IGNORED

Well Dog Gone it .......

BuckShot

Now this is just not right....Yamaha really needs to step up and help me. I mean my 86 only has 47,000 on it and looks almost new. Just couldn't believe it when I started her up and the low beam headlight warning light stayed on. Come on Yamaha.....now I have to replace bulb. I really feel the original bulb should have lasted longer.....:rotf::rotfl::hihi::crackup:

I agree, it just ain't right, they should have warrantied it for much longer,, after all, how can a feller take advantage of the warranty if nothing fails in time to use it.

BUT, don't fear, there is a solution. Just ship it up here and in time all parts can be replaced with real long lasting parts. These parts will not be the local kind that only last a few short years like you have experienced. The parts used for replacement will be imported from across the world, the search will extend from Canada to many other sources. Quality will be paramount and speedy delivery will be second to none. I already have a trusted source, airplanes, boats and trains are lined up, all you need to do is get the scooter over here where I can analyze it in depth and make sure when it gets returned to you, that nothing, absolutely nothing, will wear out once again. I can or will enlist the help of fellow riders\mechanics if I find the workload gets too heavy for me, or if I seem to run out of time. I am retired and will be looking for something to keep me entertained in the next while. My investments in China are suffering a little and could use a bit of a boost. All in all, I think you should go for it, it's a steal of a deal.

Oh?? when did you say you wanted it back?

Oy Vey!! Now you done opened a can of worms!! Now you have to decide what type of bulb and what brand. Then it's the question as to keep with the stock setup or go to HID or LED, and do you want to keep the stock housing or go to some kind of exotic aftermarket headlight assembly which will throw off the looks so you will have to come up with a different or modified fairing, and then you will have to decide do you want to keep it a tuxedo paint scheme or switch to something else. I'm sure this will lead to a to a heated discussion as to which bulb is the best replacement, and which is the proper way to install the replacement bulb. Then there will be a debate as to whether or not the stock wiring is ample enough to properly handle the current load and how to prevent the bulb from blowing again!!!

Geez, now you're gonna tell us you have to replace the tires too...

Its been nothing but sleepless nights thinking about this bulb thing......I have lost a couple of pounds wondering and worrying about it. Hey maybe a new fad diet is in the works and I'll be rich.....

Need to find the time to research this bulb thing. I'm thinking more plug and play type bulb. Don't feel like making changes to the old girl....like her just fine the way she is. We understand each other.

What is your recommendation Bongo?

Ha I got that Silverstar and she is a beaut!!! Replaced her once with a China LED import might as well held my phone up with the light on as that darned thing was so dim I could look her straight in the eye and not blink!! So you know what happened, I put that Silverstar Right back in there and:motorcycle:!! Can't complain tho I like the silverstars :thumbsup2:

Oh?? when did you say you wanted it back?
Marcarl is not trying to scare you he just knows that the guy (saddlebum) he trusts most to road test, will not stop road testing until he is completely satisfied that all is well and then a few more times after that to be very very sure.

Myself I liked the Silverstar Ultra, but keep in mind brighter bulbs equal shorter life...
I used the Silverstar ultra and though they were very good I switched to the PIAA H4 XTreme White Plus Anti-Vibration. They are brighter than a Silverstar and the same bulb has been in the bike since 2006. Since they are popular with off roaders you know they are tough.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/159-H4-XTreme-White-Plus-Single-Halogen-Bulb.aspx

PIAA H4 XTreme White Plus Anti-Vibration. They are brighter than a Silverstar and the same bulb has been in the bike since 2006. Since they are popular with off roaders you know they are tough.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/159-H4-XTreme-White-Plus-Single-Halogen-Bulb.aspx

I'm there with you on the piaa, I run that bulb on the trike and I agree with you, it's brighter than the silverstar.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk