IGNORED

Dunlop Elite 4

• 2 weeks later...
So should you fallow bike specs or tire specs for air pressure. I've heard both and besides the faulty Metzler's I've fallowed the bike specs

Follow the tire manufacturer specs, the bike specs are for the OEM tires that come on the bike from the factory, normally those are Bridgestones. Not using the tire manufacturer specs , especially in the case of the Metzlers, is potentially related to the high failure rate that have been reported on those tires.

I found out the hard way on bike tires. I had a Kawasaki 900 Vulcan. I ran the pressures stated in the owners manual. Tires were shot in 5k. About 3k in I noticed they were looking worn. Found out on some 900 forums that pressures needed to be more. Found out the same thing on the RSV and now on the Victory.

So it appears bike tires are the same as car tires. If you use the pressures on the sill plate, you will get the nice cushy ride the manufacture boasts about. If you want mileage, go with the tire manufactures recommended pressures. Better stability, mileage.