IGNORED

Stator? Clanky grindy starter Not sure what it is going on

When I took a look I seen cracks on this side of the clutch in the rotor, I did not have to apply any heat and all three bolts where in tight!! But this has been a fun adventure and you guys followed me thru it, Special thanks to the fool, Dano, Carl and Cowpuc and of course the BOSS fits in there somewhere I am sure because without this site I would probably be out yet another grand or so. Tell you that $12.00 a year is cheap technical support. The tie strap worked good holding her back from putting holes in my Garage wall. After pulling the clutch from the rotor, the cracks were more pronounced. Also when the rotor came off the crank all of the pieces except for one came out of there prospective homes. 1b18c8a07c74c690838fd9f2af6679da.jpg3848fbf766d5d82b2fef231ac94ea426.jpgb5e4904c2272cf4265f38cb7b89f3802.jpg

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Edited by snyper316

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using voice to text right now so I'm going to have to come back and edit this later but there is a few cracks in there but all the little springs and little push rod thingies and I guess the engage bearings or whatever they are all came out of this clutch when I pulled it off put got the flywheel come off

Yep,, It's Dano time!!!
Well I was thinking same thing but right now may have to stay stock unless I get 5 digits for my tahoe highly unlikely tho... With the mileage and kids my blue book is 6500 to 7200

Those cracks are right where they all break. @Dano is a bit more but you will not have to do this ever again. All the parts to do it stock add up to close to $200 anyhow. I do not know what Dano is getting these days.

If you look at the surface of the 72 tooth gear (It is still on the crank in your pics) that the clutch pawls grab, I bet it looks like a washboard.....

Those cracks are right where they all break. Dano is a bit more but you will not have to do this ever again. All the parts to do it stock add up to close to $200 anyhow. I do not know what Dano is getting these days.

If you look at the surface of the 72 tooth gear (It is still on the crank in your pics) that the clutch pawls grab, I bet it looks like a washboard.....

It seemed smooth to me. Danos is fare price. I am thinking a project when winter comes back. I don't like doing a job twice but sometimes you have too. Plus I have to replace Stator and find out why my cooling kit still did that to stator in 3 yrs

Edited by snyper316

Yea...I looked my shift shaft over but couldn't figure out how to get to that thing. Anyone have any ideas for snyper316 and I?

But I'm also going to attack the stator wires anyway...when I get back down. Brought the RSV home to work on her for a few days. Then I'll bring the VR back down and go back to work on her.

I Know this looks just as fun as what i just got done doing!! But stumbled upon this last night because I thought well I could do something else, I guess I should tell you I just went to bed.:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?17520-That-nasty-oil-leak

It seems to me that someone several years ago mentioned opening up the hole just a tad to let more oil through...
That is kind of how I found my answer to the shaft oil leak I know I seen that somewhere...

I have found 2 different things on ebay the first one is the RMSTATOR, Fair price it seems and also a year warranty same as ricks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stator-For-Yamaha-OEM-Repl-26H-81410-11-00-26H-81410-12-00-3JJ-81410-00-00/352263768168?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D58ae6f1bdd9e4167b89fdcf4039c6628%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D281840790034%26itm%3D352263768168&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Then here is a starter clutch that is supposed to have lifetime warranty on it. I am willing to bite to see how well it holds up. Also another question does Ricks stators come with the pick up coils, everyone down here says stators normally come with the pick up coils.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Starter-Clutch-Yamaha-VMAX-XVZ-1200-1300-VMX12-Venture-Royale-Vision/381316412272?epid=1091145104&hash=item58c83ab370:g:-~gAAOSw~gRVlgNn