IGNORED

Look what followed me home yesterday.

During my lunch break at work the other day I was surfing the net and found these really nice 1999 second gen at a reasonable price with 77000 miles on it.

I contacted the seller and couldn't believe it was still for sale, so I took and drive yesterday and well you know the rest.

Now the fun starts, I'll be asking you all for help/information.

The first is the exhaust. I think it's too loud.

It has the Harley street glide slip-on exhaust on it right now and i do have the original to put back on. I'm used to a little loud with a deep Rumble like my 84 has with its aftermarket pipes. The question is what do you all run on yours.

20160313_152749.jpg

20160313_152104.jpg

20160313_152805.jpg

20160313_152851.jpg

So i took it out for my first real spin today and it's not as loud as i thought but need to get more time in the saddle with it.

I did notice pop'n and backfiring once and a while when i was out. "probably needs a tun up"

other tan that I was in heaven during the ride, You second gen riders have bean keeping this a dirty little secret. "lol it's safe with me"

I'm now official spoiled and never want to go back and ride my first gen again.

Now the next question is how do you move the back rest foreword? I only see adjustment for up/down. need to move it forward 2" to properly support me.

for thous of you like me hear in NY, where do you put the state inspection sticker? I know hear in NY they like to stick them to your fork on the left side but theirs no place that i can see for it + i don't want to dirty up the fork.

Where to put a sticker? Good question. I wrestled with that myself with the national parks senior pass. finally put it on center bottom of windshield. At least I can't see it there...AND...didn't like goobering up the looks of the forks either.

In defense of 1st gens...they really are faster and carve corners like nothing else....but the 2nd gen ride is very nice indeed...

BTW, nice looking scoot.

When I was stationed in Oklahoma in the USAF we had to have a state inspection sticker and a base sticker. I never wanted to "perminatley" put them on most anything I owned. So I would find a place that I didnt mind and make a plate to fit the sticker and then bolt it to the forks. At that time I used fender brace bolts or something like that. The base sticker had to be able to bee seen straight ahead while approaching the gate guard. Inspection sticker I usually had mounted more hidden. Maybe fabricate a little plate and mount it to the right (or left) front fork reflector.

Thank you djh3, that was what i was thinking about doing "using the mounting bolt for the reflector". NY requires that it be visibly from the left front side and on a permanent part of the bike like the fork.

Well I just bought a 2nd gen....and it has the Barons Nasty Boys 4-2-4 exhaust. It's very loud. And I have a Roadstar with Vance & Hines Longshots which is loud Soni am used to it. However, the Barons on my RSV are pretty annoyingly loud.

Well I just bought a 2nd gen....and it has the Barons Nasty Boys 4-2-4 exhaust. It's very loud. And I have a Roadstar with Vance & Hines Longshots which is loud So I am used to it. However, the Barons on my RSV are pretty annoyingly loud. I like the look of big ovals better than my skinnier dual exhaust on each side as well...