IGNORED

Please help

You need the brackets. They mount in place of the helmet locks and the end bolt of the passenger grab bar. The locks then mount on tabs on the bracket. Just pulled one from my parts bike that Luv my 40 is interested in. Irony is that rest is why I bought the parts bike but it doesn't fit the MKII.

You are missing parts or that is an MK2 back rest(not sure which).

The back rest for the MK1, and it maybe the same back rest as the MK2 with different mounting hardware(again, not sure) mounts to the helmet lock tabs and the passenger grab bar mounting point. The helmet locks then are moved to mounting points on the MK1 specific mounting hardware.

I am in the process of buying an MK1 driver's back rest from another forum member. When I get it I'll have better information for you.

I see you got a Hold of Jerry[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks everyone! Good thing I hung onto my trusty sleeping bag! I guess the search for parts continues...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180619/4c6d3afacbfa69ca68fa469f0ba9ff38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you need to tweak the bracket a little! I would try clamping the part that bolts onto where the helmet lock went (use a rag to prevent scratching) and bend it just enough to change the angle. Use a big crescent wrench, or a hammer or whatever you come up with to get it to line up!

Chances are the real issue is with your crash bar, it probably got tweaked at one time or another. You could try loosening the bolts that hold it and try aligning the bracket again. How does the other side line up??

I agree with bongobobny, I'm betting your crash bar got tweaked. You could try tweaking it back or PM me I got used crash bars, heck; I got the crash bars the brackets come off of!
Do you see any reason why I couldn't pry it forward from here? It does wiggle from there but I can't really tell whether the wiggle is in the bolts the mounting places or the ends of the bars.5a4c7bd503dedaae80560e8ab9574a3e.jpg

Do you see any reason why I couldn't pry it forward from here? It does wiggle from there but I can't really tell whether the wiggle is in the bolts the mounting places or the ends of the bars.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/5a4c7bd503dedaae80560e8ab9574a3e.jpg

Yes we had so much wind last night that everything in Nebraska is standing on its side today

Investigate why the crash bar is loose first. fix that. see if it all lines up if not THEN I'd loosen the crash bar, install the back rest bracket, have all the bolts started and start tightening stuff up slowly. If it jams up you'll know. Don't strip or break anything.

Investigate why the crash bar is loose first. fix that. see if it all lines up if not THEN I'd loosen the crash bar, install the back rest bracket, have all the bolts started and start tightening stuff up slowly. If it jams up you'll know. Don't strip or break anything.
Zoom in to see the skid mark on the bar that caused it to bend backwards. It's not loose, it gives.

7edcc26e3759c6134a70a6174cf3d292.jpg

Edited by s.tyler58

Zoom in to see the skid mark on the bar that caused it to bend backwards. It's not loose, it gives.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180701/7edcc26e3759c6134a70a6174cf3d292.jpg

Most times I have installed a hitch or fender it's been a fight to line up all the bolt holes long enough to get a bolt or screw started...the crash bar may be tweaked, you'll have to look it over carefully looking for cracks in the plating, distorted, out of round, the pads the mounting bolts go through might be slightly out of their proper plane (my first suspect) from taking a hit....