IGNORED

A day without women was today

ragtop69gs

As a deckhand I have seen both sides. In our company if a man and a woman were equal in qualifications the woman always got the job. Avoid grievances and lawsuits that way. I have worked with some women who were great, better than some of the men. I have also had women who demanded they get the job refuse to do it.

On a rainy, windy day..."I'm not standing anchors, it will muss up my hair." During tie up.... "who, little me pick up those chains...no way." etc.

I am all for equal pay but be prepared to do the work.

I worked in the engineering profession for a large electrical utility. What I saw was that expectations for women engineers were lower than for men engineers. Women could get a good job evaluation and promotions for performance that would put men engineers in jeopardy of getting fired or at least a bad job evaluation.

Other possible factors from an employer's point of view might include problems that crop up in mixed work spaces are which gender is most likely to go to PR and file a complaint or take maternity leave. How horribly unfair is it for an employer to be legally forced to subsidize baby having to the detriment of his/her business? These things can cost money and present inconvenience to employers. I know these liabilities cant be legally considered by hiring professionals but I dont doubt its a factor in some decision making. Hats off to the women that work and have the same thick skin men are expected to have, I know and respect a few.

I have really seen no evidence that men have any real issues with women in the workplace. I have observed that nobody dislikes women more than other women. All the wasted productivity, power struggles, petty squabbling, drama and workplace politics is exhausting. I have never experienced it until moving int a mixed workplace. I realize its not PC to say this but its real. Not only does it piss off most men but many women too.

I worked in the engineering profession for a large electrical utility. What I saw was that expectations for women engineers were lower than for men engineers. Women could get a good job evaluation and promotions for performance that would put men engineers in jeopardy of getting fired or at least a bad job evaluation.
That's what happens when politics gets involved. We saw a lot of reduced qualifications in this country when the guvmint legislated acceptance of women into police forces and fire departments. I believe the biggest hurdle to overcome for gender equality is a cultural one where male and female children have different expectations laid on them by society, schools in particular, and even by their parents. Consider the current BS that is going on in the military over personal photos being displayed on the Internet. That is a cultural divide of disrespect that can only be overcome by education.

Soooo, what's next, day without men?? Day without kids?? Day without libheads?? (wouldn't THAT be nice...)

I am on the same wavelength as you Bob. It is one group or another singling themselves out that they are being oppressed or something. Let me put it bluntly SUCK IT UP everyone and everybody has gone through something where they were discriminated against for some reason. Gender, age, color, religion just to name a few. I have always attributed it to that life. STUFF HAPPENS. Yes I know some of the stuff you see on the news is way out there and should have never happened. There are wackos every where. Can I have my own day too.

I am on the same wavelength as you Bob. It is one group or another singling themselves out that they are being oppressed or something. Let me put it bluntly SUCK IT UP everyone and everybody has gone through something where they were discriminated against for some reason. Gender, age, color, religion just to name a few. I have always attributed it to that life. STUFF HAPPENS. Yes I know some of the stuff you see on the news is way out there and should have never happened. There are wackos every where. Can I have my own day too.

We do its called our birthdays and need to get our Sundays back. Bullcrap people have to work on the day of rest.

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.