IGNORED

Indigestion bug

Venturous Randy

Has anyone had a bout with having terrible indigestion for a day or two? Linda and my son have had a terrible time today and I have been about half as bad. We don't think is is anything we have eaten as we all have not eaten the same thing. It usually lasts a couple of days and things like Alka Seltzer don't seem to help at all.

Randy

Prayers Up for you and your family Rand - hope you folks are doing better!! LOTS of it going around,, our Dentist office had to close down recently - talked to the business Manager there who told me her hubby had a temp of 106 - really nasty stuff!!

Randy, this may sound weird, but if/ when I have really bad indigestion, I take a tea spoon of baking soda in a half glass of water.. stir well, and guzzle it down..you will be buring before you know it. I don't mean up-chucking now, just burping..but it sure takes away the indigestion. Even says so on the box......:happy34:.

You sure you guys all didn't eat at some local restaurant within the past 36 hours, and all ate different meals? (such as a minor touch of food poisoning possible??)

Last time I got food poisoning (at a restaurant just outside the gate at Sequoia National Park or the restaurant in the park) I took some Tums that helped a bunch. I ended up taking my wife to the Emergency Room in Phoenix AZ for intravenous fluids and an antibiotic. ($2300)

I have gerd but when I go on a low carb diet mine seems to disappear completely. My sister keeps telling me I have gluten sensitivity. When I drink most beers it gives me a headache, if I stick to whiskey I am good. Keep a journal of what you eat and watch for results anywhere from 20 minutes to the next day. A guy at work was having a ton of issues, lots of testing and they found he was allergic to I think yellow die #7 and he drank copious amounts of Mountain Dew. My sister will not eat processed foods, everything from scratch and she keeps saying that we are a people of convenience but doing it old school doesnt take that long. Good luck with it

Old time method that works for me and those that I have shared it with. Once in a while I get bad enough that I cannot lay down without tasting stomach acid. When this occurs I go and buy a bag of apples, eat ONE at bedtime and maybe more through the day , cause they are good, and I am cured with in a day or so. No more indigestion for six or eight months, then another bag of apples. Very cheap , but very effective for me. A buddy of mine told this to his digestive Dr , The doc replied , If I told everybody that ,hen I would be out of business.

Worth a try.

Bill