IGNORED

Gas prices

MikeM8560

West Michigan just had an overnight jump of 27 cents,, 87 octane went from 3.21 to 3.48.. We will see 4 bucks before summer is done for sure. I have a nephew who is an executive in the industry and so far he is batting 100% on his predictions..

Now a side note,, I have Degree in Economics and really enjoy the stuff.. Besides running my own business I have taught Econ and staying up on current trends and historic data is a huge hobby of mine..

Just for some thought provacation how many of you remember reading about our revolutionary war in school? Do any of you remember what caused us to take on the Brits and go for independency in the first place?? Does taxation without representation ring a bell?? How about Government that was so oppressive that it cared NOTHING for the people and only concerned itself with the rich and elite?? Has anyone on here ever been to DC and read some of the original documents that dictate how we are suppose to be living?? Do the words "a Government for the people by the people" ring a bell?

Now,, due to our current economic situation I just picked up another home in our area that had been foreclosed on and was sitting empty for 3 years - couldnt sell - it is a BUYERS market BIG TIME if you have cash..

ANyway, the local government here had this place valued at well over a quarter million.. And its taxed accordingly. Thru business savy I was able to aquire the home for half of its stated value.. Of course, I went to the review board recently, produced my bill of sale, explained to the powers that be the MARKET proved the state value wrong by its selling price. The house had started at a price of over 300,000 and had been reduced many times thru time with no sell until I purchased. The Supervisor looked at me and said as he pointed to the assessor "there is the guy that sets the values". I corrected the supervisors statement and reminded him that in a Free Enterprise System the "Market" sets the value.. He turned red and obviously didnt agree with me.. Of course, my attempt at getting my taxes lowered didnt work..

Now, my point to all this is that exactly what happened in that one little incedent is being played over and over again in our society and frankly - it is ruining, or has ruined our country.

To avoid boring anyone I will stop my lecture here.. If anyone has interest in why I strongly believe this and would like to hear my opinions on how to correct this chaos just ask and I will continue..

'Puc

Hey puc, I would like to read what you have to say, pm me if you like. Craig

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO i got up today and stoped at my local BP, the price jumoed to $3.59 overnight. this is rally getting rediculas. I hav to drive all over with my work. On a side note the gas last time I looked at my marina was $4.15 a gal for gas. Im looking to sell my boat rathen then just sit at the dock all summer. so how bad is it everywhere else:confused24:

Were's that BP station!! I'm paying $4.25 per gallon for Diesel and over $4 for reg. There are a couple of areas that Diesel is up to $4.50. Fill'r Up at $100+ bucks is getting old fast on the truck. $75 bucks in the Suburban get's it half a tank..... OK.. 40gal tank.... :) Noticed that used sailboat sails sales have been picking up. At least the wind is free...

Were's that BP station!! I'm paying $4.25 per gallon for Diesel and over $4 for reg. There are a couple of areas that Diesel is up to $4.50. Fill'r Up at $100+ bucks is getting old fast on the truck. $75 bucks in the Suburban get's it half a tank..... OK.. 40gal tank.... :) Noticed that used sailboat sails sales have been picking up. At least the wind is free...
The wind is currently free but with the growing wind generators and solar the wind and sun will soon be taxed.

Ain't that the truth. Baking up Vic on our Yosemite trip, I guess I missed the stations he saw those prices, but the one we stopped at in Mariposa was the first time I've ever payed over $4.00 a gallon. I use 89 which was $4.10 a gal., and I knew they were going to get us as it's the last stop for gas before going into the valley. Next thing you know, they'll be putting bike trails into the valley because nobody can afford to drive. Highest I saw diesel was $4.60, and was glad I don't own any cars or pick-ups that run on diesel. :mo money:

Prices will settle down in a few weeks. The refineries have started shifting from winter blend fuels to summer blend fuels. This is a local government response to EPA air quality requirements, and happens every year when it starts to get warmer. There aren't enough refineries to produce enough of both kinds of gas, and each community sets their own standards, so there's a lot of refineries switching to meet the demand.

That said, when did we consider gasoline at 2.75 a gallon a bargain?

i have a great deal on a 40 ft. diesel pusher 2008 class a 100,000 $ off only 141,000.00 , we are changing our lot to small trailers , the 1st thing a customer asks is " what kind of gas milage doe's it get " it kills me to tell -- 8 mpg , of the 3 motor homes i have on the lot , the best 1 only gets 10 mpg . i had to fill the diesel 40 footer up last week , 398.00 , i ride my 1st gen to work 6 days a week , 4 gals. i lov it !!!

Thom

p.s gas at the dock is 5.08 , this house boat ain't goin no where !

I remember years ago when running south of the boarder to buy fuel was commonplace. Out of curiousity I just did a search on Pemex prices, and it looks like it may start again.

Updated March 2008

Magna: Aproximately $2.38 Dlls/gallon

Premium: Aproximately $ 2.97 Dlls/gallon

Diesel: Aproximately $2.01 Dlls/gallon

If gas for my car and scoot wasn't high enough, I was just getting back into flying again after 30 years. Where I fly out of, it is the cheapest in the area, and still is over $5.00 a gallon. When you burn 10 gallons an hour, thats a lot of cash.

I was hoping to finally get a chance to get back in the air, but it looks like that is getting to be a pipe dream.

At least the milage is better on my bike. They wont be able to take that one away from me!

Lowflyer

Ride Safe

I know this may sound far fetched by some however it would be the only thing we, as consumers can can do to fight the price of gas.

Simple yet hard.

In the U.S., pick a major gas company.

In Canada, do the same. Let say for example ESSO.

NOBODY buy gas there. Go somewhere else. There are gas stations all over the place.

Simple. Yet hard to get EVERYONE to do this. BUT, it would work.

And don't start buying gas from them when their price drops. Wait until they hurt so bad.

We all sit back and complain. We all keep taking it up the backside, yet we don't do anything about it. This is something we CAN do.

Problem is, how do we get everyone to do this? I am so sick and tired of being nickle and dimed to death and then hear about how much (billions) money companies make.

" it kills me to tell -- 8 mpg , ... i had to fill the diesel 40 footer up last week , 398.00 , i ride my 1st gen to work 6 days a week , 4 gals. i lov it !!!

Thom

p.s gas at the dock is 5.08 , this house boat ain't goin no where !

My boat isnt going far either this summer. try 1 MPG or 32 GPH

and its over $800 with 220 gallons.

I was sitting at my dock sunday and there were alot of boats out full speed and big 40 ans 50 footers running the ICW. I just sat there watching them behind me

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Misty%202/th_100_1056.jpg

Shoot.... I walked into a gas station the other day and asked for $5 dollars worth of gas. The attendant farted and gave me a receipt.................

Batta Bing!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The worlds gone crazy. I call it Bush-a-nomics. One things for sure we are all in this boat together. Sit in the boat easy and let the waves come to ya.:rotfl::rotfl::mo money::mo money::mo money::sign isnt that spec:D

What get's me, is that they raise the price of gas that they have in the ground.Bought and paid for,at a cheaper price.

:detective:

Well, in MN the daily price is mandated by law. The Liberals in our state got a wild hair and decided to mandate a minimum price that gas stations can legally sell their gas. This price is set daily by the gas terminals and all gas stations must adjust their prices accordingly.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

I saw a gas price at a local service station today for $3.73. I am in shock. All the stations in my area are over $3.50 a gallon.Give it a couple of months and I will probably wish I could find it for that price again. I am out of the pleasure riding for a while. I will ride my bike when I have to run errands and that is about it. My wife and I spent over $600 in gas last month. She has to go to work (70 mile round trip commute for her every day). But I don't have to ride, especially at nearly $20 to fill the motorcycle and a $100 to fill the truck. Time to start doing some serious drilling off our east and west coast and Alaska. For you environmentalist that my take offense, I think my existence is just as important as any other creatures. And yeah I know, it will take several years before the crude will make it to the refineries. So let's get it started.