IGNORED

Wife is out of town so I thought I would buy myself a "new" Bike

VanRiver

Wife and Daughter are in Europe enjoying the sights while Dad (me) needed to stay home and work. Perfect time to buy a new Motorcycle and not have to ask permission...just forgiveness when they get back!

$100 Canadian Dollars later and I'm the proud owner of a 1981 Honda PA50......Yes folks, 49cc of pure 2-stroke Honda POWER!!!!!! Sure to strike terror in the heart of any WeedEater or grass trimmer out there!:banana:

Sure is a lot easier to put this beast on the centre stand compared to my Venture!:cool10:

These pics are of the old girl fresh from being picked up and not washed, cleaned, or cared for yet. She will sparkle once I'm done with her. Hope my daughter will enjoy cruising the neighbourhood on it!

IMG_5848.jpgIMG_5846.jpgIMG_5850.jpg

Wife and Daughter are in Europe enjoying the sights while Dad (me) needed to stay home and work. Perfect time to buy a new Motorcycle and not have to ask permission...just forgiveness when they get back!

$100 Canadian Dollars later and I'm the proud owner of a 1981 Honda PA50......Yes folks, 49cc of pure 2-stroke Honda POWER!!!!!! Sure to strike terror in the heart of any WeedEater or grass trimmer out there!:banana:

Sure is a lot easier to put this beast on the centre stand compared to my Venture!:cool10:

These pics are of the old girl fresh from being picked up and not washed, cleaned, or cared for yet. She will sparkle once I'm done with her. Hope my daughter will enjoy cruising the neighbourhood on it!

Congrats VanRiver.

That is just so cool looking. Love to see pictures when you are done with her.

Sure that your girl will enjoy cruising the neighbourhood. - Remember to give her a helmet !!!!

OUTSTANDING FIND RIV!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Your daughter will have a BLAST on that puppy,,, :think:,,,, if she :sign cmon: can keep her bike fanatic father off it :sign20:

:scared:,, wanna quote from Puc's Positive Points to Ponder?? Sure ya do:big-grin-emoticon:

Quote #17556 = man with 1 moped and family of 6 (I have 4 kids) is short 5 mopeds :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey Puc, words to live by my friend! Can never have too many 50cc or 70cc Honda's in the stable....even though there are only 2 "kids" in my household (my Daughter and ME!) Actually she is more mature then I'am. I would love to read the other 17555 quotes! Hope you write a book someday.

Anyway my "restoration" is coming along nicely. I usually do more of a quality job on my bike restorations, but for this $100 bike I'm not going to any extremes. She is built for fun, not to be pretty show queen! Lots of rust on this poor girl, was left under a carport for 20 years of it's life. Still working on the Tank and assorted plastic bits...but looking like a bike again rather then a pile of parts!

IMG_5875.jpg IMG_5882.jpg

OUTSTANDING FIND RIV!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Your daughter will have a BLAST on that puppy,,, :think:,,,, if she :sign cmon: can keep her bike fanatic father off it :sign20:

:scared:,, wanna quote from Puc's Positive Points to Ponder?? Sure ya do:big-grin-emoticon:

Quote #17556 = man with 1 moped and family of 6 (I have 4 kids) is short 5 mopeds :big-grin-emoticon:

Ok, so last year we built another garage (you know where this is going).:doh: My shop used to house two RSTD's and all my leather stuff plus a few odds and ends. Now it is "THE shop" :cool10:and there is now "THE garage" which has LOTS of room. :biker:

I just bought another bike ('06 Shadow Aero)...couldn't pass it up. :happy65:What can I say, its a great second bike. Ken laughs at me :rotf: cause I'm out there looking for the next "good deal"....on a "new" bike. :banana: Then I ask, "Honey does THIS bike make my butt look too big?":doh::confused24::no-no-no:

Well I got the Little Honda all fixed up and she is cruising the neighbourhood again just like Mother Honda intended. I think she turned up pretty well, if I do say so myself!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107095[/ATTACH]

Looks very nice. So is the Yamaha Vision next on your list??? I see it's no longer listed. Doug

Thanks @divey ! No, I let the Yamaha Vision go. Looked like a great bike, and I hope it went to a good home! But like I said before, the wife would have killed me if she saw it sitting in the garage. I already have 15 bikes in my collection, which is exactly 15 too many for her. It is a lot easier to hide a moped in a corner of the garage that she never looks at compared to a Vision or another big Venture....they are a bit more conspicuous! :buttkick:

If you have a spouse or significant other that supports your motorcycle addictions then you hold on to them and never let them go as you are a lucky lucky dude. :bighug:

Looks very nice. So is the Yamaha Vision next on your list??? I see it's no longer listed. Doug