IGNORED

Honest Opinions About the 3rd Gen

Outside of an onboard GPS, what makes the SVTC kick the butt of the Kawasaki Voyager?

I have ridden the Voyager. I have not ridden the SVTC.

I tested a brand new voyager as well in my quest. So many things are much better, but really though I recommend you ride the SVTC yourself. The Voyager ended up at the bottom of my list, but it is much less expensive than everything else. It in my opinion, is not even in the same category as the SVTC, Goldwing, etc. So if you aren't demanding the most advanced that money can buy, dollar for dollar the Voyager does provide very good value.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

A day or two ago, I commented that if I rode more, I would have already have bought a new Venture. I also said that I might eventually end up with one anyway. Well "eventually" came sooner than I thought. I'm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.

Have never even ridden one. Oh well.

A day or two ago, I commented that if I rode more, I would have already have bought a new Venture. I also said that I might eventually end up with one anyway. Well "eventually" came sooner than I thought. I'm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.

Have never even ridden one. Oh well.

Woah! Fast color or slow color? Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, red just isn't my thing. Would have bought a black one if they had it. They probably will next year but this is most likely the last bike I will ever buy.
So faster one then, good choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I absolutely loved my 2nd gen and put 30 k on it without any issues whatsoever.Just normal wear and tear items.And almost shed some tears at the unveiling of the 3rd gen when they introduced it as an air cooled v twin.But purchased it anyway because i was simply ready for a change and loved all the goodies the bike has as well as the looks of it.I admit i love the bike but not the motor.I just dont like the power delivery as much as the v4.Yes it has more power/torque but i think the v4 is smoother and shifts smoother also.I would still pick the gen 3 over the gen2 again,but will miss my gen2 a bit.If Honda didnt screw up the 18 wing,that would have been an option.Im 99% 2 up and need all the storage possible.

I absolutely loved my 2nd gen and put 30 k on it without any issues whatsoever.Just normal wear and tear items.And almost shed some tears at the unveiling of the 3rd gen when they introduced it as an air cooled v twin.But purchased it anyway because i was simply ready for a change and loved all the goodies the bike has as well as the looks of it.I admit i love the bike but not the motor.I just dont like the power delivery as much as the v4.Yes it has more power/torque but i think the v4 is smoother and shifts smoother also.I would still pick the gen 3 over the gen2 again,but will miss my gen2 a bit.If Honda didnt screw up the 18 wing,that would have been an option.Im 99% 2 up and need all the storage possible.

I don’t think anyone who has seen or rode the new wing doesn’t believe that they didn’t go the way of “Goldwing” meant for luxury touring as their predecessors, but rather created an ST1800. I’ve sat on the 2017 model and while it is nicely apportioned, I still feel much more cramped than on the SVTC. The 2018 is significantly smaller and much more cramped. The riding position is much more upright and not a relaxed leaned back cruiser feel to it like you have on the SVTC.

• 2 months later...

I got lucky and found a SVTC with 6812 miles for $19,795 in mint condition. I was riding a 2011 Victory Vision and this bike handles VERY, VERY much like my Vision. Left the Vision because of Polaris shutting down Victory and mine had over 112K miles. Did not want to be on a trip, something fail, then have to try and find parts.

I have a Utopia backrest due here this week that should have me in the same riding position as on my Vision. Next will be lower air deflectors like I had on my Vision. Following that will be luggage rack, larger brake pedal pad, and maybe the heel/toe shifter (yes like I had on my Vision). This bike rides, looks, and is equipped like what the second generation Vision should have been. I have slowed down at age 62 and expect Red October to last me the rest of my 2 wheel riding days.

I didn't try out the new GW because it still looks like you sit with your legs to far back for me.

Rode a Kawasaki Voyager when they came out, just didn't fit me, and was hotter than the HD I had at that time.

I just don't care for how the HD Road Glide looks.

I have rode my SVTC just over a 1K miles in 2 weeks and really like it.

Bought mine in the middle of August, have over 6,000 miles on it now. Lots of things I like, however I came off of a Wing that I put 126K on. If Honda/Yamaha/Kawai/Suzuki would come out with a real touring bike that was not a V-Twin, I'd trade the SVTC in for it. After the Wing I am not a fan of the V-Twin. I don't hate it or anything, I just liked the smoothness of the flat 6 better. (especially for LD touring).

I've been looking at my nearly 30 years old 1986 VR and am wondering what new bike I would buy should it die.

I like the new Venture but I could never justify that cost as I have twin boys both starting college this year.

Besides, I could buy 10 of the first Gen's for that money and I would be on a better handling, stopping, accelerating, cooling, and looking machine.

Just my 2/100's.

I've been looking at my nearly 30 years old 1986 VR and am wondering what new bike I would buy should it die.

I like the new Venture but I could never justify that cost as I have twin boys both starting college this year.

Besides, I could buy 10 of the first Gen's for that money and I would be on a better handling, stopping, accelerating, cooling, and looking machine.

Just my 2/100's.

I bought a 2014 FJR with 11K miles for $8K. It is remines me of my 85 Venture, just faster.