IGNORED

PORK IN THE PINES comming in September

Bubber

Why just cuss he calls us snow Mexicans. I know far too many great folks and have too many cherished friends south of the border to let the comments of one person get under my skin and I believe most Canadians see it the same way. I just hope that all us everyday folk see past the politics on both sides of the border and don't start butt'n heads over it.

P/S one day I hope to make the trip from Ontario to PIP and meet more of the good folk from the land south of our border in the mean time I hope all that show up at PIP have one heck of a great time.

Not to worry Saddlebum

We know who we are and we know who our friends are, we don't do politics here. We want all our Canadian friends to come and share with us at PIP.

We too also cherish our friends North of the border. NOT TO WORRY. We want to enjoy each others company and celebrate who we are and what ever we are.

Thanks for the great wishes and I hope all that show have a great time to.

Till we meet in person Saddlebum I would be proud to call you my friend.

Everyone leave your politics at home or check them at the door. PIP is to celebrate us,our members and our chosen MC life style.

All other need not come to spoil that.

PS Saddlebum. It will be a very sad day in deed when our Canadian friends don't feel welcome at PIP. That will never happen on my watch!

Bubber

aka Steve

Ya, just didn't work out this year.

Again, we wish all a great rally.

And...

If your around Grand Beach in Manitoba on Sept. 1st, you should check out the patio entertainment at the Sand Bar Motor Inn.

I think the harp player is pretty good.

All the best,

T and T

I could be wrong but I think we met a couple times at Freebirds MD or one of the internationals maybe Galena.

Never been to Freebirds, although it is on my "to-do -list" for next year. Never been to Galena either.

Did go to the gathering in Wyoming, Cody I think.

All our friends north of the boarder are always welcome when and where ever we gather.

Even Bongobob, even though technically he is on this side of the boarder. LOL

Drive safe and God bless

Steve

aka Bubber

Well folks since leaving PIP I headed west into uncharted land call North Dakota, it is a beautiful state with wide open spaces, just meandered along till I got to Devils Lake where my brakes on the Ford decided to take a dump, $300 later I was back on the road. All is good now.

Had a great time at PIP met two great guys who I hope return again and again. we literally ate high off the hog. since we had a smaller crowd we cooked up the back strap (loin). It was fantastic thanks to some help from Bill.

well I am now in Medora ND, had pitchfork steak fondue tonight and then they had a ampha theater with a show.

I am working my way to Denver sometime around the 25th, until then I am taking a walk about for the next 15 or so days.

Till I return, ride safe and enjoy.

God bless

Bubber

Edited by Bubber

• 1 month later...

MY last update I promise.

I just got back (10-1-18) from traveling the west with the Scamp camper I bought. We have a pig roast every year on Labor Day and from there I headed west. Got to Devils Lake ND and guess what no front brakes, Sound familiar? Got them fixed the next day and was on my way, $300 poorer. traveled out through Montana stopping where ever I wanted and say what I thought would be interesting. Went to where Custer got his ass handed to him by the Indians. Met two Aussies that were traveling the US. I had a great time BSing with them. They invited me to visit them in Brisbane Australia. I may do that in the Spring.

Finally made it to Yellowstone National Park. It was 34 degree that night. I then carried on to Cody WY where I stayed a couple of days. Went to the Buffalo Bill Museum which really takes two days.I really like that town, only thing is that every time you turn around there is a fee for something.But that was true during the whole trip.

Got a call from daughter in Denver and I high tailed it to here a few days early. She headed out of town on business and I dog sat her boarder collie. I had a great time being with her. She is so much got it together then when she was a teenager. She makes me so proud..

I finally had to leave last Sunday so I got up about 7am and headed out. I know driving across Nebraska is boring but it is very long too.

Finally got to Iowa about 6:30 PM and wasn't tired so I just kept moving. got to Des Moine and still wasn't tired so I headed North to St.Paul. well I got home about 1 AM Monday morning. total of driving 19 hours, then I was finally tired and slept 12 hours.

I was gone the whole month of Sept and I loved it.

I dug up dinosaurs in Thermopolis WY. went to the dig site with a guide I just happened to be the only one on the tour so I got an up close and personal tour of the site.

Yellowstone was magnificent, It is just such a treasure for all Americans. You just have to see it to really appreciate it. Most wild place I could ever imagine.

I got lots of pictures, on thing I haven't been good at in the past. But this time I took a bunch of pictures.

I am just back in the recovering mode this week.

Oh ya, Now I am having the rear brakes fixed on the truck. while I was in Denver I went to a place called Brakes Plus and they told me that the rear brakes were gone. which I figured they were on their way out. then he comes back and says that the brakes, (rotors, calipers, shoes, axle seals, brake lines need to be flushed, rear end oil needs to be removed and replaced...... on and on and on). they told me it was going to be $1400.00. I drove the truck back to MN like that and my neighbor who is a Chevy Mechanic (he has a lift and shop in his garage) is fixing it. not sure what the bill is yet but is sure the hell less than $1400.00. Bill turned out to be $364. I tipped him $20 to get a case of beer.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

All in all I had a great time and met some great people along the way. Ain't that the way it is supposed to be?????

MY last update I promise.

I just got back (10-1-18) from traveling the west with the Scamp camper I bought. We have a pig roast every year on Labor Day and from there I headed west. Got to Devils Lake ND and guess what no front brakes, Sound familiar? Got them fixed the next day and was on my way, $300 poorer. traveled out through Montana stopping where ever I wanted and say what I thought would be interesting. Went to where Custer got his ass handed to him by the Indians. Met two Aussies that were traveling the US. I had a great time BSing with them. They invited me to visit them in Brisbane Australia. I may do that in the Spring.

Finally made it to Yellowstone National Park. It was 34 degree that night. I then carried on to Cody WY where I stayed a couple of days. Went to the Buffalo Bill Museum which really takes two days.I really like that town, only thing is that every time you turn around there is a fee for something.But that was true during the whole trip.

Got a call from daughter in Denver and I high tailed it to here a few days early. She headed out of town on business and I dog sat her boarder collie. I had a great time being with her. She is so much got it together then when she was a teenager. She makes me so proud..

I finally had to leave last Sunday so I got up about 7am and headed out. I know driving across Nebraska is boring but it is very long too.

Finally got to Iowa about 6:30 PM and wasn't tired so I just kept moving. got to Des Moine and still wasn't tired so I headed North to St.Paul. well I got home about 1 AM Monday morning. total of driving 19 hours, then I was finally tired and slept 12 hours.

I was gone the whole month of Sept and I loved it.

I dug up dinosaurs in Thermopolis WY. went to the dig site with a guide I just happened to be the only one on the tour so I got an up close and personal tour of the site.

Yellowstone was magnificent, It is just such a treasure for all Americans. You just have to see it to really appreciate it. Most wild place I could ever imagine.

I got lots of pictures, on thing I haven't been good at in the past. But this time I took a bunch of pictures.

I am just back in the recovering mode this week.

Oh ya, Now I am having the rear brakes fixed on the truck. while I was in Denver I went to a place called Brakes Plus and they told me that the rear brakes were gone. which I figured they were on their way out. then he comes back and says that the brakes, (rotors, calipers, shoes, axle seals, brake lines need to be flushed, rear end oil needs to be removed and replaced...... on and on and on). they told me it was going to be $1400.00. I drove the truck back to MN like that and my neighbor who is a Chevy Mechanic (he has a lift and shop in his garage) is fixing it. not sure what the bill is yet but is sure the hell less than $1400.00. Bill turned out to be $364. I tipped him $20 to get a case of beer.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

All in all I had a great time and met some great people along the way. Ain't that the way it is supposed to be?????

here are a couple.

a few more

OUTSTANDING @Bubber and THANK YOU for the ride along brother = WITH :photographing: NO LESS!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool:

IMHO,, this story deserves it's own thread!!!!:missingtooth: