I have a noise suppressor thingy off an old kenwood deck I took off the bike. Will that do ?

Ben,

I dont think so, this is one that hooks into the factory wiring harness, but thank you for offering, I really appreciate it :happy34:

I have a spare in my parts bucket. Factory originsl and tested on Mocha. Small block with a plug that bolts to the upper forward area of the inner left fairing. It is just 2 capacitors that go across the positive leads. You can jump the radio plug and take it out of the circuit. There are 2 positive leads. One for the radio memory that is hot all the time. The other is switched. If you want to test the radio I can dig out diagrams and tell you which wires to jump. Or you can PM your address and I will mail you my spare.

JB

I have a spare in my parts bucket. Factory originsl and tested on Mocha. Small block with a plug that bolts to the upper forward area of the inner left fairing. It is just 2 capacitors that go across the positive leads. You can jump the radio plug and take it out of the circuit. There are 2 positive leads. One for the radio memory that is hot all the time. The other is switched. If you want to test the radio I can dig out diagrams and tell you which wires to jump. Or you can PM your address and I will mail you my spare.

JB

I would like to see those diagrams. When I check out my setup I look for what may constitute a noise suppressor but have difficulties seeing anything but wires and a connector. I really think they are pulling my leg by stating in the manual that there is a noise suppressor in that lineup somewhere.

Here are the 2 diagrams. In the schematic it is item 77. It is a set of capacitors. The plug from the radio harness is where you can jump. The R/L wire goes to the R/B wire and the R/Br goes to the R. Ground is immaterial for the jump. One set of wires id constantly hot for radio memory and the other set is switched. You will power the radio but I cannot say how much noise the supressor blocks. In the pictorial the item is #15 just to the upper left of the cassette. I am replacing the factory supressor with a different set. A bit karger and they have both a choke coil and a capacitor. I am getting ignition noise through my CB side. So I figured to replace the radio side as well. How long can a capacitor continue to function? These are over 20 years old. And if you think about it an ignition condensor is in essence the same thing and they DO go bad. Visually you are looking for a black box about 1" by 2" with a couple green speed nuts on mounting flanges. It has a bout a 6" pigtail with a 5-6 wire connector on it. Mounted in the front of the inner fairing and you have to remove the speaker grill trim to access the attaching screws.

JB

Marcarl,

If you pull the radio/cassette unit out of the LH side you will see the supressor mounted forward of the cassette.

JB, what type of caps are you using? Will you let us know about their effectiveness?

Jeremy