IGNORED

Looking for alternative to iphone integration on Venture S stock system.

vasquelli

Hi Folks...ran upon this today and wondered if anyone has figured out if/how this could work to integrate calling/receiving calls on iphone yet integrated into the stock Yamaha sound/intercom system. It seems the bluetooth option might work with the remote mic option mounted inside a full face/modular helmet. I know it would not be weatherproof but it could be protected better from the weather. Anyway it got my creative juices flowing thinking on how I might best use this device to my advantage. The mic would have to be plugged/unplugged each time you take off your helmet but I'm thinking it would allow you to use the aux port on the cassette deck while taking/making calls. iSimple also makes other items that plug into the aux port including one they call a Call Cassette (http://isimple.com/catalog/talk/ISMJ38) but the trick is being able to have the mic at the end of the cord inside your helmet. I suppose you could use an iPhone headset extension cable perhaps and even use this http://isimple.com/catalog/talk/ISMJ33.

Bluetooth device:http://isimple.com/catalog/talk/ISBT52

Cheers,

Mark

Boy I just cant see any of those being a viable usable mic on a bike @ 50+ mph on the highway. By the time you factor in wind noise, engine noise and what not. Edsets makes a cable that will allow a GPS that has bluetooth and a mic output to connect to the comm's. Your best bet may be just go with a Sena or other bluetooth helmet comm.

Ok good food for thought! Thanks everyone. I just wished there was some alternative to allow the stock system to be able to incorporate a phone. I like the stock system for the intercom mostly and listening to music. I like the fact the stock system is ready to go at any time as long as the bike is in good order. I've had Bluetooth devices and my largest complaint is that you have to charge them all the time even though it's the same for our phones. The other is that sometimes my Scala Rider system would get out of sync with each other at the most inopportune times! My wife did not like that at all as it makes her more comfortable riding knowing she can get my attention at any time through the intercom. Oh well, maybe the newer Bluetooth devices are much better now than the ones I first bought back in 2013. Any advice or recommendations on those?

We use UClear with modular and full face helmets. works great - no mic in front of you as they are built into the speakers. Take a look at their website. Also go to Webbikeworld.com as they have a section for reviews of bluetooth products

@vasquelli

Kennedy Technology Group made a device that plugs into the 5-pin DIN plug system of the first or second generation ventures. Part number I have here is KTG 95297 and it's made in the USA. I have no clue if they're still around they were in Rose Hill Kansas so and I think their website was http://www.cellset.com. I have one. Came with bike. Not installed yet.

I did just install the xm adapter. Works well. I opened fairing and put power supply in there. I also bought a stereo mini jack splitter and put that in aux circuit. Ran wires out to handlebar where I mounted unit. Love being able to select aux on radio. Without using mini plug at cassette deck.

Bottom line, there should be a way to tap into 5 pin DIN headphone circuit.... With phone. Need to isolate it electrically, but everything you need is there...

Edited by videoarizona
corrected link. Thanks Clive

When I ride I usually throw the phone in the saddle bag in the off position. Sometimes if expecting a call I will keep it in my vest. I know some people have their who life on their cell phones. I know my kids do, I maybe just to dumb to figure it all out. I like the system on our bikes, first bike I owned that had all this stuff, I like the CB. I have sued other radio systems when riding with groups, the bikes with built in CB communicate the best with each other.

However with all that said, I cannot believe Yamaha or who ever makes the audio system for the bike hasn't come with some kind of update. Hard for me to believe that all the way up to 2015 they still offered a tape player.

I heard the audio system was basically the same as the Goldwing. I would like to get rid of the CD changer and maybe have a MP3 player in there. I would like to be able to listen to the radio and have a GPS too.

I have one helmet with Scala system, with it really you do not need any of the audio stuff we have on our bikes.

@videoarizona

Thanks for the pic! This helps me visualize it for sure. Upon your suggestion I sent an email to Kennedy and lo and behold...drum roll...a Jonathan Jambor responded back almost immediately. He is on vacation at the moment until the 22nd but said he had what I needed. I'll get back in touch with him toward the end of the month. This device looks to be exactly what I'm looking for to integrate my iphone.

He stated there are three parts required:

An intercom harness: 95261, $45

The interface module: 95413, $85

The phone harness: 95536 $50 (he said he also had a straight style of this item)

Thanks again...I've been searching for a while to find something that would marry up the great features of the bike and my phone and I think this may be my long lost answer! Most appreciative for this tip!

Mark

The Kennedy set works great, be sure to order the correct size plug for your phone (3.5mm) I had one with a 2.5mm plug and used an adapter but it didn't work. once the bike was started, lot of static, Kennedy sent the correct size and it works like a charm

• 1 month later...