IGNORED

Warranty Problems

OK I need some advice.

I went to my local dealer today to have two warranty problems addressed. From what I read on here they are both common problems. The first being the tabs on the inner fairing that break and allow your windshield to shake. The other problem is on the pipes where the two pipes become one. There is an exhaust leak there on both sides of the bike.

First I'm told that pipes, even the stock ones I have, are accessories and only covered under warranty for 1 year.

Then I'm told that the tabs may not be covered because I may have to return to the dealer that built the bike. Supposedly Yamaha says that those tabs break due to the guy building the bike breaking the tab. Doesn't make sense since the bikes a 2006 and only started to notice the rattle last week. In fact when I first read on this forum about a month ago about this problem I looked and they seemed fine.

He stated he would call Yamaha but that he did not expect them to cover either problem. Any advice? How full of crap is he?

He is totally full of crap on both issues.

I had both right and left "Y' replaced and the front windshield and front fairing, all under warranty with no hassles from my Yamaha dealer.

If you have another dealer in the area, go see them and see what they say.

:no-no-no:

You mite want to wait till he talks to Yamaha, I had similar problem with local dealer, When I asked him about the clutch basket chirp, he said he never heard of the problem, ran my vin # through his computer and said there were no issues with my bike? I asked him to call yamaha and told him I would like the "I" basket upgrade. Next day he called back and said basket was on order, bike is in the shop rite now for the fix. So far so good:cool10: Craig

Thanks guys, I figured he was full of it. I guess I'll give him a day or so and see what happens. I did call Yamaha and the guy there said both should be covered and that it sounded to him like the service manager just didn't want to be bothered.

I'm kinda surprised you're having troubles. My local dealer, whom I did not buy the bike from, has been great! He has replaced plastic on the bike I never even noticed had cracks in it. This guy has gone Thur the bike to torque the screws, nuts and bolts to make sure I won't have a problem in the future. I understand that the Harley dealers have come around lately, I had a dealer tell me to take the bike back to the dealer I bought the bike from, for a cracked intake manifold, but I gotta say, Yamaha has been very good to me! You might want to check around for a dealer more interested in you, as a future customer.