IGNORED

Anyone heading near me for ride to Dons MD?

Flyinfool

I am planning to leave here around 3-4am on Friday June 10th.

This gets me just over the state line into Indiana by 6am to miss some of the Chicago lunatics that have not yet had their morning coffee.

This timing also gets me to Dons around noon on Friday with plenty of time to set up my room at the Pond monster motel and get in some visiting before heading out for dinner.

If anyone is looking to hook up, let me know, we can see what will work out.

If that ferry was not so darn expensive, I would be glad to take that and drag @cowpuc and you and maybe even a few others from MI all kicking and screaming all the way to MD. I am even closer to the ferry port than Puc is.

:lightbulb: I wonder if they keep the prices high so the troublemakers from one side of the pond dont go over to the other side of the pond and have a bad influence on the non-troublemakers on the other side:big-grin-emoticon:

:lightbulb: I wonder if they keep the prices high so the troublemakers from one side of the pond dont go over to the other side of the pond and have a bad influence on the non-troublemakers on the other side:big-grin-emoticon:

That could well be the case since you have not made it over here yet.................:rasberry::moon:

If that ferry was not so darn expensive, I would be glad to take that and drag @cowpuc and you and maybe even a few others from MI all kicking and screaming all the way to MD. I am even closer to the ferry port than Puc is.

Lake Express Ferry between Muskegon, Mi and Milwaukee, Wi. = Approximately $270 one way for my wife and I, trike and trailer. Missing Chicago area traffic = PRICELESS ! :cool10:

To take the Lake Express Ferry would cost me $172 for one way or $315 round trip.

Since Muskegon is north of me, it does not save anything as far as miles ridden and adds a couple of hours to the trip. That is part of the reason I leave home at 3am to get thru Chicago while most of them are still sleeping.

To take the badger SS it would add 100 miles of driving and 6 hours to the trip at a cost of $123 one way or $239 round trip.

Actually getting thru Chicago in the middle of the night is not to bad. It is the trip home going thru Chicago at 6-8pm that is dicey.

Lake Express Ferry between Muskegon, Mi and Milwaukee, Wi. = Approximately $270 one way for my wife and I, trike and trailer. Missing Chicago area traffic = PRICELESS ! :cool10:

To take the Lake Express Ferry would cost me $172 for one way or $315 round trip.

Since Muskegon is north of me, it does not save anything as far as miles ridden and adds a couple of hours to the trip. That is part of the reason I leave home at 3am to get thru Chicago while most of them are still sleeping.

To take the badger SS it would add 100 miles of driving and 6 hours to the trip at a cost of $123 one way or $239 round trip.

Actually getting thru Chicago in the middle of the night is not to bad. It is the trip home going thru Chicago at 6-8pm that is dicey.

I once inquired about ticket prices if I only wanted to go half way across - figured I could afford 1/2 price.. Been banned from the Ferry ever since:rain2:

Used to be the only real hassle I ever had with going around Chicago was finding a quiet place to camp where I didnt have to :stickpoke: with the Crips and the Bloods after a long day of being in race mode :guitarist 2: in the fast lane.. Since Moe The Viroguain Guard Dog and Tweeks got to be really good friends - we have a permanent invite to sleep in his private camp ground any time we want so the ride around Chicago has just become another day of chasing the front wheel :happy34:

To take the Lake Express Ferry would cost me $172 for one way or $315 round trip. Since Muskegon is north of me, it does not save anything as far as miles ridden and adds a couple of hours to the trip. That is part of the reason I leave home at 3am to get thru Chicago while most of them are still sleeping. To take the badger SS it would add 100 miles of driving and 6 hours to the trip at a cost of $123 one way or $239 round trip. Actually getting thru Chicago in the middle of the night is not to bad. It is the trip home going thru Chicago at 6-8pm that is dicey.

Yeah Fool, I see your point. Our grandson moved to Beloit recently and when we visit later this summer we definitely are going by Lake Express. When he was in central Wisconsin last year, the Ludington ferry worked out fine. Since I don't ever get up at 3am for anything anymore, I will stick to missing that hassle around Chi-town. :happy34:

I once inquired about ticket prices if I only wanted to go half way across - figured I could afford 1/2 price.. Been banned from the Ferry ever since:rain2:

PUC - You crack me up........:rotf::rotfl:

So I guess there is no one from north and west of Lake Michigan that will be heading thru Wisconsin .................

I will be in the Truck again this year so I can clear a hole thru Chicago. I got tonnage over most of them.