IGNORED

Fellow venture rider

Edbo

Meet a fellow venture rider today at a motorcycle gathering spot called About Bikes in Blount springs, Alabama. He was riding a 2007 RSV that he had bought new, I said to him you don't use your CB do you, he said no, why. I told him because the antennas are on the wrong sides and if you tried to use it it would crap out your CB. What's up with the antennas being installed on the wrong sides??? Also asked him if he was a member here he said no.. Told him about the site maybe he will visit. I just don't see many of these bikes when I'm out riding, so I like to talk to those that ride when I do. :Venture:

A lot of mechanics do not know the difference between a CB antenna and a radio antenna. So it is common to see them installed on the wrong sides. I actually went to the shop near my house and taught them how to check SWR and gave them an inexpensive swr meter with adaptors.

Mike

A lot of mechanics do not know the difference between a CB antenna and a radio antenna. So it is common to see them installed on the wrong sides. I actually went to the shop near my house and taught them how to check SWR and gave them an inexpensive swr meter with adaptors.

Mike

So so these are the same mechanics that are going to keep this machines in tip top shape?:wow:

I've seen a number of RSVs in Arizona the past month. Have not been able to catch one. Saw one today, intersection of I-17 and rt 260...Verde Valley. We were riding a loop to Payson, the long way. I'm on the VStar.... He was going the opposite way as we pulled out after a break.....

One of these days I do hope to catch one!!

No pics of ride... Having to much fun and kept forgetting!

I've seen a number of RSVs in Arizona the past month. Have not been able to catch one.

One of these days I do hope to catch one!!

I am sorry to hear that you are on crutches, that would be the only way you cant catch a RSV..... :stickpoke: :stirthepot:

If you were on your 1st gen, you really should plug in at least one of the 2 disconnected spark plug wires when you go for rides.......... :stickpoke: :whistling: :stirthepot:

Meet a fellow venture rider today at a motorcycle gathering spot called About Bikes in Blount springs, Alabama. He was riding a 2007 RSV that he had bought new, I said to him you don't use your CB do you, he said no, why. I told him because the antennas are on the wrong sides and if you tried to use it it would crap out your CB. What's up with the antennas being installed on the wrong sides??? Also asked him if he was a member here he said no.. Told him about the site maybe he will visit. I just don't see many of these bikes when I'm out riding, so I like to talk to those that ride when I do. :Venture:

I LOVE chasing down fellow Venture riders too Edbo!! Someday, when I have the extra cash, I am gonna write a letter to Freebird and see if I can get permission to have some Venturerider.org "business cards" printed up to pass out to those Venture riders out there that I meet up with.. I have told lots of folks over the years about our site and often wonder if the reason I seldom see em on here is cause they cant remember our web address..

I LOVE chasing down fellow Venture riders too Edbo!! Someday, when I have the extra cash, I am gonna write a letter to Freebird and see if I can get permission to have some Venturerider.org "business cards" printed up to pass out to those Venture riders out there that I meet up with.. I have told lots of folks over the years about our site and often wonder if the reason I seldom see em on here is cause they cant remember our web address..

I was thinking about doing something again with this company. Have my "Retired" business cards from them...thinking of ordering more and adding our logo and web site address...if @Freebird approves.

http://www.vistaprint.com/?xnav=logo

The CB should have a protection circuit in it, if the SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) gets to high, it will reduce the transmit power. if you cannot talk to anyone CB antenna on the wrong side switch.

I usually ride alone or the other guy I ride with doesn't have a CB so I haven't used mine yet. So let me ask the dumb question, what side is it suppose to be on.

The CB should have a protection circuit in it, if the SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) gets to high, it will reduce the transmit power. if you cannot talk to anyone CB antenna on the wrong side switch.

I usually ride alone or the other guy I ride with doesn't have a CB so I haven't used mine yet. So let me ask the dumb question, what side is it suppose to be on.

Not a dumb question at all. Mine was on wrong side when I got it also. When your sitting on the bike the CB antenna should be on your left side. :Venture:

• 2 weeks later...

Meet another Venture rider today at a place called High Falls in Alabama. He was from Rome GA. Area and I forgot to ask him if he was a member here. I rides a 2006 midnight. Again I don't see many of these bikes out much.:Venture: