IGNORED

FYI

Sailor

I get those at least once per month, but in my case they say that something is off with unusual activity in my account and offer a link to follow. I simply delete them.
When I get these kind of messages I mark them as spam or junk mail which then bans anything sent from the poster for ever and also deletes the message. As already mentioned, never ever click on a link. I've had a few purportedly from PayPal and Amazon that looked very authentic but weren't. If at all concerned about the message logging into the account separately from the email is the safest way to check it out. Also previously mentioned... great advice from those in the know on here.

Also if you are not sure if an email is from Paypal, forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. Pay pal uses these to try to track down the crook and shut them down. they will also reply to you first to say that they received your forwarded email, and a little while later to tell you if it is legit or a scam.

If it is a scam, then hit the SPAM button in your email so that that sender can never send you anything again. This will both delete it and make life harder for the crook, once enough people report it as spam it will get added to the spam list and no one will ever see it again.

I get those from scammers posing as PayPal, Ebay, IRS (my favorite), financial institutions and others I cant think of. They catch a lot of folks off guard and it works or they wouldn't keep doing it.

If your not sure you can always contact with the contact info you already have (not the contact info in the suspicious email) and find out if there is a problem. I have yet to see one that is not a scam, I even suspect snail mail.