fantasy Saturday you can still buy a castle or two with the :mo money:some of these peeps are tossing at high end garage queens... I just finished up watching the last of BJ and the last day didn't hold my attention as much as the first when the prices would come close to taking all of my retirement poke... I also streamed the auto paraphernalia auctions. Some of those signs went for more than I could buy a nice RSV.... Must be nice to have that kind of money. The only way I'll ever see it, is win the Lotto.... That's my fantasy... :-) No that's not my fantasy... My fantasy is to be sitting in the bidding audience and have so much money that it means nothing to go big..... :fishin: