IGNORED

i ama veteran and this pisses me off

oldgoat

I spent 8 years of my life defending this country. I have lost lost friends who paid in blood for this country. My body was broken in defense of this country. My oldest daughter didn't know who I was for a large part of her first 6 years. My son treated me as a stranger when I returned from deployment. Thousands of my brothers and sisters in uniform have suffered similarly or worse. We have all done it for one reason. Love for this country. While I agree that everyone who comes here should assimilate and become an American, that isn't the reality. In this "kinder and gentler" society we are all expected to bend over and take it up the a## and get over whatever problems we have with immigrants because we "just don't understand" because we have it too good. My wife is an immagrent (still in the process... takes a loooonnnnng time to do it legally) and we are better together for our mixed cultures. I believe that legal immigration is key to birthing pride in that person for their new home country. I see this country falling apart from the inside out due in large part to illegal immigration. I can tell you all one thing though. Despite my injuries and lost friends and heartache from missed time with family, I would do it all over again because I believe in my heart that these United American States are worth fighting for and that this country is still the greatest country in the world. The only thing I have left to me now is to vote my conscious and hope that whoever is elected cares for this country as much as I do.

Thank you for your service and sacrafice. I cant imagine how that must have been. I was turned away when I tried to enlist in the Army in 83 because of spinal scoliosis. I never got to serve in the military. I have less right to rant about this election than you do but it hasnt stopped me. Im sick over this, I know were in for a really rough time with a truly deplorable leader.

My wife is Ilonggo, legal immigrant, I have everything a man could dare hope for in a wife. It is a long road indeed and lots of hoops for those that respect the USA enough to do it by our rules. She contributes so much to our society, we need her and more like her. I would not be surprised if things get really easy for illegals over the next 4 years. Our illegal immigration issues are bound to worsen. We cant expect a progressive liberal to make the tough calls and do what must be done when it may hurt someone's feelings. This thread exists because its already a problem.

The sad truth is there is nobody running for office that would do what you have done for this country, they dont have the fortitude and would never sacrifice what you have. They will however ask other brave young men and women to do it, even require it. Does the new pres love this country as much as we do? As much as it stings, I sure wouldn't bet on it.

"The sad truth is there is nobody running for office that would do what you have done for this country, they dont have the fortitude and would never sacrifice what you have"

Since Alabama is a designated red state I'm not forced to get in the Hellery vs Chump debate. I'm writing in Darrell Castle. He pretty much represents my feelings. I find it interesting that in this day and age of self publishing, unlimited access to information via the net, cell phones, Sea Foam, fuel injection and 3rd generation Ventures we're still prisoners to the bureaucracy of these two parties.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Castle

I think after trying to talk with them about the music, beer cans, flags etc..and being blown off time after time by your neighbors and the landlord, I would make several phone calls or send a few letters to:

1. Code enforcement since there is a limit on the number of occupants that can live in a house/apartment. Support it with pictures and other info

2. Police so they can also document that they are disturbing the peace. I would position a game type camera to have pictures if they destroyed my property.

3. Border Patrol, is you know they are "illegal"

4. local news media., not that I have any faith in the media after this election cycle but they can put pressure on your landlord to "fix" the issue.

If anyone is breaking the law, no matter who they are, legal or illegal immigrants, colour, race, etc.... call the Police.

If your hydro bill went up because the lights are on your meter, I would take your hydro bills to the landlord and ask them to contribute to the increase or at least get those circuits off your meter.

I would also document the infractions so that if you decide to leave before the end of your lease you can show cause, show that your ability to enjoy the unit you rent has been impacted by the other tenants. Document each time you talk to the landlord raising these issues. Make a log as it happens....it stands up in court. And if there are late night parties, call your landlord at the time it happens - if you can't sleep your landlord may as well get woken up too.

Side note: one of the great things about this forum is that we can have discussions like this with people speaking their mind, and no one gets into a pi$$ing match with others. Great group !

On subjects of landlords mine finally did something I got a brand new furnace and my gas gets turned on today! I fill like a kid in a candy store I will finally be able to cook. However the chimney is still there but the new furnace vents thru pcv pipe. It is a 92 unit the guy also put flex pipe on my stove. So after suggestion of switching to electric furnace to get around chimney not even a week later he got it done. Now I need to get right with him. The Mexicans we have around here generally do there things at there relatives and the parks. The islanders generally use one side of the park and man they have some really food!!!

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Air Ready, I too admire Teddy Roosevelt a a great American President!!! I especially appreciate his outlook on immigration, let them come with open arms as long as they learn our language and customs and become American Citizens and become productive to society! There IS a reason he was chosen for Mount Rushmore...

Air Ready, I too admire Teddy Roosevelt a a great American President!!! I especially appreciate his outlook on immigration, let them come with open arms as long as they learn our language and customs and become American Citizens and become productive to society! There IS a reason he was chosen for Mount Rushmore...

Wait I thought they had to know English I must have nodded off when it became different and is why I have to press one for english? Or like sometimes I get a call and its in Spanish first.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

"let them come with open arms as long as they learn our language and customs and become American Citizens and become productive to society"

What is American customs though? Different heritages do things differently. It's like saying they should join the "American religion". What is that? Customs have developed over the years with influence from the early immigrants whether they be Irish, French, British, Italian, Polish, Chinese....or Catholic, Protestant, Jewish.... Our customs have become a melding of everything. Even TV shows and news affect and change our customs on a daily basis.

We have to accept the differences just as some coming to "our world" have to take holidays based on our calendar even though their religious holidays differ from ours. They are forced not to work on our holidays and forced to work on theirs.

Over all....the influx of immigrants is a positive thing and increases our productivity and the way we do things. In all groups, there are bad apples. Look at bikers - good ones (us), and bad ones that give us all a bad reputation.

When someone goes to another country, whether they are on vacation or becoming citizens, the only real thing they have to obey are the laws. Sometimes customs will get you in trouble...but over all...you have to follow the law of the land. If your neighbours aren't following the laws, then the recourse is the Police or the courts.

Well by customs (I was sort of paraphrasing) I meant obeying our laws, showing respect for our country, honoring our flag and national anthem, etc. and not necessarily referring to ethnicity. Something that has been lost is the fact that this Nation was originally organized as a CHRISTIAN nation with Biblical values and standards, but that does not mean you had to be a Christian to be a citizen, however in the beginning most were just that. People are confused when they hear that this country was established to be free to worship as you please, what it really meant was freedom from the control of the Church of England and it's control over things. What it is today as opposed to what it was even before 1776 when we declared our Independence from the rule of the British government is quite a different story. Now we are a nation torn between liberal thinking "anything goes" attitudes and the conservative view of getting back to the principles that our government and "conserve" the values and standards we were established on.

Anyways, the gist of what Teddy Roosevelt was saying is that this nation was open to anyone wishing to join but they were expected to follow our rules and learn our language, NOT try to change our country into something THEY want! Of course he respected their customs and was not trying to dictate exactly how they thought or acted, or how they worshiped either for that matter! We are guaranteed freedom of speech which means we may, without persecution, express our beliefs! We are not expected to be government clones with no mind of our own!

Geez, all this all because I was agreeing with Air Ready about Teddy Roosevelt being a great president, and as a veteran myself who was willing to give my life to protect our (once) great nation and preserve our freedoms, yes it galls me to see her torn down...

Have visited a lot of countries over the course of my life,,, went there and had a BLAST by living by this rule = "When in Rome.....".. Respected their way of life, got easily accepted (even though crash courses in learning foreign languages never was one of my high points) and enjoyed the cultural differences.. Most, if not all, of the off shore places I have visited had boundries about becoming a Citizen of their land. One was even surrounded by guard towers with machine gun nests in them and mine fields so you couldnt get in even if ya wanted to and their people couldnt get out - really felt sorry of em,, watching em walking around over there.. Left those places HONORED to have met the folks I did, HONORED that they were willing to show me what life was REALLY like in their way of life.. Gotta say though,, I have never ever lost the "feeling" one gets when they return to their home soil..

Bottom line is I think the unique way of life we have here in the States has been so corrupted by cheap sell outs from some not so honest people and by foreign influences that have never understood (or appreciated) what its like to live in land where Individual Liberty is a way of life.. Those influences have eroded our homeland to the point that it's hard for even some U.S. citizens to identify with what we really are suppose to be - hard to expect modern day immigrants or foreigners to figure it out if even our countrymen cant.. It would AMAZING to see a return of our original way of life but thats a stretch when ya think about it. OldGoat,,, sorry for what your going thru brother and, IMHO, finding yourself caught up in the mess that I am talking about.. Gotta say,, I have TONS of Hispanic/Mexican friends who would NEVER act like that and would be first in line to stand against that type of disrespect. Wonder if you have discovered a hot bed of people who are illegally in our country..