IGNORED

Mixture Screws - Replacements?

• 6 months later...

Im sure it is. If you cant find them hit up Dannymax on the vmax board or pm me and I will call him. Im sure he has a basket of them.

Another neat thing about the screws I have experienced is I had a missing washer and O ring on one screw. I had them out for a Shotgun. I scoured the ground and everywhere, turns out the Oring was just sticky enough to stick in the hole with that little washer over it which made it look as if there was nothing left in there. A can of carb spray with that plastic red tube slid in there and sprayed and eventually the Oring and washer came sliding down the tube. Darn funny what a few decades will do to these things!

Yeah I don't even see the oring on the carbs.... 1 and 2... I managed to get washer out of carb 1

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

They try to hide and are very hard to see sometimes. They may still be in the carb.

I am thinking I blew it out or it simply fell out.... when I was messing with it the other one I managed to get the washer and peices of oring

Sorry it came out in pieces, at least it's accounted for and you know it's not still stuck in the hole.

A small set of picks are cheap and work well pulling out the washers and o-rings. I put a tiny bit of sticky gasket sealer on the end of a screwdriver to pull out the screw when I was working on the carbs while they were on the bike.

By the way now that I am on my computer and reading this luvmy40 did these screws work out for you?

Yes, the screw kits I got from Yamaha for a newer model worked perfectly. The ChiCom valve cover gaskets I got on fleabay are another story. The 30 year old gaskets didn't leak as badly.

Yes, the screw kits I got from Yamaha for a newer model worked perfectly. The ChiCom valve cover gaskets I got on fleabay are another story. The 30 year old gaskets didn't leak as badly.

Gaskets on the carbs never heard chicom I have used k&l's

Another trick to use to get them out is the straw that comes with a can of WD-40. It should fit into the hole of the oring and washer and you can pull it out that way. Or spray a little WD-40 in there with the straw all the way in can help also.

Rick F.

Another trick to use to get them out is the straw that comes with a can of WD-40. It should fit into the hole of the oring and washer and you can pull it out that way. Or spray a little WD-40 in there with the straw all the way in can help also.

Rick F.

Yeah I know that trick too, But the WD-40 I buy does not come in the aresol cans got tired of 3/4 of the can not being able to be used, for some reason it loses it pressure and won't spray. I have bought 4 cans over the past year and have not got to use all the WD-40 in the can..... So I went and bought refillable squirt bottle and a gallon tin of it... I do have Oreily carb cleaner with the red straw and electronics cleaner with the straw....

Actually a crochet hook works great to extract those stubborn orings. I learned that from Damon's carb video.

Also siriusconinc offers some decent carb screws, diaphragms, etc

https://www.siriusconinc.com/mobile/search-result.php?make=2&model=xvz12&part=1&partno=&search=search

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Ha!! Yamagrl never thought about that... My mom crochets!!! Btw where you been hiding.

Ha!! Yamagrl never thought about that... My mom crochets!!! Btw where you been hiding.

I have a little hiding place in Northwest Florida

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk