IGNORED

coolant under my bike !!!

GFRicky

Yup!! What Chuck said!! There are these round rubber plug things that are under the false fin cylinder covers that are known to leak and cause issues like that!! A simple fix is to remove the fake fins and tape a dime (sorry, you Canucks got rid of pennies, they are cheaper) and reinstall the covers. The thickness of the coins presses the plugs in tightly stopping their leaking...

I replaced my rubber plugs about 18 months ago. And recently I had some antifreeze leaking down in about the same area. I took the fins off to place a coin on the back off the fins to stop the leak, but after further checking it was the hose going into the center of the valve cover area that was slightly leaking and the antifreeze was leaking down through the weep hole at the spark plug and running down the side cover just like when the rubber plugs were leaking. I have had this happen on both off the hoses going into the valve cover area on both sides of the bike. While you are pulling the fins double check those hoses just to make sure.

Ron

I noteced the sweet smell of coolant a few weeks back when I did the Chicago Toys for Tots run. A few weeks of sitting in the cold and those little rubber plugs started weeping. Does someone have the part number or maybe the eBay listing where you found them for $5?