IGNORED

Two new members to the family

Condor

No I didn't buy a couple more Ventures... :-) Have way more than I need now....

Picked up these beauty's in a local auction about 2 miles from the house.

It was a mericle they were so close.

The first one is a Ruger s/s Vaquero in 44-40, and the second is a Ruger Blackhawk combo in 32-20/32 H&R mag.

Both are fairly hard to find NIB....

VAQUERO.2.jpg

ruger32.1.jpg

Nice wheel guns. The 7.5 inch barrel Vaqueros are not made anymore I believe. They have a nice balance. I have an old model Vaquero with 7.5 in barrel in 45 LC, and a Bisley vaquero also in 45LC. I used to cowboy shoot, and should get back in it.

:thumbsup2:

GORGEOUS - flat out GORGEOUS!! Congrats Jack!!

I was always partial to Smith 29's in .44 mag cause they fit my hand way better the Rugers but, the Smith's never ever did prove to be as durable as the Rugers did for me.. I stretched the back bone out on more than one Smith from shooting to much and to much hard stuff and ended up with way to much clearance on the cylinder on em. My Rugers never did that = wayy solid piece..

Indeed,, Ruger makes good stuff...

Hey,, you got or have you had a Desert Eagle in .50 or an "Auto Mag"?

Nice wheel guns. The 7.5 inch barrel Vaqueros are not made anymore I believe. They have a nice balance. I have an old model Vaquero with 7.5 in barrel in 45 LC, and a Bisley vaquero also in 45LC. I used to cowboy shoot, and should get back in it.

:thumbsup2:

The stainless Vaqueros are a little hard to get and in 44-40 near impossible to find... The combo Blackhawks are even rarer. They never didn't make very many of the 32-20's basically because they didn't sell. That usually makes them appreciate in value down the road.. The collector in me made me buy them, and I'll probably never shot them.

GORGEOUS - flat out GORGEOUS!! Congrats Jack!!

I was always partial to Smith 29's in .44 mag cause they fit my hand way better the Rugers but, the Smith's never ever did prove to be as durable as the Rugers did for me.. I stretched the back bone out on more than one Smith from shooting to much and to much hard stuff and ended up with way to much clearance on the cylinder on em. My Rugers never did that = wayy solid piece..

Indeed,, Ruger makes good stuff...

Hey,, you got or have you had a Desert Eagle in .50 or an "Auto Mag"?

Some of the Rugers are built pretty stout. I used to carry a 357 BH loaded with 38 snake loads during the season. Buy it... carry it,,, sell it at the end of the season. If I recall they were in the 100 and small change price range. I'd usually get all my money back out of it. Shoulda kept them... :-)

I have had a desert Eagle 50AE. That was a fun gun. Getting another one is on my wish list. That 50AE has also put a bunch of deer in the freezer.

Dessert Eagle 50's are a hand full.

NICE!!! I'm looking for a carry gun. Son tells me I need a 9. I want something for concealed carry. That won't break the bank. Most of my hand guns are just too big & bulky. Or don't have that important Knock-Down Power.

I have always been partial to the .40 for that which you speak bro,, check this out DanL

Dessert Eagle 50's are a hand full.

They are a hand full but a lot of fun, and as mentioned in the vid they do make a LOT of noise. Usually when I fired the first shot at the rang everyone stops to see what made that noise.

In that vid he cheated, he got the one with a muzzle brake. Without the brake there is a LOT more muzzle flip and you better be hanging on tight. There is even a WARNING in the owners manual to NOT lock your elbows while shooting or it will break your wrist.

Call me a wimp, I guess, but I never liked shooting the .44mag and larger handguns. They just weren't enjoyable to shoot, and as such I didn't practice much with them. I do own a Ruger Redhawk stainless in .41mag and thats more controllable.

That Blackhawk convertible is sweet. I'd be too tempted to shoot it, and I know it should be kept as a collector piece because of its rarity.

They are a hand full but a lot of fun, and as mentioned in the vid they do make a LOT of noise. Usually when I fired the first shot at the rang everyone stops to see what made that noise.

In that vid he cheated, he got the one with a muzzle brake. Without the brake there is a LOT more muzzle flip and you better be hanging on tight. There is even a WARNING in the owners manual to NOT lock your elbows while shooting or it will break your wrist.

I never ever did get a chance to touch one off but I did get a chance to massage one a few times.. Wowzy are those things HUGE framed and HUGE gripped.. I would LOVE to have one to conceal carry = great big ol honkin bulge at the small of my back = go ahead munk,, pake my day:thumbsup:

Jeff,, you ever take a white tail with the .50? If so,, damage report compared to a .44 mag?

That Blackhawk convertible is sweet. I'd be too tempted to shoot it, and I know it should be kept as a collector piece because of its rarity.

Yep it's going to be enticing.... I just got notice that my ammo order from Midway shipped this morning.... :-) Actually I like to have at least a box of ammo for every firearm in my collection... I donno??..it's just me....

I never ever did get a chance to touch one off but I did get a chance to massage one a few times.. Wowzy are those things HUGE framed and HUGE gripped.. I would LOVE to have one to conceal carry = great big ol honkin bulge at the small of my back = go ahead munk,, pake my day:thumbsup:

Jeff,, you ever take a white tail with the .50? If so,, damage report compared to a .44 mag?

Damage report? The deer was tasty.

The shot annihilated both lungs and the heart was split in 2 with no exit wound. I did look but was unable to find the bullet.

I was loading the 50 with 325 grain hollow point and launching with more muzzle velocity than the 44.

As far as compared to my Colt Anaconda 8" 44 Mag. The 44 was noticeably less damage, the entry side lung was destroyed and the off side lung would have a hole in it but still resembled a lung, also no exit wound. For deer I was loading a 240 grain Hollow point. I did some experimenting with 300 grain hollow points but could not get the velocity high enough for good expansion.

Bottom line, they both have close to the same effective range, with the 50 being able to reach out slightly farther. The range limitation was my accuracy with the guns not their knockdown power. I would expect clean kills with either out to 100 yards. My personal rule is the max deer hunting range of any weapon is that rage where I can keep ten of my shots in a 4 inch group. With either the 44 or the 50 that was about 70-80 yards depending on the wind.

I have a Super Blackhawk 44 and 2 stainless 44 Vaqueros. Also have a Charter Arms Bull Pup 44 special 5 shot 2" barrel. Love them all.

Have a friend who had the BFR 45/70 with a 10" barrel. It actually kicked less with standard 405 grain lead loads than my SB because it weighed so much