IGNORED

Gas prices

MikeM8560

SO i got up today and stoped at my local BP, the price jumoed to $3.59 overnight. this is rally getting rediculas. I hav to drive all over with my work. On a side note the gas last time I looked at my marina was $4.15 a gal for gas. Im looking to sell my boat rathen then just sit at the dock all summer. so how bad is it everywhere else:confused24:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of oil is going up because oil is sold on the dollar and the dollar is losing it's value rapidly. The dollar is going down because our economy is coming down. The economy is coming down because there is an oversaturation of easy credit. There is an oversaturation of easy credit because the Federal Reserve is printing so much money with no value behind it. The Fed is printing money because the U.S. Government doesn't have any and is borrowing it from the Fed, China, Mexico, and any other country that will loan us money. The U.S. Government is broke because we are paying for entitlements to over 40% of the population and funding a war in which we can not afford. etc.etc.etc.....:080402gudl_prv:

Both companies Have new rigs in the Gulf. They are starting

to Drill down to Below 30,000 feet. Supposed to be lots of Oil down there.

But will take about 5 years to drill the holes.

Rigs being brought over from Asia. They are drilling in about 10,000 feet of water,

The Bore hole diameter of these monster rigs is about 40 to 48 inches.

I also found that one hole has been drilled to 30000 plus feet in Wyoming.

Russians are also drilling to 30,000 for the NorthVietnamise off the Coast of N. Vietnam.

A 30,000 ft hole started pumping just off the NE coast of Sakahaline Island in Oct. last year. Its pumping at the rate of about 230,000 barrells a month. Japan is buying all the oil.

4 more holes are in the process of being drilled there.

Word is this well flows oil which is at 350 to 400 deg. F.

Very high quality oil.

Supposedly massive new oil finds, are located off the E coast of Brazil, Estimated to be at about 28,000 feet.

I did some serious research, on the Equipment used to drill these holes. I found the information for the Equipment. I even found the Spec Sheets for the Drilling Rigs.

Point: If the rigs are being built, that can drill to 30,000 feet.

----- Then: there must be some oil down there !

One more observation: I don't think there are any dead , rotted Dinasors down below 30,000 feet. ( or rotted jungles )

Hmmmm, fossil fuel ????? I wonder.

Russia, is no longer Bankrupt, they paid off all their debt with Oil Money. Word is they have drilled a lot of oil wells to below 30,000 feet. They sell the crude via pipe lines into Eastern Europe.

The price of oil is going up because oil is sold on the dollar and the dollar is losing it's value rapidly. The dollar is going down because our economy is coming down. The economy is coming down because there is an oversaturation of easy credit. There is an oversaturation of easy credit because the Federal Reserve is printing so much money with no value behind it. The Fed is printing money because the U.S. Government doesn't have any and is borrowing it from the Fed, China, Mexico, and any other country that will loan us money. The U.S. Government is broke because we are paying for entitlements to over 40% of the population and funding a war in which we can not afford. etc.etc.etc.....:080402gudl_prv:

The war we can afford. The funding of welfare for everyone including illegals we can not afford.

Now if we can drill lots of oil from below 30,000 feet like the Russians are doing, we will have something to sell, to pay off all our bills.

However:

Enviromentalists won't let the Oil companies drill the holes.

OR: Build any new Oil Refineraries.

--- So we turn our Food into Fuel:

-------- So the cost of your food is going Sky High

---- When all the Corn is used to make Ethanol, then the cows won't have anything to eat, and guess what?? No T-Bones at the super market.

And, you have to Run you Bike on Fake GAS

folks, the party's over. the arabs are taking us to our knees. so far i have been coping with it by careful planning. the next gen. is in deep trouble and has'nt got a clue. i'm in better shape than i ever have been. my wife and i are going to do the best to enjoy the rest of our days. i feel sorry for the youngsters that probably have nothing good to look forward to. i did my best all my life to buy american and save the country and be a good american, did'nt seem to work. gues the next gen. it going to have to cope with the legacy we left them.:depressed: bill

Well gas prices here are 3.49/gallon. How long does it take for them to get the oil per barrel they are paying for to actual production? Plus those oil companies are still making killer profits. But they have us we need to buy gas to at least get to and from work. I didn't even look at diesel, it was already over 4 here last week.

Margaret

Now if we can drill lots of oil from below 30,000 feet like the Russians are doing, we will have something to sell, to pay off all our bills.

However:

Enviromentalists won't let the Oil companies drill the holes.

OR: Build any new Oil Refineraries.

--- So we turn our Food into Fuel:

-------- So the cost of your food is going Sky High

---- When all the Corn is used to make Ethanol, then the cows won't have anything to eat, and guess what?? No T-Bones at the super market.

And, you have to Run you Bike on Fake GAS

i hear this "corn into fuel, is driving up the prices", crap,everyday!

what people DON"T seem to know, is that we ship, literally millions of tons of corn , every year, to russia and china.

it is called "surplus".

i have seen HUGE transport ships, by the dozens, laying offshore, in the gulf of mexico, waiting for their turn to come in and get loaded.

just jt

oh and as a P.S!

do any of you remember, the spiel that the GOVT> spewed out about unleaded gasoline, when it was just an "option"???

it is sooo much cheaper to make, and burns sooo much cleaner, with sooo much more efficiency!

it's ALL B.S.

i feel sorry for the people that are unaware, and have a life time ahead of them. ... i and my wife are just going to enjoy the rest of our life the best we can. bill :2133:

I just wish i was older so I could retire. I think of all the money it costs me just to go to run a buisness, gas insurance ect and I watch all the retires riding there bikes to the tennis courts on my way to work.

Take me off the list :headache:

Supposedly massive new oil finds, are located off the E coast of Brazil, Estimated to be at about 28,000 feet.

Our son works for an electrical co. in TX and they have just refitted a drilling platform and he rode the thing to Puerto Rico as part of it's journey to Brazil. Interesting.

Russia, is no longer Bankrupt, they paid off all their debt with Oil Money.

The Russians haven't paid off ALL their debt. They still owe the U.S. for all the equipment, food, supplies, etc. that we furnished them in WWII, probably hundreds of millions if you figure the interest. The only country that has paid off their WWII debt to us is Finland.

Bad enough were paying record prices for gas but now were being gouged a little bit more. Has anyone noticed the difference between the grades now? As long as I can remember it was always 10 cents difference per grade. Now im seeing anywhere from 12 cents to 20 cents difference per grade....now thats chutzpah!

I hate to say , only deep drilling going on is in your pockets !

Now I was a roughneck back in the early 80's . Made a nice wage at that time in South Texas . Then they started stacking rigs left and right and it wasn't for the lack of crude in the ground on which it was on the average of 15,000 ft deep . Last work we did was drilling salt domes . Translated fer you was drilling holes in a soft formation . Then fracturing the ground , pump the crude from one location and stuff it right back into the salt domes . You know like "Kicking a rock around in a circle" !

The truth to the matter , is our politicians/government want us to support the world problems , so they can get some Kudos . Meanwhile us all suffer so they look good . Now that our politicians have given all our tax dollars to other countries that spit on our faces , we are now do far in debt that we have to borrow back from them to save our butts .

We have the resources , we have the technology we have the know how , we can rebuild , yeah another 6 million dollar debt every time we give a handout ! That's just about every 10 seconds ,if ya want to know .

BEER30

Here is my 2c on the war and the Arab oil!

Robin Williams' plan. (Hard to argue with his logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their

affairs, past and present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys". We will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and

leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If

they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home, baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us, "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE!

Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"

Here is my 2c on the war and the Arab oil!

Robin Williams' plan. (Hard to argue with his logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their

affairs, past and present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good ole boys". We will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and

leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If

they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home, baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us, "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE!

Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"

AMEN:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

West Michigan just had an overnight jump of 27 cents,, 87 octane went from 3.21 to 3.48.. We will see 4 bucks before summer is done for sure. I have a nephew who is an executive in the industry and so far he is batting 100% on his predictions..

Now a side note,, I have Degree in Economics and really enjoy the stuff.. Besides running my own business I have taught Econ and staying up on current trends and historic data is a huge hobby of mine..

Just for some thought provacation how many of you remember reading about our revolutionary war in school? Do any of you remember what caused us to take on the Brits and go for independency in the first place?? Does taxation without representation ring a bell?? How about Government that was so oppressive that it cared NOTHING for the people and only concerned itself with the rich and elite?? Has anyone on here ever been to DC and read some of the original documents that dictate how we are suppose to be living?? Do the words "a Government for the people by the people" ring a bell?

Now,, due to our current economic situation I just picked up another home in our area that had been foreclosed on and was sitting empty for 3 years - couldnt sell - it is a BUYERS market BIG TIME if you have cash..

ANyway, the local government here had this place valued at well over a quarter million.. And its taxed accordingly. Thru business savy I was able to aquire the home for half of its stated value.. Of course, I went to the review board recently, produced my bill of sale, explained to the powers that be the MARKET proved the state value wrong by its selling price. The house had started at a price of over 300,000 and had been reduced many times thru time with no sell until I purchased. The Supervisor looked at me and said as he pointed to the assessor "there is the guy that sets the values". I corrected the supervisors statement and reminded him that in a Free Enterprise System the "Market" sets the value.. He turned red and obviously didnt agree with me.. Of course, my attempt at getting my taxes lowered didnt work..

Now, my point to all this is that exactly what happened in that one little incedent is being played over and over again in our society and frankly - it is ruining, or has ruined our country.

To avoid boring anyone I will stop my lecture here.. If anyone has interest in why I strongly believe this and would like to hear my opinions on how to correct this chaos just ask and I will continue..

'Puc

They keep drilling deeper and deeper they will soon be accused of stealing oil from underneath Australia....

:sign20:

Wouldn't bother trying to pinch our oil. It's too damned expensive.

I'm paying $1.50 A LITRE. Don't know how many litres in a US gallon - but go figure!