IGNORED

Don't laugh.....but I forget.....

ReinyRooster

Got the bike out of the shed, did an oil change, checked all the fluids on the weekend and had the first ride of the season today.....it was a short ride into work but man, it felt good.

Now....I forgot the trick to setting the preset radio stations and if I remember correctly, it's not correct in the manual. I know it was explained here once but I can't find that thread. Can someone either direct to that thread of explain it to me ........slowly.........:confused24::confused24:

Select the band you want, press and hold the up or down tuning button for a couple of seconds, It should find the next clear station. When you find the one you want, press and hold the select button until it flashes. You can press the up/down button to select which position you want (1.2.3,etc.) When you have it, press the select button again. Repeat as necessary.

Actually....the manual is correct. It's confusing....but it is correct.

Manually tune in a radio station

• Select frequency band
  • repeatedly hit the "Select" button for less than one second until the currently selected radio frequency appears in the display
  • Push up/down switch for less than one second until desired frequency is displayed

Save Preset Manually

• Push "Select" button once for two or more seconds. The radio frequency and preset station number "1" starts flashing
  • Push up/down switch for less than one secontil until the desired preset number is displayed ("A" will automatically program the presets stations)
  • Push "Select" button once for less than a second to store the radio station selected

Repeat process to preset other stations

Seems like the second gens have their share of issues with the stereo. I've had trouble with mine cutting out...replaced the stereo unit, which I think helped, but the handlebar control is flaky when it gets hot. I never had any luck with the gps connected to the aux input either. Phone and Ipod work well when plugged into the aux port, but the gps sounds horrible when connected to the stereo inside the fairing. I was planning on trying to figger this out this year......have to see if I can find time......

I generally prefer earbuds anyway...better sound and blocks the wind.:confused24:

Seems like the second gens have their share of issues with the stereo. I've had trouble with mine cutting out...replaced the stereo unit, which I think helped, but the handlebar control is flaky when it gets hot. I never had any luck with the gps connected to the aux input either. Phone and Ipod work well when plugged into the aux port, but the gps sounds horrible when connected to the stereo inside the fairing. I was planning on trying to figger this out this year......have to see if I can find time......

I generally prefer earbuds anyway...better sound and blocks the wind.:confused24:

Try playing with the output volume level of the GPS, it may be too high and driving the bike audio system into distortion...

Hmmmm, sorry Reiny, but they were such a butt pain to set that I switched to XM and only listen to satellite radio...

You can always put in a cassette and listen to that!

I know there had been threads on XM radio, but how did you do it

Spent LOTSA money on a Garmin Zumo with built in satellite radio. There is a LOT of much cheaper alternatives like I did on my 1st gen. You can find radios with the cradles for under $50, just mount the cradle somewhere, wire in the 12 volts, and hook the output into the AUX jack, or get really fancy and split your fairing and install a stereo headphone Y adapter into the cable inside the fairing, does the same thing. Just remove the radio from the cradle when parked or if it is raining. You can always put a plastic bag over the unit when it's raining too...