IGNORED

parts ordered

well I ordered some stuff for the RSV. New F4 customs biggest and widest with vent should be here tomorrow.. Wife will enjoy it. Too bad I didn't order it sooner because Fri and Sat we went on a 600 mile ride to northern Wisconsin. We visited Lake Superior and Michigan, stayed in Rhinelander. She was getting hammered by the wind on the interstate at 75mph. Her new helmet was chokeing her due to the wind buffeting to the point of having to take it off on the ride home. I also ordered this.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FI0S486/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It should be here sometime this week since its coming from China. I will do before and after pics. Hopefully by Thurs I'll do both since I have to crack the fairing to get the new light in, no sense taking the windshield off twice. Hopefully the light pans out like to now out of stock broview s5 with the copper heatsinks.

Stat

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got the light installed today during the eclipse......

lowbeam old.jpglowbeam old.jpghighbeam old.jpg

the last pics were of the new F4 Custom tall and wide shield I ordered, but the ends do not follow the lines of the fairing....anyone who has a wide F4 shield have the same issue?

Thanks stat

lowbeam new.jpg

highbeam new.jpg

windshield left.jpg

windshield right.jpg

yes it does, waiting til tonight when I ride to work to adjust, LED shines a little farther down the road than stock.

The LED will shine farther down the road because its low beam is aimed higher then the OEM high beam. So you are effectively riding around all the time, day and night, with your hi beam on. You can use your pics to set the top cutoff of the lo beam to the same height on the garage door as the OEM light was, ALL of the other drivers on the road will be happy if you do.

The LED will shine farther down the road because its low beam is aimed higher then the OEM high beam. So you are effectively riding around all the time, day and night, with your hi beam on. You can use your pics to set the top cutoff of the lo beam to the same height on the garage door as the OEM light was, ALL of the other drivers on the road will be happy if you do.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but is there a formula (X height at Y distance) that you aim for with these bikes. I know cars you usually do 25' distance.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but is there a formula (X height at Y distance) that you aim for with these bikes. I know cars you usually do 25' distance.
There is a formula and hopefully I am remembering it correctly.

While sitting on the bike about 25' from a flat wall, get a measurement from the ground up to the centre of the the headlight.

Transfer that measurement to the wall then make a mark 2" down.

While still sitting on the bike, aim the top edge of the headlight beam to the lower mark.

I think this is pretty much the same method used to adjust a car's headlights.