IGNORED

2000 BMW K1200Lt milage

Yammer Dan

Them ol boxer motors are about as reliable as they come. My brother had a 900 of some sort back in heck 70? It was an ex-miami police bike and had 60k or more on it when he got it. He rode it another 5 or 6 years and put another 60k+ on it. Bounce on by the Beemer site and see what them guy say they are getting. But if I recall the bikes of that vintage are about like the Venture. Many miles and many smiles.

Still thinkin ya should stick with what cha cha know at this stage of da game bro... had a neighbor offer us . an amazing deal on a wing before we pulled out to ctfw.. told hom same about us,,, just to many years on the 1st gen,, to much know where everything is and what they feel lke when their sick, to many spate parts and,, get this,,, even this well established family network here on vr is wayyyyy to hard to come by and replace...

If urvstill gonna do it,,, maybe price out normal wear items n get a feel for costs associated with parts replacement. Not sure what years were afected but i do know that some beemers had drive shaft issues n some had abs issues that ended real pricy for the owners.. i know one guy that chased that trail n ended up with more in beemer repair then i spent buying 5 ventures..

I know exactly which one you are looking at Dan. It looks nice. I do know that there were some issues with the early K1200LT models. Something about the rear seals or something, I don't remember. The trike conversion may have eliminated that issue, not sure.

It was a purty one. Too many miles for the price I think. I didn't bite. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-BMW-K-Series-K1200LT-Trike/332300833930?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 I'm still in the Hunt. For what? I don't know. Chest still hurts and getting up and down to work on them just don't seem too much fun right now. My chest and air are my big problem. But don't count me Out yet...... Yet.

I should have bought B2Dads or Larry's when I could afford one. Or that one for 10k. This freaking retirement sucks. I know Puc. Too many toys and cain't work on them right now. This waiting this time is making me OLD!!! I need my "Want To" back. 10 yrs ago I would have already had something on the road. It ain't like I don't have anything to.........:bang head::bang head::bang head:

I should have bought B2Dads or Larry's when I could afford one. Or that one for 10k. This freaking retirement sucks. I know Puc. Too many toys and cain't work on them right now. This waiting this time is making me OLD!!! I need my "Want To" back. 10 yrs ago I would have already had something on the road. It ain't like I don't have anything to.........:bang head::bang head::bang head:

I'm right there with ya Dan. All I can do is 'think' about what I need to do, get overwhelmed, and say the 'H' with it and go take a nap... It's not that I don't have the time... it's the energy..

I'm right there with ya Dan. All I can do is 'think' about what I need to do, get overwhelmed, and say the 'H' with it and go take a nap... It's not that I don't have the time... it's the energy..

You nailed it Jack. Know what I should do. Puc got that one. Just doing it.....:bang head: Nap time!!

I hear you guys and right there with ya's... Use to be I could grab a sledge hammer and bar, C-Clamps or even my 16 inch channel locks I carry in my right saddle bag and snap a bead on a rear tire swap without much fuuu dooo.. This last trip taught me those days is gone - think they took more then bladder and prostate parts on that last tune up cause WOWZY I got no strength.. I have always carried my tire spoons but now I think I gotta figure out a way to tote my bead breaker - aint no way, aint no how I am gonna hand a roadside dealership no 400 bucks to swap on a new tire!!

Tip n I been talking about grabbing a 4x4 pickup, tossing on a topper/air conditioner/generator so we can tour the out back on trips out west and side lining the scoots - really really hard and sad though cause, like you two and many others around here - its in my blood.. I had to give up racing dirtbikes (which I LOVED) a number of years ago cause my spine is shot and now this = sucks getting old,,, BUT = sure beats the alternative!!!

Tell ya one thing,,,, that Cancer Doc mentioned bucketlisting a while back,,,, grabbed one of those Yamaha liter bike/crotch rockets = talk about restoring that childlike adrenline rush,,, freaking thing is nothing short of amazing!! Just pulled in from our first CTFW fling since '14,, opened the garage door and there was that pretty little (they only weigh 400 pounds) sprinter staring at me with her naughty grin = definitely helps in the therapy department = at least for me..

DSCN4842.JPG

DSCN4850.JPG

I had a 2000 K1200 LT Beemer. It was a great bike. Especially on the freeway. More top heavy than the Venture. The forum guys used to say there were 2 types of K1200 owners, those who have taken a nap and those who will take a nap. The bike is just top heavy for tight slow speed turns. Trikes obviously will not have that problem. Those bikes were known to easily hit 200,000 miles

The biggest problem I had was that it is isn't user/mechanic friendly and Beemer expensive. Just changing the oil was a pain. My 12,000 mile service cost me $1,100.00

But in all honestly, it was a better ride than the Venture on the freeway. :biker: