IGNORED

Update on my deployment

CMCOFFEY

It has been a long time since I have been on here. I guess when you are across the world from your bike, you forget to jump on the forum. My subscription had actually lapsed, luckily Cowpuc mentioned me in a post and I got an email to remind me to come visit.

I have been in country now 306 days. That means I have roughly 58 days left. I have traveled extensively since I have been here; I am actually in the passenger terminal right now waiting on air trans to another location.

When I am not on the road, I run the Audio Visual section for the base chapel or I play bass guitar for them. When I am not working or practicing with the worship team, I am doing school work. I finished out my associates in electronics systems technology before I came out here, and now I am working on my Bachelors in Labor and Employment Relations. I had the bright idea of taking two LER classes at once; lots of reading and work.

That is pretty much it from here. I have a lot more to tell some of you, but I will do that at some meets and rallies or over Ice cream if we happen to be in each other's neighborhood. I am just ready to get back to my family.

-Coffey

First thanks for your service. Hey we can all understand I think having many irons in the fire. So if you can keep the studies up and your job going, your doing better than I ever did. %8 days and a wake up aint bad, thats the down hill slide for sure. Check back when you get stateside.

Back at you my partner in grime, fellow Venture and VR lover and brother in the Lord!! 58 days,,, :fingers-crossed-emo 57 when you get this :big-grin-emoticon:!! So glad to hear all is well Tech Sargent Coffey - also want you to know we are still thinking of and praying for your safe return back to your family (including all of us here). As already mentioned - THANK YOU sooooo much for your service for God and country:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:. Hopefully Tip and I are two of the people who get to treat you to an ice cream cone and get to hear all about everything in the not to distant future Chris - we are proud of, love and miss you young man! Be safe and see you soon!

Puc n Tip

PS - Higher Education is an excellent way to pass the time, prepare for your future and better yourself (got that Dad to Son thing going on here Chris - sorry about that,, it's a flaw in my flawed character) - keep up the good work Sonshine!!!:thumbsup:

I just hope we have a country he has to come back to. Shhes The way things have been going lately.....

@CMCOFFEY ,,, Deeg has got a point here - you may not realize how rough things have been here back home - if all this nonsense keeps up we may all end up having to ride beat up old Yamaha motorcycles and sleep in tents or something :big-grin-emoticon:

Djh3 - sorry about the humor (was meant to put a :big-grin-emoticon: on Coff's mug) - hope it wasn't in bad taste - apologies if it was!

I like the idea of riding around on beat up old Yamahas and sleeping in tents. That is one of the many things I cannot wait to get home to. I need to get my 84 completely road worthy so I can sale my green bike (exodus). I haven't fully decided on that course of action yet, but it will probably happen.

I like the idea of riding around on beat up old Yamahas and sleeping in tents. That is one of the many things I cannot wait to get home to. I need to get my 84 completely road worthy so I can sale my green bike (exodus). I haven't fully decided on that course of action yet, but it will probably happen.

Me too Sonshine - ME TOO!!:thumbsup:

You get to the point your ready to pass Exodus on to another owner PLEASE let me know - be more than happy to help you post ads and pics Chris! :thumbsup:

Coffey I think of you often. Our time on the road to Venture West was the highlight of that summer but for finally putting a hug on cowpuc and tip. Thank you for your service, your sacrifice and your friendship. Stay safe.

VentureFar...