IGNORED

Diet Pop??

Yammer Dan

Coffee and going to be a water day!!
Seems to me most soda pop contains caffeine so drinking more coffee should help out with your caffeine addiction. Of course, the way some people like their coffee is almost like a dessert. I drink coffee all day, probably 12 or more cups, but it's black with a scant half teaspoon of sugar so not a lot of calories.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me most soda pop contains caffeine so drinking more coffee should help out with your caffeine addiction. Of course, the way some people like their coffee is almost like a dessert. I drink coffee all day, probably 12 or more cups, but it's black with a scant half teaspoon of sugar so not a lot of calories.

This could help. I've thought of this one because I was at one time a 10 to 20 cup a day drinker. I cut it to one after a experience with hospital coffee. I don't want the coffee anymore but it could be the easier way out. Grab a cup instead of heading to the fridge.

I drink coffee all day, probably 12 or more cups, but it's black with a scant half teaspoon of sugar so not a lot of calories.
Just to be clear, 12 cups with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar works out to 6 teaspoons of sugar which just happens to be the recommended limit for a person on a 2000 calorie diet. That is a bit of a concern since there is no way to get totally away from the sugar that comes naturally in food. Most processed food has gobs of sugar added which makes it even more difficult. For example, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup has 28 g of sugar which adds up to 7 teaspoons of the stuff.

Just to be clear, 12 cups with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar works out to 6 teaspoons of sugar which just happens to be the recommended limit for a person on a 2000 calorie diet. That is a bit of a concern since there is no way to get totally away from the sugar that comes naturally in food. Most processed food has gobs of sugar added which makes it even more difficult. For example, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup has 28 g of sugar which adds up to 7 teaspoons of the stuff.
I went to Dr yesterday for my blood sugar this is part of my problem is sugars in everything... Now I have another challenge she didn't like my blood pressure so now its now no salt[emoji33][emoji44]so many things have sodium, natural sugars, added sugar and carbo-hydrates. Its really hard to know what you can and can't eat!!! She asked if I'd be interested in dietician and something else but I'm like heck yes!! I would love to see 140 again but will settle under 200. Then yesterday I was working on the kids bikes and was carrying a crate with my nerf gun and some Allen wrenches and screw driver set and got down to the sidewalk and down I went I felt something pop and went down hard!! So far they say it isn't broke but told me to edge on the side of caution that it could be broke still that ankle fractures sometimes hide on xrays. So hopefully it isn't but I tell ya it hurts and put a damper on me riding bikes with the kids today .. So I settled for a salad and unsalted peanuts for dinner.. Had tuna salad sandwich for lunch with black coffee. But still using store bought 100% whole wheat. Summer coming and I will be swimming with the fishes at the creek... 1 yr as of today I have been smoke free[emoji4]!!

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

I went to Dr yesterday for my blood sugar this is part of my problem is sugars in everything... Now I have another challenge she didn't like my blood pressure so now its now no salt[emoji33][emoji44]so many things have sodium, natural sugars, added sugar and carbo-hydrates. Its really hard to know what you can and can't eat!!!

So I settled for a salad and unsalted peanuts for dinner.. Had tuna salad sandwich for lunch with black coffee. But still using store bought 100% whole wheat. Summer coming and I will be swimming with the fishes at the creek... 1 yr as of today I have been smoke free[emoji4]!!

Yes, I know what you mean. My BP was good for the past 5 years or so and then about 4 or 5 months ago I went to my Dr and she said my BP was up too and that I should monitor it at least every 3 or 4 days. I got an automatic BP Monitor on Amazon for not very much. Also thought about any recentish changes to my diet. The only thing that came up was that I had been eating Dempster's Whole Wheat Tortillas for a quick lunch or bedtime snack. The filling was just what I might normally eat anyway but they have a lot of salt in them. Stopped eating them and BP went down to where it was previously.

I haven't salted anything I cook for about 10 years but there is lots of salt in all processed food so it's still easy to over do the sodium. Salad is a good choice that gets trashed if you put a commercial dressing on it. Full of salt and sugar. Best thing to do is read the ingredient label and decide whether whatever you are buying has too much bad stuff and put it on your no-go list.

A registered nutritionist is a good and a convenient idea. I never went there and spent a lot of time researching and became my own DIY nutritionist. There is a lot to learn and unfortunately, a lot of BS on the Internet about what to eat and what not to eat.

Salad is a good choice that gets trashed if you put a commercial dressing on it. Full of salt and sugar. Best thing to do is read the label .

Yes indeed I had to stop using Catalina and French. Ranch and another is a good thing. Also I do still use thousand island as something different. I guess I can live with the new Dr for now.. She kinda cute and young or appears it. Still there is some things that were easier to talk to male Doc about that you might squirm talking to female Dr about.. But its all good last I seen this Dr I wasn't really looking because I didn't know how sick mine was..

Ride like your invisible, not invincible. Never ride faster then your angle can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face, ride to live and live to ride.

Yes indeed I had to stop using Catalina and French. Ranch and another is a good thing. Also I do still use thousand island as something different.
I suggest you don't ever buy off the shelf dressing because it is so easy to make your own. Here is a recipe for Thousand Island dressing and then here is how to make your own mayonnaise.

1 cup olive oil

1 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp lemon juice

1 egg straight from the fridge

Mix all ingredients except egg in a 1 pint mason jar.

Add egg and let it sink to the bottom.

Place a stick blender over the egg and turn it on high. In about a minute you will have a pint of perfect healthy mayonnaise.

I don't use EVOO for this just the regular Kirkland olive oil.

Easy peasy.

I suggest you don't ever buy off the shelf dressing because it is so easy to make your own. Here is a recipe for Thousand Island dressing and then here is how to make your own mayonnaise.

1 cup olive oil

1 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp lemon juice

1 egg straight from the fridge

Mix all ingredients except egg in a 1 pint mason jar.

Add egg and let it sink to the bottom.

Place a stick blender over the egg and turn it on high. In about a minute you will have a pint of perfect healthy mayonnaise.

I don't use EVOO for this just the regular Kirkland olive oil.

Easy peasy.

Ok question are you a cook or something? Or do you just love to make stuff?

Ride like your invisible, not invincible. Never ride faster then your angle can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face, ride to live and live to ride.

Got docs apt on Sunday for stupid sleep study. Might just sneak in a extra gym day!!
Those aren't stupid I won't go into detail but evidently I stopped breathing enuff to be put on bipap before midnight..

Ok question are you a cook or something? Or do you just love to make stuff?
Not a professional cook but I've been cooking since first grade and I like making things. About 20 years ago I decided to start cleaning up my eating habits. More of an evolution than a revolution, just began substituting food that had less refined carbs and more fiber. After learning about the importance of reading the ingredient and nutrition info on packaging I gravitated to making more of the basic things that I might otherwise buy because I could leave out the bad stuff that is put into much of it.

I occasionally like to use mayo but sometimes a jar of Kraft Mayo would be in the fridge for 6 or 8 months and never go bad. There has gotta be something odd there. The mayo recipe is one I found a few years ago. It's so easy, adaptable and healthy that why not make it instead of eating the unknown chemical concoction that the stores sell. Add some garlic and hot sauce and you have a delicious aioli. It's really quite adaptable, by adding some basil you get a pesto flavour.

It's a journey. :)

One thing about making your own stuff is you control exactly what goes in. You can skip fillers and preservatives, another is it is usially cheaper and quality is better. Love me a good recipe!
Exactly, there is so much misleading BS involved in food packaging. There is added sugar in almost everything and enough salt to pickle your heart. Just to make the reading of labels more challenging, there must be at least 15 different terms for sugar. Nutella, for example, is slightly more than 50% sugar. No wonder it is so popular. There is almost a half teaspoon of sugar in a tablespoon of big brand peanut butter. And on it goes....

Exactly, there is so much misleading BS involved in food packaging. There is added sugar in almost everything and enough salt to pickle your heart. Just to make the reading of labels more challenging, there must be at least 15 different terms for sugar. Nutella, for example, is slightly more than 50% sugar. No wonder it is so popular. There is almost a half teaspoon of sugar in a tablespoon of big brand peanut butter. And on it goes....
Nutella got in trouble for being misleading then there was that muscle milks that had class action lawsuit for being misleading. I told my doc that this is gonna be fun trying to find anything without sugar or salt. I pretty much need a garden but have no real room for one. Dang I miss my small towns and country living....

I pretty much need a garden but have no real room for one. Dang I miss my small towns and country living....
Just cook your own food using fresh veggies you have bought and an informed choice of spices, sauces and condiments. Growing your own is way too much work unless you happen to like gardening. The primary problem with pre-prepared foods is the extra salt, sugar and unhealthy chemical preservatives. Going totally organic is probably the most healthy but is, in my opinion, a bridge too far however there are valid arguments to go there.

But are you doing any kind of cardio work? All the muscles in the world are useless if you can't feed them enough oxygen to keep going.

Go jump in the river and swim to the bridge and back. Then you will know that your cardio is working. Swimming is both good cardio and something that even your bum leg can do.

But are you doing any kind of cardio work? All the muscles in the world are useless if you can't feed them enough oxygen to keep going.

Go jump in the river and swim to the bridge and back. Then you will know that your cardio is working. Swimming is both good cardio and something that even your bum leg can do.

And if you don't make it back to the river bank?

You are 100 per cent right Jeff. I used to swim a lot but have just about quit. And I live right on a river that is still in great shape for swimming!! But its better than a mile to that bridge....:Avatars_Gee_George: RandyR may have a point there.....:think::backinmyday:

I did not realize it was that far, I would have guessed about a half mile. I measured it at 1.35 miles. I guess you better swim close to shore.

That is at least a good warmup at the beginning of the workout. WAY back when I was on a swim team we used to do a 1 mile warmup session and then we started the workouts. Right now I would be fish food before I went a mile.

I did not realize it was that far, I would have guessed about a half mile. I measured it at 1.35 miles. I guess you better swim close to shore.

That is at least a good warmup at the beginning of the workout. WAY back when I was on a swim team we used to do a 1 mile warmup session and then we started the workouts. Right now I would be fish food before I went a mile.

In 1967 I ran a mile in 4 min 30 & 8/10 seconds........ now 4 hrs & 30 min!!

AIN'T Swimming with NO GATERS!!!!