IGNORED

Played with oxy/acet balloons before but THIS beats the ol balloon fun COMPLETELY!!

cowpuc

I thought the thing was a mess... 'cept for those 55 gallon drums going airborn.... Now that was cool... :-)

Exactly Jack!! :clap2::thumbsup:

You see that lid disappear? INCOMING :big-grin-emoticon:

Years ago,, before the Empire took over,, back in the days when rat shooting at open dumps was a thing (talk about FUN), Dynomite was available at our local hardware stores. When I was a kid I actually got to see a car door disappear into the sky (like an arrow shot skyward out of a Compound Bow :scared:) under the influence of 1 stick oh Dynomoe.. This video reminded me a little of those long gone by days.. :missingtooth:

By the way,,, the reason I found this video is cause Tip noticed one of those "double barrel" tacticle shotguns at the gun shop yesterday (the DP-12) and we played with it some. Found this vid while showing her it in action on youtube. While not that impressed that much with the performance of the 12 (prefer my mag fed AR 12 gauge wayyy over this one:thumbsup:) , I was THRILLED to see the drums fly!! Pretty cool!!

I think I need one of those and some (OK a LOT) of the incendiary ammo for it.:thumbsup::225::mo money:

:scared:,, put a 55 gallon drum full of parts and stuff on top of the boomer bottom, touch er off at 15 degrees due east,, INSTANT quick, CHEAP shippin!! :missingtooth:

Matter of fact,, may also be an affordable and fun way to commute from your house, across the ocean, to my house Jeff! Notice I didnt say the other way around :stickinouttounge:

Yep... Those were the days.. :thumbsup2: It's amazing that we're still alive without the government watching over us and telling us we could and could not do to keep us safe...:nanner:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

+1

Migawd, we've been having a pretty rough Day, fighting our serious Illness, and feeling about as low as a Caribbean Limbo Champ.

Thanks to The Pucster, we're headed for The Sack with a great big GRIN on our Kisser.

Thanks TONS, Bud!~

Migawd, we've been having a pretty rough Day, fighting our serious Illness, and feeling about as low as a Caribbean Limbo Champ.

Thanks to The Pucster, we're headed for The Sack with a great big GRIN on our Kisser.

Thanks TONS, Bud!~

Awe,,,,sorry to hear about the bug that found you @WRIDR,,, all the very best thoughts and Prayers Up for you my brother. That not feeling well aint not fun AT ALL!!

You are more then welcome on the induced :big-grin-emoticon:,, it's the least one lop eared VR club member varmint can do for another!:thumbsup:

Get well!

Puc

:scared:,, put a 55 gallon drum full of parts and stuff on top of the boomer bottom, touch er off at 15 degrees due east,, INSTANT quick, CHEAP shippin!! :missingtooth:

Matter of fact,, may also be an affordable and fun way to commute from your house, across the ocean, to my house Jeff! Notice I didnt say the other way around :stickinouttounge:

No need to ask for one to get you over here, What are friends for anyhow, of course I am now making up a 55gal drum just for you to be able to get here on a moments notice......:stirthepot::stickinouttounge:

No need to ask for one to get you over here, What are friends for anyhow, of course I am now making up a 55gal drum just for you to be able to get here on a moments notice......:stirthepot::stickinouttounge:

Back in the 70's I was Machining for a large machine shop in Grand Haven Mich. Working 3rd Shift (I LOVED workin 3rd) with about 70 other chip makers and only 2 adults (back then we called em Bosses) allowed us evil children to have some pretty good times,,, got our work done but still,,, we had some pretty good times.. Stuff like Dykem Bluing found on the backside of Turret Lathe handles was an every night event,,, you know what I am sayin Jeff,,, shop life..

Anyway,,, one night the day shift Maintenance gang left a door open with easy access to the company Oxy/Acet torches and it caught my eye. As we were headed atta way and I was pulling a "balloon" out of my wallet (:missingtooth:) I asked my partner in crime (buddy), who had joined me to see what I was up to, if he had ever seen what a good mix of oxy/ace would do if inflated into a little 3" kiddy balloon and then lit? He shook his head nahhhhhh.. I was AMAZED at how HUGE the particular "balloon" I carried in my wallet became after I tweeked the torch tip to a perfect cone, knocked the flame out by touching it to a steel welding table and stuck the tip into the "balloon".. We both watched as the "balloon" filled to well over 3 feet in length and a foot in diameter..

When we got out side the building, with only a concrete wall seperating us from the 70 plus other employees who were sitting at the lunch tables filling their faces, I pulled a roll of masking tape out of my dark blue machinist apron and taped the "balloon" to the concrete wall :missingtooth:,,, then I ran good 6 feet of masking tape "fuse" from the roll, stuck one end of it to the bottom of "balloon" and left the other end hanging.. My friend was :think: as I lit a Marlboro Red and then stuck the flame of my Zippo under the end of the tape that was hanging just above the ground. Without haste I said,,, lets go back inside..

As we approached the lunch table there was this LOUD,, thunderous KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOM that actually made the salt n pepper shakers on the lunch tables bounce.. The lunch room (wasnt actually a room, it was just a bunch of tables set up behind a group of #2 Warner Swasey Turret Lathes) went deathly quite just before someone said "HOLY SPAMOLEY" (spamoley replacing the word that was actually spoken) and then someone said "I think the offices just blew up".. I told my buddy that,,, ok,,, THAT really was a bit of an overkill but ya gotta admit,, it is AMAZING how powerful a touch of a good mix of Oxygen and Acetelyne can be!!

Soo,, @Flyinfool,,, which of us is gonna spearmint with figuring out how many seconds of mix its gonna take to launch the drum and not blow the sides out of it in the process :duck:

Awe,,,,sorry to hear about the bug that found you WRIDR,,, all the very best thoughts and Prayers Up for you my brother. That not feeling well aint not fun AT ALL!!

You are more then welcome on the induced :big-grin-emoticon:,, it's the least one lop eared VR club member varmint can do for another!:thumbsup:

Get well!

Puc

--------------------------------

Thanks for the Good Wishes, Puc!

Unfortunately "Get Well" isn't in the Book. With your Cancer Knowledge, here's The Diagnosis: "Stage 4 Prostate Cancer; Metastatic Adeno Carcinoma - shifted to Pelvic Bone". Battling this Devil since 2006 with fantastic Family Support. Sadly the Clock is now ticking LOUDER, but we'll keep trying to stretch it out.

Rgds, WRIDR

--------------------------------

Thanks for the Good Wishes, Puc!

Unfortunately "Get Well" isn't in the Book. With your Cancer Knowledge, here's The Diagnosis: "Stage 4 Prostate Cancer; Metastatic Adeno Carcinoma - shifted to Pelvic Bone". Battling this Devil since 2006 with fantastic Family Support. Sadly the Clock is now ticking LOUDER, but we'll keep trying to stretch it out.

Rgds, WRIDR

I am speechless, and so sorry to read this my brother.. My little brother by birth (3 years younger) is among the many of us too @WRIDER, his has spread into his lungs and now into into the top of his right Femur where it ate away enough bone that he had to have a rod placed in so he could walk again. That was 2 months ago and they have him back on his feet again, with a cane of course but he is back upright. It is my earnest and utmost prayer that the Dr.'s, assisted by the loving hand of God himself, are able to find ways to do the same on your behalf Rider.. You are in my daily thoughts and prayers brother.

I know dealing with this nasty stuff is a daily, oft times hourly, thing but it is a battle worth fighting.

We are family and in this together Rider!

:bighug: Puc

Bless your uber-kind Heart, Pucster!

Up until recently our problems are nuthin, compared to how your poor Little Brother is suffering.

We FEEL for him.

Our biggest issue: the 'enhanced side effect' caused by Treatment. In this case Arthritis is the Villain, bending us over almost 80-90 degrees above the waist. Not funny, BUT comical results have occurred as we bounce off stuff not easily seen unless 'heads up' posture is strictly maintained. So far nobody else has been seriously hurt!~

Hugs, WRIDR

Edited by WRIDR

Bless your uber-kind Heart, Pucster!

Up until recently our problems are nuthin, compared to how your poor Little Brother is suffering.

We FEEL for him.

Our biggest issue: the 'enchanced side effect' caused by Treatment. In this case Arthritis is the Villain, bending us over almost 80-90 degrees above the waist. Not funny, BUT comical results have occurred as we bounce off stuff not easily seen unless 'heads up' posture is strictly maintained. So far nobody else has been seriously hurt!~

Hugs, WRIDR

:bighug:right back at cha my friend!!! And THANK YOU for the kind words on my brother, brother!! :beer:

Him and I fought like cats and dogs when we were little,, he was ALWAYS Dads favorite (my Dad never understood the "gearhead" thing which created all kinds of issues between he and I) so we had that sibling rivalry :stickpoke: t:stickpoke::stickpoke:thing happenin 24/7.. Little did we know that, like so many including yourself, we would both be needing those :stickpoke: skills for this stuff:doh:.

You hang in there and walk as straight up as possible brother.. Try to remember that "straight up" and proud is a thing of the heart more than of the physical.. Works (sometimes) for me!!:backinmyday::happy34: