IGNORED

Can this part be replaced

snyper316

If it was mine, I would remove it clean it good coat it with Locktite Red and press it back in.

I wonder if that is what they used to seat them in the first place cause what was still left on mine had a red shade to it.

Edited by snyper316
My Mind is Mush Today

soak the joint in MEK to get the tube out and cleaned and if you have a friend that works around airplanes the best sealer for that is pc-1750. otherwise use a fuel resistant sealer and hope for the best.

When I went out after posting this to pull the fuel lines off the four way came right out. The red tinted sealant stuff was brittle and came right out. This picture is one I found on Ebay and just circled the piece that was leaking I've got it cleaned up. I was gonna clean it up better with a q'tip and Rubbing Alcohol. I have found several different things that with stand fuel. Just trying to figure out the best way to go and like you say Hope for the best. I have found many Issues like this but mainly pertaining to the VW Bugs going up in flames because of a pressed in Fuel inlet on their carbs.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by snyper316
GRRR MIGRAINES!!!

Be very careful that you do not apply too much sealant. Excess sealant will clog the "net filter" at the float valve.

I figured that part came out but just don't know how it does. I planned to just use at the very edge of the Four way and none in the hole. Just debating on what to go with because I hate fighting that tube to the Air Box!!! I will let it set overnight then put gas in it and see if the seal holds before I put the Air Box back on.

If you can not find the 4 way, there are a few ways to fix it.

1. It looks like it is either plated brass or steel. If so you could sleeve it inside with a piece of thin wall brass tube and solder/braze it all back together.

2. Find or make/modify a fitting to fit into the carb body and add tubing and Tees to make it all work.

3. If you wanted to get fancy, you could solder/braze/weld up a new 4 way out of 3 fittings.