IGNORED

Traded bike for a four wheeler

dacheedah

Ok Life changes, first knee surgery, then my father passed away and I have my 87 year old mother with memory care issues living with us, then the wife had another neck fusion since the first one did not take and she had broken hardware in her neck. The road to recovery is not short and this was her fourth neck surgery and she has had as many back surgeries. I was considering triking the bike but a convertible fits our current prescription. We have been kickin the idea for over a year when I found a 2003 T bird with just over 20,000 miles so we traded the bike. I did pull some things off of her like Mic Mutes, HID, back cup holder, harley mufflers . . . So for now the wife is basically grounded but on those few times when we can get out I can drop the top and go. I am holding out that in the future Chris will be at a place where we can return to two wheels and two up, Not goin away but I have not been very active either.

OK....first of all, I'm really sorry to hear about all the issues. It seems that as we get older there is more and more health stuff to deal with. Hope the wife's surgery is successful and she can get back to normal.

Secondly, I really like those little T-Birds. Never owned one but have driven one and it was a nice little car. Hope you get may miles of smiles out of it.

And LASTLY...so you traded the bike...does that mean that you IMMEDIATELY forget all the rules and things that we have taught you around here? I mean come on....PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES. :whistling:

I am sorry to here of your family issues. They always come first, and taking care of them is most important. Vehicles are mostly luxuries and replaceable.

But I do love the T-birds and would also like to see a pix. I have had three in the past but they were all sixty series birds (62 Sport Roadster, 66 Landau, 69 Town & Country).

:farmer:

Very nice. I actually love those cars. Never owned one but have driven one a couple of times. I'm not sold on the orange stripes but that is just a personal preference. Looks very nice and you should have a lot of fun with it.

I feel bad about keeping the pink t shirt. You think she might like it if I gave it to her now?

She has a neck collar on for the next three months, I asked the Dr where her cone was and neither she nor the Dr thought I was hilarious. I told them I thought it was to keep her from scratching her ear with her hind leg. At the point where the Dr explained to me why the collar I understood that she did not get my humor. I did probably look puzzled that she took my sarcasm seriously. Now I forgot about the pink T until you reminded me. . .

• 2 weeks later...

You're not alone in your quest, I too, have parked my bike, as I'm the 80% caregiver to my father in law. alzheimer's is a *****.. although i'm not ready to part with my bike. it just hurts making the payments, knowing you haven't been on it, since your last payment. Maybe next year I'll get a little part of my life back. Dad's getting to the point, of we can't service his needs at home anymore. The Diaper changing is the worth for me. The conversation are getting shorter, and most of the time. in his mind I don't know where he is. It's, My mother in law, that will not let go. she'll fight this to the end. the need for total control, and she's losing her battle. Dad's 90 & Mom is 87. So, in between giving him shower, keeping him proper ( all the little extras ), and driving to their doctor appointments. This is my life right now. ( I so wanted to go to the International ) I was supposed to go with Gary & Rita Haydu.

Like last night, I drove 165 miles from my jobsite, to be here this morning, so I can watch dad, while mom goes to an appointment for 7 am., she's back now, So, I'll have Breakfast, then head south again. My wife is on a business trip out of town, and will not be home til tonight. Timing stunk. I just love making money to:mo money::mo money:it away.

She has a neck collar on for the next three months, I asked the Dr where her cone was and neither she nor the Dr thought I was hilarious. I told them I thought it was to keep her from scratching her ear with her hind leg. At the point where the Dr explained to me why the collar I understood that she did not get my humor. I did probably look puzzled that she took my sarcasm seriously. Now I forgot about the pink T until you reminded me. . .

LoL at the visual. Not kidding pm me a shipping address and I'll send her the pink t. Maybe that'll make her feel better.