IGNORED

Political Correctness is out of control....

SilvrT

here's the 'skinny' on white....

If you are painting then white is made with no colors, if you are talking about combining different color lights then it is Red+Green+Blue to make white light.

Stick with IT Rick.

Just sayin....:smile5: :rotfl:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are working with light then white a mix of all colors (or colours for those other few.....).

When working with pigment, like a paint, then white is the absence of color so that the paint will reflect all of the colors and we will see white light which is all of the colors.

If you want red paint then you add a pigment that will absorb all of the colors except for the red light so that we see the color red. Pigment does not actually have color since color is light and the paint does not emit light, it just reflects or absorbs what is there.

That is why black things get so hot in the sun, black is the absence of color so that means that the black object is absorbing all of the light energy so it gets the hottest the fastest. White stays cooler because it is reflecting most of the light energy away.

So how is this for being out of control?........................

:confused::confused07::confused24::doh: Opened a can of worms now I am even more confused I will just stick with the theory its a murphy's law :cool10:

Tip and I were out goofing off on Tweeks a couple years ago and managed to find our selves out in Sturgis for the Rally... We stopped at Micky Dee's for a burger.. After leaving Tweeks outside to graze with the Hogs and going inside - Tip starting gazing over the menu while I was busy gawking at the real bikers we were surrounded by.. My gawking ended and my mouth started :Im not listening to when I noticed a couple bikers with patches on their backs stating they were from Brooklyn :scared:,,, I was like = WAYYYY COOL!!:thumbsup:.. Fellow biker standing next to me overheard my announcement to Tip to take a look at the bikers from Brooklyn and stated something in reference to the color of their skin,,, to which I replied with a big :big-grin-emoticon: = "guess I inherited my fathers color blindness cause I hadnt noticed :confused24::big-grin-emoticon:" .. Tip then followed me over to :Im not listening to with those Brooklyn fellers and find out whether or not they had ridden in from NYC :biker: :fingers-crossed-emo or trailered in .. Come to find out their group was out for a month and doing a cross country trip RIDING :cool10:.. They had noticed us pulling up on our beat up ol Tweeks all covered with stickers and pointed out the window at the ladies who were with them still gathered around our bike admiring her stickers.. Never did talk about skin color but we did talk about how much easier it would be for them to find parking for their scoots (all riding Harleys) then it had been for us (actually got kicked out of few parking lots thru the years cause of riding a Yam) :think:..

All that said,, wasnt very long ago and riding a Jap bike out to Sturgis was actually kind of iffy - in the 60's and 70's it wasnt uncommon to find a metric scoot being burned on main street at the Rally.. I havent seen that happen in many years out there,, maybe we are actually getting more civilized :bighug: Thinking my Harley riding brothers from Brooklyn would probably have agreed with that :guitarist 2:

20140705_123622.jpg

20140705_123600.jpg

I did not know you could get away with that up there the guy I bought the bike off of said he went to Sturgis but I don't believe everything I hear I did ask if he had pictures from up there don't remember what he said.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Edited by snyper316
Misspelled word

OK !! Reading this thread got me thinking and having some time today I went to garage!!! Can any body tell me what the He** I'm gonna do with a SKY BLUE PINK POKA DOTTED VENTURE???

:scared::lightbulb:I got this one bro!! I got it I got it!!!!!!!!!

Insulate the rear trunk to make it into a chest freezer,, get a cassette tape of that carnival music ice cream trucks play while driving thru neighborhoods,, dress up like a clown and drive around your neighborhood selling those polka dot ice cream bars,,, have a brand new triked Goldwing paid for free and clear in NO TIME = tahhhhhhh dahhhhhh :essen_018:

If you are working with light then white a mix of all colors (or colours for those other few.....).

When working with pigment, like a paint, then white is the absence of color so that the paint will reflect all of the colors and we will see white light which is all of the colors.

If you want red paint then you add a pigment that will absorb all of the colors except for the red light so that we see the color red. Pigment does not actually have color since color is light and the paint does not emit light, it just reflects or absorbs what is there.

That is why black things get so hot in the sun, black is the absence of color so that means that the black object is absorbing all of the light energy so it gets the hottest the fastest. White stays cooler because it is reflecting most of the light energy away.

So how is this for being out of control?........................

Try it with black paint next time but everyone my kids mix all there paints it come out ugly brown lol or almost black but that's what I was thought too is white is all colors

The "Theory of Color", like "Pascal's Law" and "Ohm' Law" is a "Law of Physics". It is constant throughout the universe.

The attribute of color within a substance and it's natural "Color Formula" is the same in flowers, vegetation and animal life, elements and alloys, compounds and formulations, paint, food-coloring and hair-color... everything.

There are only 3 colors; Red, Blue and Yellow. All others are Secondary or Tertiary. Secondary colors are equal parts of 2 of the primary colors. They of course are orange, violet and green. Everything else is tertiary.

White is the presence of all color and reflects light. Black is the absence of all color and absorbs light. Light reflectance is measurable.

A medium such as paint or hair-color will have it's individual properties that cause it's base to respond to colorants based on the colorant's ability to deliver (strength) and the base's ability to accept/respond.

Here is a site that seems to give a pretty decent description. http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory

(I was a hairdresser and hair colorist)

colorwheel.jpeg

:scared::lightbulb:I got this one bro!! I got it I got it!!!!!!!!!

Insulate the rear trunk to make it into a chest freezer,, get a cassette tape of that carnival music ice cream trucks play while driving thru neighborhoods,, dress up like a clown and drive around your neighborhood selling those polka dot ice cream bars,,, have a brand new triked Goldwing paid for free and clear in NO TIME = tahhhhhhh dahhhhhh :essen_018:

I hope he has strong legs and a lot of dexterity by the 10th stop I don't know if I could lift my leg over the seat anymore

Yeh they taught us that in art and science class the ohm law we touched in shop class so... It's stuff that makes sense but don't make sense in a way so that's y I kept saying Murphy's law.

Murphy's Law seems be pretty much universal also!

Tip and I were out goofing off on Tweeks a couple years ago and managed to find our selves out in Sturgis for the Rally... We stopped at Micky Dee's for a burger.. After leaving Tweeks outside to graze with the Hogs and going inside - Tip starting gazing over the menu while I was busy gawking at the real bikers we were surrounded by.. My gawking ended and my mouth started :Im not listening to when I noticed a couple bikers with patches on their backs stating they were from Brooklyn :scared:,,, I was like = WAYYYY COOL!!:thumbsup:.. Fellow biker standing next to me overheard my announcement to Tip to take a look at the bikers from Brooklyn and stated something in reference to the color of their skin,,, to which I replied with a big :big-grin-emoticon: = "guess I inherited my fathers color blindness cause I hadnt noticed :confused24::big-grin-emoticon:" .. Tip then followed me over to :Im not listening to with those Brooklyn fellers and find out whether or not they had ridden in from NYC :biker: :fingers-crossed-emo or trailered in .. Come to find out their group was out for a month and doing a cross country trip RIDING :cool10:.. They had noticed us pulling up on our beat up ol Tweeks all covered with stickers and pointed out the window at the ladies who were with them still gathered around our bike admiring her stickers.. Never did talk about skin color but we did talk about how much easier it would be for them to find parking for their scoots (all riding Harleys) then it had been for us (actually got kicked out of few parking lots thru the years cause of riding a Yam) :think:..

All that said,, wasnt very long ago and riding a Jap bike out to Sturgis was actually kind of iffy - in the 60's and 70's it wasnt uncommon to find a metric scoot being burned on main street at the Rally.. I havent seen that happen in many years out there,, maybe we are actually getting more civilized :bighug: Thinking my Harley riding brothers from Brooklyn would probably have agreed with that :guitarist 2:

Two things:

I've been to That Mickey Dees

My first time in Daytona they had a metric drop. Can anyone guess what that was?

The "Theory of Color", like "Pascal's Law" and "Ohm' Law" is a "Law of Physics". It is constant throughout the universe.

The attribute of color within a substance and it's natural "Color Formula" is the same in flowers, vegetation and animal life, elements and alloys, compounds and formulations, paint, food-coloring and hair-color... everything.

There are only 3 colors; Red, Blue and Yellow. All others are Secondary or Tertiary. Secondary colors are equal parts of 2 of the primary colors. They of course are orange, violet and green. Everything else is tertiary.

White is the presence of all color and reflects light. Black is the absence of all color and absorbs light. Light reflectance is measurable.

A medium such as paint or hair-color will have it's individual properties that cause it's base to respond to colorants based on the colorant's ability to deliver (strength) and the base's ability to accept/respond.

Here is a site that seems to give a pretty decent description. http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory

(I was a hairdresser and hair colorist)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107092[/ATTACH]

see, see, see......... I was right the first time............ I told ya'll before, the World would be a better place if more people agreed with what I had to say.:soapbox:

Nanny, Nanny, boo boo:rasberry: