IGNORED

2007 RSV Maintenance

Al Bates

I have around 50,000 mile on my 02 Midnight. This year maintenance I will be removing the carburetors for cleaning, lubing and adjusting the steering, replacing the fuel filter, spark plugs (Iridium), rear breaks pads, new rear Avon tire, Air Filters, Clearview windshield and oil/filter.

These part number and pricing may be some help.

Yamaha Fuel Filter: 1FK-24560-10 $12.19 (Dealer)

Spark Plug: "Iridium" NGK DPR8EIX-9 (2202) $9.99 each Total $39.96 (Dealer)

Break Pads rear: EBC FA124HH (HH for heat) $21.19 (JC Whitney)

Air Filters: K&N YA-1399 $82.20 (JC Whitney)

Tire Avon Venom: 150/90HB-15 305321 $123.95 (Southwest Moto Tires)

Clearview Windshield XXLarge: $135.00+shipping (Clearview Shields)

:2132:

Hey Al, A little better price here. Only a couple of bucks for shipping.

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_cross.asp?pid=DPR8EIX-9&x=32&y=13

Al, suggestion for clearview windsheald. go with goldwing center vent installed ,make huge difference in summer, and is about $40 extra.

Al, ill second both of these recommendations. I have been using sparkplugs.com for some time. My Irridiums shipped was about 35.00.

I would also seriously add the vent to the windshield. It does make a HUGE difference in warm/hot weather riding. Down here in Florida I had to take off my fork deflectors in the summer because of the heat. This year I left them on because the w/s vent did an excellent job.

My theory for using Iridium plugs is, I'll run them for two years or longer. When I was in school we did many test with many different types of plugs and I do remember some of those test.:think: These days there in automobiles and lasting 100,000 miles. That also telling me something. It was like three dollars more a plug from the dealer.