IGNORED

glass fuses

Another great reason to convert to a new ATM fuse box.

What happens if you need a fuse while on the road and you can not find one?

The glass fuses and their holders are also a very well documented source of electrical gremlins on these bikes.

The glass fuses and their holders are also a very well documented source of electrical gremlins on these bikes.

I can't remember. Doesn't one of the members sell a kit to replace the old with the new?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

EZ fix. Wrap a piece of chewing gum wraper around the blown fuse and your good to go.

:scared: :sign yeah that: :scared:

LOL yea buddy. I sure hope nobody takes this as serious fix. What I had done in past was I had some sort of old car, I sure dont remember what it was. but I took a glass fuse, knocked the glass out, soldered in a wire and a couple spade connectors a AGC or whatever fuse would sit in. Then a zip top bag with a couple common sizes 5,10 15 amp AGC fuses. Then if the glass fuse blew, I could plug the glass ends in slots and install the AGC "temp" fuse and get where I was going.

LOL yea buddy. I sure hope nobody takes this as serious fix. What I had done in past was I had some sort of old car, I sure dont remember what it was. but I took a glass fuse, knocked the glass out, soldered in a wire and a couple spade connectors a AGC or whatever fuse would sit in. Then a zip top bag with a couple common sizes 5,10 15 amp AGC fuses. Then if the glass fuse blew, I could plug the glass ends in slots and install the AGC "temp" fuse and get where I was going.

Now that is a great idea!!

Oh I had a pick up that I use to pull a race car trailer with. It developed a short in the wiring and would occasionally pop the fuse for the tail lights. I bought a circuit breaker and wired it in the same way. Then if it happened to pop the breaker I could reset and still have lights and no ticket. I did finally rewire the trailer and the problems went away.