IGNORED

oil leak

embarassing moment. Was parked in a garage with 3 harleys. The only oil spot was under the Yamaha. I have an 08 venture and I am getting an oil drop from the breather hose. Not much just a little drop.

any sugestions?

If I fill the crankcase on my 1st Gens to full with oil they will aspirate oil and I will get stuff like that,,,, maybe check your oil and make sure your not to far above 1/2 up the sight window on oil. Check it cold with the scoot standing upright.

If I fill the crankcase on my 1st Gens to full with oil they will aspirate oil and I will get stuff like that,,,, maybe check your oil and make sure your not to far above 1/2 up the sight window on oil. Check it cold with the scoot standing upright.
Yup !

As puc said, if you are over the mid point, bike level, cold engine, it will pull oil up into the air ducks under the tank and make a mess. I did it once, early on and had oil dripping out of the plastic ducts and down the the side of the carbs.

Another thought,,, you runnin with them Harley's or used to luggin a big twin? Is it possible that you have been luggin the motor on your Yammer following or riding it like a Harley? While our V-4's are really pretty torquie - they actually like to be spun up a little higher than a big twin..

Another thought,,, you runnin with them Harley's or used to luggin a big twin? Is it possible that you have been luggin the motor on your Yammer following or riding it like a Harley? While our V-4's are really pretty torquie - they actually like to be spun up a little higher than a big twin..

That & I like to spin that V4 up a little. BSEG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

One of the guys on a Victory site I'm one was out on a weekend trip I think he said with guys on HD. One morning they came out to load up and his was the only bike with an oil puddle under it. Turns out one of the Harley guy thought it would be cute to put some bacon grease under his to make it look like it was leaking. Only RSV I have seen have oil under it and not be the over fill issue are the ones with a blown rear shock.