IGNORED

Voyager again

Yammer Dan

Voyager wants 30 bucks for a paper manual I'm told I don't want because is almost a joke and claims no CD for the Venture?? She seemed to have a attitude I think because I told her I bought a used kit and didn't seem to want to help. Anybody Know if there was a vid for hookup on Venture? Did the Paper manual have Pics of hookup??? If I sit and scratch my head enough I'm sure I can hook it up but sure would like to see how it goes and how to torque which bolts. All the stuff I find just tells how Great And easy they are!!! Easy if ya got it on there....... Any body got a manual I could borrow?? I'd send it right back and pay postage?? Or a CD. I think they were made no matter what she claims.

After you posted that you got that, I watched a video on how to put it on and take it off, and it seemed REALLY simple.

Good luck, and you'll get it done. AND be back on the road!

Actually I couldn't believe how simple it was to put it on and take it off. Maybe I'm missing something.

Came off a Venture and I think I got all hardware. Just like to see how it hooks up! I think I got a manual on the way (maybe) Dude said he wasn't allowed to sell them. (understand that but we worked deal to E-Mail me copy just haven't got yet!) I just want to see pic of hookups to calm my brain!! Now if he would just send it!!!!

Where is @mirider when we need him? I rode Big Mac (his gorgeous 2nd Gen w/ a Voyager Kit) and it rode awesome.. As I recall, a dealership set his up for him but maybe he has a link to some install instructions or could snap a quick vid of what goes where on the belly of the beast... I do know that the two wheels you get from Voyager are suppose to go on the back DanL - hopefully you havent started with the sawsall and got em on the front all ready like @Marcarl did when he did his...

Where is @mirider when we need him? I rode Big Mac (his gorgeous 2nd Gen w/ a Voyager Kit) and it rode awesome.. As I recall, a dealership set his up for him but maybe he has a link to some install instructions or could snap a quick vid of what goes where on the belly of the beast... I do know that the two wheels you get from Voyager are suppose to go on the back DanL - hopefully you havent started with the sawsall and got em on the front all ready like @Marcarl did when he did his...

Yeah, I might have a manual if needed (and if I can find it :think:) My rig was installed by a local dealer so I haven't had much reason to use the manual but, if I recall, it is pretty extensive, Yamaha Venture specific, and lots of pictures. :happy34: Not sure I want to share with a guy that disses 2'nd gens all the time....:stickpoke::confused24: :D but if you need something Dan, PM me and I'll help if I can.

Thanks Dave. I got a manual by E-Mail from a guy down south. Not a great one and my kit is a little different but Its helping on those brackets. Only 8 pages with 9 pics?? My axel hookups are different on one side. My kit has a slot that slide over the axel and the kit shows a split ring that bolts around the axel?? Mine has same slot hookup on both sides. Make sense? Kit was a early one I'm guessing? 03 I think. We will see.

Thanks Dave. I got a manual by E-Mail from a guy down south. Not a great one and my kit is a little different but Its helping on those brackets. Only 8 pages with 9 pics?? My axel hookups are different on one side. My kit has a slot that slide over the axel and the kit shows a split ring that bolts around the axel?? Mine has same slot hookup on both sides. Make sense? Kit was a early one I'm guessing? 03 I think. We will see.

My kit does have the slot on the drive side and the split ring on the other....shouldn't make a difference ?

My manual has 7 different sections and about 30 pages with lots of pics. Might be worth the $30 if you are gonna have the Voyager for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Not gaining much. Rear hookups on 1st Gen and 2nd look to bolt on with Brake caliper and bolt spacing is different. This is on head of axle side. Nut side may work. Belly Pan I'm not sure of yet. I got it because of the reading I did I figured I could put it on one of the 1st Gens. So far 2nd Gen just enough different to stop that. If the belly pan is interchangeable I may be able to drill holes for the back. It may take some time.