IGNORED

Pulling a trailer

My first chance to pull my trailer with the SVTC. It pulled it very well, you'd forget it's back there. I'll be taking the trailer to get it wrapped or painted in the next week. I j

ust went for a lazy 130 mile ride with the trailer. Here in Florida at sea level, I struggle to hit 40 mpg on a long ride. Happy with the mpg pulling a trailer. It's obvious the engine does not struggle with the load and braking is good too. It pulls as good as my 08 Wing did.

1231181739.jpg 0101191452_HDR.jpg0614180936.jpg

Not sure why the first pic is upside down but the trailer is an 08 Hannigan that I have pulled behind my Wing for 50,000 miles. Trailer quality is fantatstic though there is a design issue. The weather seal for the lid is mounted on the trailer instead of the lid so everytime you load up the trailer you have to be very careful not to drg luggage accros the opening and damage the seal, other than that it is a great trailer. I am having it wrapped on the 23rd. The shop gices a 3 year warranty on the wrap and it is less expensive than paint plus it is reversable.

Wraps are defiantly becoming the "new custom paint". AS you mention you can go back or change up in a year or so if you change equipment. Check out this fellows site. He is currently doing stuff for Victory, but he is independent and looking to expand his business. Vicwrapz

OH and the side bonus is it helps protect the surface from road debris.

What kind of prices are you getting for a wrap? The last time I had a Bushtec painted, it cost me about $600.00. I asked one shop about a wrap and was told I would be better off to have it painted. I was told by another shop, after I had it painted, that I was given bad advice and he could have wrapped it for me. My Bushtec is black and I'm thinking about just leaving it black to pull behind the gray SVTC. I sure like them to match though so may reconsider.

The Raspberry is a tri-coat paint. My brothers friend was going to paint it on the side for $600. The wrap will cost $350 unless you wanted the wrap that has the metal flake, it was $450. The metal flake is the one I got as it almost matched the bike perfect.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look into it again here locally.

That's interesting. I'm aware of advertising wraps, but never thought about wrapping instead of paint... :think: My black Legend's lid is toast. I've tried color sanding, rubbing compound, wax buffing, and nothing gets it to where it matches the rest of the trailer... Just wrapping the lid in black might be the answer.... and a lot cheaper...

Not much difference. Pretty impressive actually. I think the torque of these bikes really helps in that regard. Haven't pulled mine yet but when we are on the rode, my wife loads it pretty heavy. LOT'S OF SHOES! :). Looking forward to trying it though.

Yea I dont get the whole shoe thing. "I need a pair for this and a different for that yada" How many can ya wear @ one time? WE go on a trip I take the pair on my feet. The wife wears boots of some sort on bike @ my request, then has to have flip flops for "gas breaks" and usually another pair for when we get wherever. Geeze

Not much difference. Pretty impressive actually. I think the torque of these bikes really helps in that regard. Haven't pulled mine yet but when we are on the rode, my wife loads it pretty heavy. LOT'S OF SHOES! :). Looking forward to trying it though.

Lol! That’s funny Don! Bucfan11 inspired me, so they other day I made a 532 mile trip and picked up a Hannigan Europa trailer. I was really pleasantly surprised when I found out it has brakes installed on it! 👍. Getting prepped for our coast to coast trip this year.

B55ACB37-6D60-494C-91D2-0F099DCAC861.jpg

E09C471D-EF32-4A97-8CA9-4822BF6CDDB0.jpg

That looks fantastic. Looks to match the bike very well. I'm sure you will enjoy it. We love traveling with ours.

Thanks Don! Never owned a Hannigan before, but I’ve definitely admired them for years. This is becoming my “DREAM” set up. I was seriously looking at a Bushtec Turbo II when this one popped up on the radar.

Thanks Don! Never owned a Hannigan before, but I’ve definitely admired them for years. This is becoming my “DREAM” set up. I was seriously looking at a Bushtec Turbo II when this one popped up on the radar.

I considered a Bushtec also, I even went to their facility a took a tour. Two things stopped me. The first and the most troblesome to me was the tires/wheels. It is an odd size that can not be purchased easily, the Hannigan uses standard tires that you can buy at any Walmart along with the wheel if needed. The second issue I had was the air suspension. I have seen a couple of Bushtec's with sagging suspension that needed repair. I'll take a spring shock over air on a small trailer.

Trailers, in my opinion, are like motorcycles in that each person has a different idea of which one looks best. Some look at them as a tool to get the task done and don't care either way what it looks like. Nothing wrong with that either.

In my eyes, the Bushtec Roadstar is the best looking trailer behind the Royal Star Venture. To me, it has a "cruiser" styling that just looks killer behind the RSV and other cruiser style bikes. As for the trailer itself, I have never had any problem what so ever with the suspension, tires, wheels, etc. I think the motorcycle style wheels add to the overall look. I agree that the Bushtec tires are harder to find and probably harder to change but they are also very tough. You can run them flat for quite a few miles if you do get a puncture. The Bushtec trailers just pull like a dream and handle rough roads like nothing I've ever seen whether empty or full.

All that being said, I'm not yet sure how well it will match the lines of the Star Venture. My Star Venture is a departure from the "cruiser" styling that I love about the RSV. It's a good looking bike and the style is growing on me but I'm not sure that the Bushtec Roadstar is the best match for it. I haven't even had it behind the bike yet and I'm sure it will be fine and doubt that I'll sell and replace it but if I didn't already have a trailer, I would likely be looking at one with a more modern style with lines that better compliment the Star Venture. Maybe one of the other Bushtecs or another brand such as the Hannigan or others.

Freebird as you saw last MD I am still pulling my Bushtec Roadstar behind my Goldwing, no it is not the best match, but for the price of an aesthetically matching trailer, I will keep my paid for Roadstar, especially not that I have replaced those plastic bushings in the sway bars.

I considered a Bushtec also, I even went to their facility a took a tour. Two things stopped me. The first and the most troblesome to me was the tires/wheels. It is an odd size that can not be purchased easily, the Hannigan uses standard tires that you can buy at any Walmart along with the wheel if needed. The second issue I had was the air suspension. I have seen a couple of Bushtec's with sagging suspension that needed repair. I'll take a spring shock over air on a small trailer.

From what I understand, these use a coil over gas strut that is adjustable. Kinda the best of both worlds. I haven’t looked for myself yet, so I can’t say definitively.

• 3 weeks later...
Wrap is not as nice as a good paint job but it looks good, less expensive and reversable. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/7798a8c74705f3f2878b0b591d5c262d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/717aaeced351d2a00581910404af3482.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Looks GREAT Rob. Sharp looking rig! Can’t wait to pick up mine on Monday. I’ll get a good feel for how it tows on my

4.5 hr drive back home.

Looks GREAT Rob. Sharp looking rig! Can’t wait to pick up mine on Monday. I’ll get a good feel for how it tows on my

4.5 hr drive back home.

I suspect you'll need about 15 minutes to "get a good feel for it". I've probably got around 500 miles on mine behind the SVTC, pulls and stops it fantastic.

I suspect you'll need about 15 minutes to "get a good feel for it". I've probably got around 500 miles on mine behind the SVTC, pulls and stops it fantastic.

I imagine it tows a lot better than what I had before with a home built trailer. Besides, this one actually has brakes on it.