IGNORED

Hello I have just joined this web site.

Dalemj

Hello,

My sign-on is Dalemj. I just bought a 2011 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S with 4,000 miles on it. My 1st street bike was a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard from American Warhorse in Scranton Pa. In 2011 my wife and I started looking for a bigger more comfortable bike for longer rides. She didn't like the pillion seat. I had both seats redone at Mean City Cycles in NC, what a difference. I saw the 2011 Royal Star at a bike show in Syracuse NY. 2012 I was going to buy one but got laid off after 31 years so that went by the wayside. Since then I have not been putting many miles on the Suzuki so I made the decision to sell it this spring and either go bigger or nothing. I really didn't like the bike only getting 6-700 miles a season. So I found this Yamaha and it still has the warranty on it. Only 4000 miles. But, the owner had it raised and I could not get stable footing. I had it lowered back to the stock height, but still too tall. Also the seat in the crotch area is so uncomfortable, stopped or riding. I see Mean City Cycles has a program when they redo a seat they will cut the front section to alleviate this but, not going to do that till winter. I would appreciate any feedback as I am looking at lowering.

Thanks

Dale

Lowering the bike is fairly easy. Baron's makes a lowering kit that will lower the rear. You can lower the from accordingly by simply loosening the clamps on the triple key and sliding the fork tubes up. The Baron's kit for the rear includes a caliper relocation bracket.

As for the seat, I don't know anything about Mean City Cycles. We have a member here by the name of Rick Butler that does seat modifications also. If you contact him and explain your problem, he can tell you how he would remedy it.

Hi Dale,

Welcome to the sight. You might as well go ahead and join because you won't regret it, you will truly enjoy it. The knowledge you will gain and friendship will be worth it all and more.

Here is who Don was talking about. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showcat.php?cat=16 Rick Butler. He has done my seat on two different bikes. He does great work.

Take your time and look around and again welcome.

Welcome. :biker: If you only knew.... Just remember the words to Hotel California.... "You can check out, but you can never leave"...:yikes:... Never thought you would join a cult that worships at the alter of Dairy Queen did ya ?? :smile5:

Welcome aboard!!! As mentioned there are lowering kits, as well as ways to lower the front (not mentioned, change front tire to a "130" which also improves low speed handling).

I notice you are from Vestal, just outside Binghamton! You are only a few hours away from my area! Please consider joining us this August for the WNY North East Regional Rally. Here's a link...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?115244-WNY-North-East-Regional-Rally-Aug-24-Aug-28!!!

Welcome Dale,

I too am vertically challenged (30" inseam and shrinking) and have modified my RSV as Freebird has mentioned and have no trouble flat footing the bike now. We have many members from NY, always happy to have another. Rick Butler does great seat work.

Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for everything about the Yamaha Venture. Everyone here is very helpful. I even did an online search to see what your options might be.

This is what I found and I think they just might help to flat foot the bike. They can be found in "his and hers" What color is your bike?

Heather

675480785fb9d5f7b2cd313da562f99d.jpg

9k=

Edited by yamagrl

Welcome Dale, we are just up the road from you in Port Byron NY. only about 2 hours. we are on our 2nd RSV, Current one is triked. As everyone else said, if you need info on the Venture or help with anything, you can get it here. If you want to meet some great folks and have a good time come on up to the Western NY rally. There is also the International rally in WV, in September. All info can be found here on the site.

Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for everything about the Yamaha Venture. Everyone here is very helpful. I even did an online search to see what your options might be.

This is what I found and I think they just might help to flat foot the bike. They can be found in "his and hers" What color is your bike?

Heather

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105847[/ATTACH]

9k=

We have been searching ALL OVER for CowPuc's shoes and you have been hiding them ... Puc buddy you are back on the road..! :stirthepot: