IGNORED

tci gurus please

so i had a back fire and it was hard to start when hot so i took out my tci half hte diodes were blown half were corroded. i replaced them and now the bike wont run lol. so i assume i messed my box up. my bikes a 84 and the ignition unit says its part num tid14-28 or 41r-10 then unit number is oo1 in the little window stamp area anyway i found this can you tell me if it will work with my bike or not?? thanks

http://www.carmousa.com/xvz1300-venture-royal-star-tid1428-tid1494-yamaha-xvz12-xvz13-replacer-unit-p-1064.php?cPath=493_4686_2129_2946&zenid=rbjopuohds7kpnpt67299tg467

Hmmmmm, very interesting! Did not know this company existed! I see they have a phone number, call them and ask if the unit is designed for 2 pickup coils or 1 pickup coil. '84 thru '90 are 2 pickup coils, the last couple of years they switched to single pickup, so if they say for 2 pickup then you're good to go...

Hmmmmm, very interesting! Did not know this company existed! I see they have a phone number, call them and ask if the unit is designed for 2 pickup coils or 1 pickup coil. '84 thru '90 are 2 pickup coils, the last couple of years they switched to single pickup, so if they say for 2 pickup then you're good to go...

Just a clarification on Bobby's two pickup coil years; 1983-1989 have two pickup coils while 1990-1993 have a single pickup coil.

There is also this company http://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/1984-1985-1989-Yamaha-XVZ12-Venture-1200-CDI-Ignitor which I too have wondered about and as for first post how did you get your circuit board out i was thinking of taking my saw to mine cant think of the saw name but it vibrates it wont cut you but it will cut almost everything else... or did you just undo your plugs?

Just noticed in the picture on my link it says CARMO on the Orange Box they both offer 3 year warrantys....

And the original posting from the CARMO website is $10 cheaper.

It sure looks like they are both the same item. although in the add on the Regulator Rectifier site it says that you will actually receive the smaller Orange one with the connectors on pigtails and not like the OEM where the connectors are part of the module. That would certainly be worth a call to find out. I would pay $10 more for that tiny one that will fit in more places. Fortunately I am not in the market for a TCI right now. Also, I do not have $330 of curiosity to try one out right now.

Yeh it looks as if it would fit about anywhere and I will have to wait for taxes to come to do it but I would go for smaller cause you know as soon as you cut tabs on other box it would void warranty cause I'm not about to put the box where it was

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

how did you get your circuit board out i was thinking of taking my saw to mine cant think of the saw name but it vibrates it wont cut you but it will cut almost everything else... or did you just undo your plugs?
To get the board out you need to unsolder ALL of the board edge connectors and remove the 4 screws...

I notice from the other thread you already have the cover off.

To get the board out you need to unsolder ALL of the board edge connectors and remove the 4 screws...

I notice from the other thread you already have the cover off.

Yup and after i bake it i was gonna attempt to the board out and have a look see then resolder what I can... and also didnt want to mess with trying to unsolder anything... I would have to goto Springfield to get the proper tool to desoder it I want it to be clean when i do that and i need to totally redo my print board in the dash... cause it looks like crap and i dont like crap...

So what are the odds that OEM TCI that "Came off of a bike that was running with 22,000mi when it crashed" is going to be good?

There's one on ebay right for $55.00 and I'm almost half sure that my current problems are at least partly TCI related.

So what are the odds that OEM TCI that "Came off of a bike that was running with 22,000mi when it crashed" is going to be good?

There's one on ebay right for $55.00 and I'm almost half sure that my current problems are at least partly TCI related.

I had just taken that one off my watch list for two reason it looks nothing like mine and im not sure that is the correct part... I have an 83 Yamaha venture and the plugs are Six and 8 with this one is 4 and 6 and it also has a vacuum port..

Whatever TCI you buy, make sure it is from an '83 only, all other years will not work right...