IGNORED

This has been one heck of a nail biter and crazy ride folks...getting my bike!

+1

Seems like every time i stop at a place with a bunch Harley's around, i need to plan for 5 or 10 minutes answering questions about the bike.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My wife told me...that I had better have some brochures ready, 'cause she isn't going to stand around...to have me explain every gizmo and feature, every time we come out of a restaurant, hotel, or while fueling up. She was serious!, lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife told me...that I had better have some brochures ready, 'cause she isn't going to stand around...to have me explain every gizmo and feature, every time we come out of a restaurant, hotel, or while fueling up. She was serious!, lol

Maybe Yamaha will give us a dollar for every brochure we hand out plus commission on any sales?

Maybe Yamaha will give us a dollar for every brochure we hand out plus commission on any sales?

I hear ya Daniel! I was at the dealership yesterday getting some service work done and spent 45 minutes talking to a guy who was sitting in a grey SVTC on the showroom floor. I answered all his questions about functions and stuff & he flat out wants one now. He was there getting a new tire on his bike.

I hear ya Daniel! I was at the dealership yesterday getting some service work done and spent 45 minutes talking to a guy who was sitting in a grey SVTC on the showroom floor. I answered all his questions about functions and stuff & he flat out wants one now. He was there getting a new tire on his bike.

My dealer only has one Eluder left he has sold all his Star Venture Transcontinental's.

I bought his last one, they are waiting for more from Yamaha.

My dealer only has one Eluder left he has sold all his Star Venture Transcontinental's.

I bought his last one, they are waiting for more from Yamaha.

The only reason they have one is that it’s a “display model”. They can sell it, but Yam says they won’t get another one. If people want one they can order it for them. That seems strange too. I found out that not all dealerships can sell them off the showroom floor. Apparently (stupid IMHO) Yam selected dealerships who can sell showroom floor and others who can display but have to place orders. Are they trying to shoot themselves in the foot with this marketing foolishness or what?

What's going to be real bad...in Canada...is as we get out there, this summer...and spend time on talking points, some of those, will want one...and then go to their local Yama Mama dealer...and get turned right off...and quickly, for being told, WE HAVE NONE TO SELL TO YOU!

The only reason they have one is that it’s a “display model”. They can sell it, but Yam says they won’t get another one. If people want one they can order it for them. That seems strange too. I found out that not all dealerships can sell them off the showroom floor. Apparently (stupid IMHO) Yam selected dealerships who can sell showroom floor and others who can display but have to place orders. Are they trying to shoot themselves in the foot with this marketing foolishness or what?

This one is for sale it is not a display only model.

This is not a large dealer, while it is in a former Buick dealership building they don't stock that many bikes so they will never have 10 of these bikes waiting to be sold.

They have sold four so far with mine being the forth one.

What's going to be real bad...in Canada...is as we get out there, this summer...and spend time on talking points, some of those, will want one...and then go to their local Yama Mama dealer...and get turned right off...and quickly, for being told, WE HAVE NONE TO SELL TO YOU!

Well, apparently the response to the SVTC has FAR exceeded Yamaha's wildest expectations. They hadn't dreamed of this kind of response so now they're in a real pickle. I think they had focused on stocking larger dealerships & just a demo or display at the smaller ones. Problem is that they sold like hot cakes and the smaller dealerships are cussing out Yam because of lost sales.

Wonder how they're going to deal with the roll out and marketing on the 2019? Wonder what changes they'll make to the bike itself?

This one is for sale it is not a display only model.

This is not a large dealer, while it is in a former Buick dealership building they don't stock that many bikes so they will never have 10 of these bikes waiting to be sold.

They have sold four so far with mine being the forth one.

I've heard of this..at any dealership, any brand...if there is one on the floor, it can be sold, at least as far as I know, in Ontario. Imagine someone coming in on a Thursday...seeing an SVTC...wanting to buy it and ride away on Friday morning, to have if for the weekend...and be told..this bike can't be sold, for display purposes only. I'd go nuts... ;(

Well, apparently the response to the SVTC has FAR exceeded Yamaha's wildest expectations. They hadn't dreamed of this kind of response so now they're in a real pickle. I think they had focused on stocking larger dealerships & just a demo or display at the smaller ones. Problem is that they sold like hot cakes and the smaller dealerships are cussing out Yam because of lost sales.

Wonder how they're going to deal with the roll out and marketing on the 2019? Wonder what changes they'll make to the bike itself?

I don't think there is going to be a feature change...they will take a page out of the Gold Wing play book...nothing but two new colors. That was the deal for years with the Wings...

I mean, what more can you add to this bike? Honestly? What feature,does the 2018 not have? LOL It will take me a month to go through the 3 billion pages of the Infotainment Manual...

I just think colors..

I don't think there is going to be a feature change...they will take a page out of the Gold Wing play book...nothing but two new colors. That was the deal for years with the Wings...

I mean, what more can you add to this bike? Honestly? What feature,does the 2018 not have? LOL It will take me a month to go through the 3 billion pages of the Infotainment Manual...

I just think colors..

Cooling fans, backup camera, air conditioning, gear indication at stop....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamahaparexellence I believe you may need to take the red beast back... It seems ticohey only gave you half a bike :Avatars_Gee_George:.. Have fun :clap2:

I got me a sneakin hunch that the last thing on Yamsters mind when he took that picture was whether or not his camera was zoomed in and cutting Charlottes pic in half.. Personally,,, I'm thankful he even contacted us and made a post.. I sort of expected to not hear from him again until he had crossed over the border headed in Mexico and even then,, only to see if any of us knew how to say "THIS THING ROCKS" in Spanish.. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

I got me a sneakin hunch that the last thing on Yamsters mind when he took that picture was whether or not his camera was zoomed in and cutting Charlottes pic in half.. Personally,,, I'm thankful he even contacted us and made a post.. I sort of expected to not hear from him again until he had crossed over the border headed in Mexico and even then,, only to see if any of us knew how to say "THIS THING ROCKS" in Spanish.. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:
I know how to say something in Spanish that means bye bye um yeah. A little colorful to say the least. Man I miss working at the chicken plant.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Yamahaparexellence I believe you may need to take the red beast back... It seems they only gave you half a bike :Avatars_Gee_George:.. Have fun :clap2:

LOLOLOLOLOL! I needed that...having trouble with getting software downloads to her. Don't have Navigation as the Yamaha Toolbox software doesn't detect my USB drive...I have an older version or the Infotainment System...but I can't download the latest 12.0.5 What a PITA!

I have paint swirl crop circles from too coarse a sanding grit from their factory paint shop...that I hope can get masked by my first coat of wax and sealer. My dealer knows about that...but you'd think that the most expensive bike they produce, would have better quality control on such things as paint and finish.

Great bike riding...mechancially, but at least on my bike...a very poor paint quality issue. Frankly, I'm shocked. Yamaha The Great...apparently they aren't...or at least, any more.

:(

I'll work it out, one way or another...it only shows up in intense direct sunlight...but again that is before perhaps wax and sealer will 'fill' the whatever's...and they then become invisible even in direct sunlight.

Like I always typed, Puc...I'm honest in the good, the bad, or (hi Clint!) the ugly.

LOVE the bike...rides like a dream, SOUNDS like a dream...having a blast. It's the paint, that I have documented. If you look at the pic...the paint doesn't look bad at all..and the defects only show up, when looking down upon the finish in some spots, not the entire bike's painted surface, but in direct and bright sunlight. I shouldn't need wax or sealant to make a bike 'look' like it just came out of the factory shipping crate...and sadly, it did...and I feel right now, that my 2008 Goldwing had a much, much better quality paint applied to the tupperware, than Yamaha has put out in 2018. I do know that others having bought Honda's 2018 Gold Wing's, are also reporting paint defects upon delivery. So...I don't know what is going on for 2018 with Japanese factory output.

By hook or crook, my bike will be attended to...but too bad that I just can't say WOW WOW WOW on every detail. On the engine...WOW...on the Ride....WOW...on the fun factor...WOW, WOW...but thumb's down on the paint and finish. They dropped the ball at the factory on this one. Other's here are also reporting defects of one thing or another with the paint. Nobody is boo-hooing about the rest of the bike. Neither am I...even though a 'young' owner right now. The paint quality will be fixed...so that is only a minor annoyance. If it were mechanical, or the ride sucked...then that would be another matter. That..thank goodness, is no matter at all....:) I intend to take some 360's...after I wash and wax, and get some nice weather to ride by a lake. The bike looks great, if not viewed top down, in open sunlight. This picture is certainly about what it looks like under any other condition, so not a shipwreck. I just expected much better factory finish and output...expecially on their flag ship. BTW, I highly recommend (I know they are expensive...) the lower mid-section of the cockpit wind deflectors/collectors. Puc..WOW..do they act like a 'Twin 60' air conditioner system. They bring in much more air...probably 80 % more than the higher stock deflector/collector. This would be my first add-on...expecially in how they will cool the riders and directly put forced airflow over the engine in motion.

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

LOLOLOLOLOL! I needed that...having trouble with getting software downloads to her. Don't have Navigation as the Yamaha Toolbox software doesn't detect my USB drive...I have an older version or the Infotainment System...but I can't download the latest 12.0.5 What a PITA!

I have paint swirl crop circles from too coarse a sanding grit from their factory paint shop...that I hope can get masked by my first coat of wax and sealer. My dealer knows about that...but you'd think that the most expensive bike they produce, would have better quality control on such things as paint and finish.

Great bike riding...mechancially, but at least on my bike...a very poor paint quality issue. Frankly, I'm shocked. Yamaha The Great...apparently they aren't...or at least, any more.

:(

I'll work it out, one way or another...it only shows up in intense direct sunlight...but again that is before perhaps wax and sealer will 'fill' the whatever's...and they then become invisible even in direct sunlight.

I had a heck of a time getting the Yamaha Toolbox software to recognize my USB drive also. It took me at least a half a dozen times of formatting, getting the thumbprint from the bike, try the software, formatting, getting the thumbprint from the bike, try the software, formatting, etc. before it finally worked. Very frustrating...

Well, apparently the response to the SVTC has FAR exceeded Yamaha's wildest expectations. They hadn't dreamed of this kind of response so now they're in a real pickle. I think they had focused on stocking larger dealerships & just a demo or display at the smaller ones. Problem is that they sold like hot cakes and the smaller dealerships are cussing out Yam because of lost sales. Wonder how they're going to deal with the roll out and marketing on the 2019? Wonder what changes they'll make to the bike itself?
One could enterpret this as an indication that twin buyers are ready for change. Maybe well see at some point how many buyers are upgrading from HD. From what I can see a buttload of them already moved to Polaris or BMW. Would be interesting to see how this less available model fits into the grand scheme, and how they adjust production to meet future demand. Ill bet we dont see any major changes for at least three years, nothing beyond revamping issues typical of new models. I have to admit the looks are growing on me. I predict a diet/light version, they may be able to hook buyers that want a better twin and wind protection without the added expense, weight and complexity of infotainment, park asst, auto leveling etc. Im not a potential buyer but I am intrigued.

I had a heck of a time getting the Yamaha Toolbox software to recognize my USB drive also. It took me at least a half a dozen times of formatting, getting the thumbprint from the bike, try the software, formatting, getting the thumbprint from the bike, try the software, formatting, etc. before it finally worked. Very frustrating...

I'm in contact with someone from Yamaha about this. My W10 finds the USB instantly and I can see all the files transferred from the SVTC. It is the latest version of the Yamaha Toobox that repeatedly states, No Device Detected. So...no Nav...no joy. I hope they release a fix for their software. BTW, for your successful reading of the USB with Toobox..what format protocol do you have on it? exFAT, FAT32, or NTSF? the SVTC didn't recognize exFAT...kept saying Check USB Memory. Love how all these systems play so nice together! NOT! :(

How big is the upgrade file? If it is 3GB or less... format using FAT32. I don't have an SVTC but FAT32 would be the "old format" that would be most recognizable. Maybe it has to be loaded from a cassette? (2nd Gen humour)

How big is the upgrade file? If it is 3GB or less... format using FAT32. I don't have an SVTC but FAT32 would be the "old format" that would be most recognizable. Maybe it has to be loaded from a cassette? (2nd Gen humour)

Yamaha said that it is a bug in their Toolbox software. They are 'looking into it' I'm not the only one where their P.O.S. Toolbox can't find the USB stick with the fingerprint from your bike. W10 picked it up...so it would be available to a piece of software that was properly written....Go Yamaha!

Yamaha said that it is a bug in their Toolbox software. They are 'looking into it' I'm not the only one where their P.O.S. Toolbox can't find the USB stick with the fingerprint from your bike. W10 picked it up...so it would be available to a piece of software that was properly written....Go Yamaha!

If you click on my video below of our comparison between our tired old 1st Gen with its pocket sized MP3 player compared to the new on board Info System (start at two minutes in) you may notice that there were some teething issues happening way back then (I actually mentioned to them that it might be a little soon for a release and later learned that production had been halted for a short time while Mom Yam worked out unspecified problems).

Of course,, being the one of the more cocky :witch_brew: ol geezer touring bike rider wannabe types who still has not quite come to appreciate all these modern day electronic gizmo's on motorcycles these days I also could not refrain from quoting Scotties (odd,,, Scotty and I share the same name :scratchchin:) famous lines (vid 2 below) to those Yamaha factory folks at the Rally :hihi:

If you click on my video below of our comparison between our tired old 1st Gen with its pocket sized MP3 player compared to the new on board Info System (start at two minutes in) you may notice that there were some teething issues happening way back then (I actually mentioned to them that it might be a little soon for a release and later learned that production had been halted for a short time while Mom Yam worked out unspecified problems).

Of course,, being the one of the more cocky :witch_brew: ol geezer touring bike rider wannabe types who still has not quite come to appreciate all these modern day electronic gizmo's on motorcycles these days I also could not refrain from quoting Scotties (odd,,, Scotty and I share the same name :scratchchin:) famous lines (vid 2 below) to those Yamaha factory folks at the Rally :hihi:

Right! Puc...this is so frustrating...why oh why would not Yamaha have a working Navigation System on their bikes, RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY....and not have to make the owner jump through hoops. My 2008 Wing...had a working Nav System, right on the showroom floor! This really sucks. I've tried ten ways to Sunday, to make the *^))##) Yamaha Toolbox software see my USB stick with my SVTC Finger Print. Reformatted, slow format, fast format FAT32, exFAT32...nothing will make that program 'see' the USB drive. Yamaha knows about it...and who knows how many SVTC owners they are going to p*ss off and alienate before they release a patched, WORKING Toolbox...that runs with W10. This is crazy...I want to go somewhere in one week...I have a $35,000.00 motorcycle with no installed Navigation System...and by means of their requirements, I can't even install it, with their P.O.S. current release software. Trust me, I'm no Forum 'shill' Yamaha secret operative. I am one very frustrated owner...that wants all advertised systems to be operational.

Yamaha made this a PITA for the owner...plain and simple.